Do you want P&PP to return for August? If so..

Disney8704

<font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon
Write to Disney! Maybe if theres enough letters written to Disney, they will take the hint to bring back P&PP for August! And it would be a huge cash cow to! With school getting ready to start, people are taking last minute vacations to Disney at the beginning of August. Then you have the start of the free DDP, which A LOT of people will be there just for the free DDP. They would DEF. not have any problems selling tickets. I am really hoping that they do bring it back for August. I've never been to one of the parties before and was really looking forward to it when I saw it on their website for August a few months back. Plus I've seen A LOT of people here on the boards and on other disney forums that they want P&PP to return for August. Even if you arent going to Disney, please do still write to Disney anyway to help those who want the P&PP to return get their wish come true!

Great idea. I emailed them a while back and they said the dates weren't out yet for August but it definitely looks like they aren't planning any now. I was also really looking forward to going to a P&PP for the first time when we come over in August. Who should we write to or will an email be ok?

Nope. I don't. August brings with it heavy summer rains. I paid $$$$ to go to PPP last August and it was a total wash out. Granted Disney gave me a one day ticket to the MK for my trouble. However, as an AP ticket older that ticket was pretty worthless.

Plus, we like to go to the parks at night, especially during the hot summer. (Who wants to be in Fantasyland at noon in the hot August sun?) These parties cause the parks to close early several times a week. During my last trip in April MK closed at 7PM four out of seven nights for PPP.

I'm not going in August, but if I were I wouldn't want there to be P&PP dates. I love MK at night (actually all of the parks are better at night) and the P&PP really messes with the ability to spend evenings in the park. When you are staying for one week and there are two P&PP during that time period that knocks out two nights you can go to MK, it makes other parks more crowded on those nights and then it makes MK more crowded on the nights without the parties.

I don't want PPP party in August either....I want to be able to go into the MK at night and not be shut out because of early closings...plus the storms are so unpredictable...A lot of people who bought tickets were disspointed last august.

Actually, the P&PP aren't a "huge cash cow" -- which is part of the reason why they'll be fewer and farther between. To try and generate more interest and give each one just a bit more of a push for guests.

August parties last year were really really tough on the performers, especially the pirates on the ship in the parade! Very hot and humid, so all of the very physical stuff the pirates do took a lot out of them. August is also prone to heavy rains in the afternoon that sometimes carry on into the evening, plus it's smack in the middle of hurricane season. Weather took down more than one party during August, and made several others kind of "soggy." Not to mention that the parks are packed all day as it is, so closing MK early for several days during peak didn't work as well as was expected (there was an expectation of people deciding at the last minute to purchase party tix to stay in the parks and play longer, and that didn't really happen).

Put all of that together, and August doesn't really look that good from a business standpoint.

:earsboy:

We had such a great time. We are hoping they do at least one while we are there. We were there for the one with the horrible rain storm last year in August but still had a great time. Just wore Ponchos. Of course, it is much better when mother nature cooperates.

Well, my family went to a P&PP last August and LOVED IT!!

We would be very excited if they did another one this year!!!! For me, it was the highlight of the trip.

To all those who complain about MK closing early due to P&PP what about MNNSHP or MVMCP? What should Disney stop having those as well? They close early and from what I know all the parks closes early anyway during the holiday season because of shorter hours. And it doesnt have to happen that often during August maybe once or twice during the week like on a Friday or Saturday night. Either of those 2 nights would work really well IMHO because a lot of peoples vacations start on a saturday and a lot of people seem to go to MK for the 1st day anyway. What a great way to kick off a vacation then go to a party! AND for those who live in the Orlando area would be able to get off work on friday, rest up a little and then head on over for a night out. Im not sure about how FL is for Friday and Sat nights, but around here, everyone is out doing something. Going out to eat, going to a movie, hitting the clubs and bars. If it was me, I would be heading to one of the parks on a friday or saturday night. Not sit around at home. As for the heavy rain, July brings heavy rain as well and if you look at my signuature you can see I've been to Disney several times during July. And each time it would rain and then clear out. It hardly did rain at night and when it did it wasnt a downpour but a light drizzle that a poncho cant fix.

For those who wishing to write, just go to the disney world website, scroll all the way down, click contact us and then fill out the form and just write them a nice note telling them how much you want them to have P&PP parties throughout August.

Great idea. I emailed them a while back and they said the dates weren't out yet for August but it definitely looks like they aren't planning any now. I was also really looking forward to going to a P&PP for the first time when we come over in August. Who should we write to or will an email be ok?

Nope. I don't. August brings with it heavy summer rains. I paid $$$$ to go to PPP last August and it was a total wash out. Granted Disney gave me a one day ticket to the MK for my trouble. However, as an AP ticket older that ticket was pretty worthless.

Plus, we like to go to the parks at night, especially during the hot summer. (Who wants to be in Fantasyland at noon in the hot August sun?) These parties cause the parks to close early several times a week. During my last trip in April MK closed at 7PM four out of seven nights for PPP.

I agree with this - its too busy a time of year to have to have MK close that early. It gets dark so late. Who wants to leave at 7pm.

Its called park hopping! If the nights you wanna go to MK and cant because of a party, just go to 1 park sometime during your trip and then park hop over to the MK at night. Or just plan around. The nights that theres parties dont go to MK. Go somewhere else and save MK for the days that theres no party. Everyone can continue to make an excuese about not having a party happen during their stay but Im not buying it. All Im hearing is excueses.

I'm not going in August, but if I were I wouldn't want there to be P&PP dates. I love MK at night (actually all of the parks are better at night) and the P&PP really messes with the ability to spend evenings in the park. When you are staying for one week and there are two P&PP during that time period that knocks out two nights you can go to MK, it makes other parks more crowded on those nights and then it makes MK more crowded on the nights without the parties.

Again, A LOT of people, HUGE turn out, money in Disney's pocket. Dont wanna leave? Buy a party ticket or hop on over to another park.

I agree with this - its too busy a time of year to have to have MK close that early. It gets dark so late. Who wants to leave at 7pm.

Its called park hopping! If the nights you wanna go to MK and can't because of a party, just go to 1 park sometime during your trip and then park hop over to the MK at night. Or just plan around. The nights that there's parties, don't go to MK. Go somewhere else and save MK for the days that there's no party. Everyone can continue to make an excuse about not having a party happen during their stay but I'm not buying it. All I'm hearing is excuses.
ITA. We live 4500 miles away from WDW sadly so we don't get chance to go that often. A P&PP would be a wonderful addition to our long awaited and already extremely expensive trip.

Unfortunately there is not going to be any P&P in Aug this year.

Again, A LOT of people, HUGE turn out, money in Disney's pocket.
Again ... history has not shown this, otherwise Disney would not have hesitated to program P&P parties in August this year. You can write all the letters and e-mails you like, but the next parties won't be until at least February.

:earsboy:

This is really a bummer. We went last August and it was absolutely wonderful. Still wish we'd gone twice! I was really looking forward to it being back this year as my BFF and I are going in August and she would have loved it just as much. yes it rained the night we went, but it really wasn't too bad. We dealt with it. It rains nearly every day in August. As far as the performers and CM dealing with the heat and humidity, they do it everyday in the summer. I would think that they would be well prepared for the parades and the character greetings.

I am one of those who hopes they do not return for August. This way I can plan to meet some of my friends from Orlando and go to the Magic Kingdom with them at night and not worry about which day to go. Last year we had a date set and it had to be changed because I realized there was a party happening that night.

:thumbsup2
This is really a bummer. We went last August and it was absolutely wonderful. Still wish we'd gone twice! I was really looking forward to it being back this year as my BFF and I are going in August and she would have loved it just as much. yes it rained the night we went, but it really wasn't too bad. We dealt with it. It rains nearly every day in August. As far as the performers and CM dealing with the heat and humidity, they do it everyday in the summer. I would think that they would be well prepared for the parades and the character greetings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter