• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you want a value Star Wars Hotel?

Do you want a value Star Wars Hotel?

• Total voters
I think it would be awesome! Not going to happen I'm sure, but it would be cool.
I think it will be awesome also! I mean, the new Star Wars hotel sounds cool, but not everybody can afford $1000 per night or can afford it too often. Besides, there has never been a Star Wars hotel anywhere in the world. It'd be nice if Disney builds one that's affordable, aiming at the average Star Wars fan, not just one for the super rich.

Disney isn't into low end experiences right now.
Yes, they are! Disney is currently refurbishing all the value hotels, so it's not like they are letting the low end things slide and only concentrate on the deluxe. In fact, the Pop Century is getting the gondola! That's a huge investment!

Last edited:
I think it will be awesome also! I mean, the new Star Wars hotel sounds cool, but not everybody can afford $1000 per night or can afford it too often. Besides, there has never been a Star Wars hotel anywhere in the world. It'd be nice if Disney builds one that's affordable, aiming at the average Star Wars fan, not just one for the super rich.

The whole immersive concept of the new SW resort seems a little extreme to me. I don't really know that I would want to try it. That's just not what I think of when I'm paying those deluxe price tags. Costumes and droids? Nope. Personally I would be more interested in a SW value resort with over the top theming.

Disney is currently refurbishing all the value hotels, so it's not like they are letting the low end things slide and only concentrate on the deluxe. In fact, the Pop Century is getting the gondola! That's a huge investment!
There's a difference between doing routine maintenance and upkeep on an existing resort and creating a value-priced resort with a high-demand theme. Disney would be more likely to create a Moderate SW resort than they would be to create a Value SW resort.

And look for rack rates at POP to increase significantly over other Value Resorts when the Skyliner opens and little to no discounts. Convenience comes with a price.

Disney's not bothering with the low end right now. It's either DVC, convention, or this spec venture for the immersion hotel.

I think it might be possible they renovate one of the sections of ASM. Maybe. They tend to keep Star Wars separate of other IP. But I could see them taking out Mighty Ducks for Droids.

Wow, a lot of No's out there. I am always excited for a new experiance when we travel to WDW and as I always stay at AS Mu. I love the value experiance. I am not destitute or cheap, I just can't justify paying a lot of money for a few hours sleep. I spend my days at the parks or in the pool but never in the room unless I am ready to go to sleep. The idea of an All Star Wars value resort is something that would probably make me leave Music for at least one stay. My opinion, and folks-it is my opinion- not meant to inflame or hurt anyones feelings is that the Disney franchise hotels should be just that, Disney themed. Where is the Disney at Contemporary, wilderness, animal kingdom, port orleans? I know there are thousands of you out there who love these resorts. I am not saying these resorts are not nice, nor should they even exist. My son stays at PO every years with the grandkids and they love it. All I am saying is, if they are going to be Disney Hotels, make them Disney Hotels. The Princess Hotel, Mickey and Minnies Lodge, The Mousekateer Club Inn, Peter Pan's Hideaway to name a few. Again, my opinion and I apologize to anyone who found offense to my opinion.

I would hope not. I am there for Disney not Star Wars. I think we are losing sight of "it was all started with a mouse" mentality. I think if they wanted a Star Wars park/resort, I would have preferred they make that a park of it's own. Seeing storm troopers walking down the street and stuff, kinda takes it away from me.

These are my thoughts and how I feel, I know others feel differently.

I would love a value resort with SW theming. Well, I don't know that I would love it, but my sons would. Huge statues of Star Wars characters along the lines of the statues at AoA, Pop, and the AS resorts would be cool. How cool would it be to have a SW-themed laser tag area adjacent to the arcade? I'm pretty frugal, but I'd splurge for my kids to play a round or two.

There is no way I would ever pay $1000/night for a SW hotel. There's no way I would pay $1000/night for ANY hotel.

If I go to Disney World, it's to go to the parks at Disney World, and those tickets are already expensive enough. An immersive experience at the SW hotel would not be my cup of tea. Now, if Universal did an immersive Harry Potter hotel, I might be interested (but still not for $1000/night).

What? Frontierland got partly erased to build Star Wars Land? Oh, no! That's awful!

They removed Big Thunder Ranch which had a petting zoo, outdoor BBQ restaurant, and hosted various western themed activities on holiday weekends. It was a great place for kids to and had great food as well. They also are shortening slightly the Mark Twain and Columbia ship track and Rivers of America to make room for Star Wars Land. Not sure if it will make much sense since Star Tours is still in Tomorrowland.

You are correct that land is limited. However, Disney does own quite a bit of land across the street from Disneyland. It's been used as an overflow parking lot for years. They've thought about a 3rd park going in there. They could expand to that area as they're already building a pedestrian bridge to that lot.

Wow, a lot of No's out there. I am always excited for a new experiance when we travel to WDW and as I always stay at AS Mu. I love the value experiance. I am not destitute or cheap, I just can't justify paying a lot of money for a few hours sleep. I spend my days at the parks or in the pool but never in the room unless I am ready to go to sleep. The idea of an All Star Wars value resort is something that would probably make me leave Music for at least one stay. My opinion, and folks-it is my opinion- not meant to inflame or hurt anyones feelings is that the Disney franchise hotels should be just that, Disney themed. Where is the Disney at Contemporary, wilderness, animal kingdom, port orleans? I know there are thousands of you out there who love these resorts. I am not saying these resorts are not nice, nor should they even exist. My son stays at PO every years with the grandkids and they love it. All I am saying is, if they are going to be Disney Hotels, make them Disney Hotels. The Princess Hotel, Mickey and Minnies Lodge, The Mousekateer Club Inn, Peter Pan's Hideaway to name a few. Again, my opinion and I apologize to anyone who found offense to my opinion.

I see what you're saying, but I think most of those hotels have nods to Disney without being in-your-face Disney. The AKL is tied into the Animal Kingdom park. PO has themed rooms. Wilderness Lodge reminds me of the original Frontierland, back from when Disneyland/world first started. I think it's definitely nice to have a variety for different guests who are bound to have different tastes in how overtly Disney they want their hotels to be.

And, by the way, I don't think your post comes off as offensive in any way. Having a different opinion isn't rude, and I personally like to read the forums for the variety of view points.

So i would love one but it wont happen, Disney is not going to make a strait up lesser version of one of its concepts. If they did anything i could see a Lucas-film resorts done up like the all star movie where there would be Star Wars themeing but also Indy, Labyrinth, Willow, American Graffiti and so on.

Why would they though?

This is not just a $1000 a night hotel that you sleep in, it's a full on immersive experience. It's an attraction in itself.

They do not have a value version of any of their deluxe hotels either.

For those who can't afford it (including myself), they are building something else for us to get our Star Wars fix - Galaxy's Edge.

They're rehabbing All-Star Movies right now. They could turn Love Bug or Mighty Ducks into Star Wars, but I kind of doubt they'd do it because they want people to spend the big bucks at the Star Wars Hotel.

I think we have a better chance of seeing that happen at Shanghai, Paris or Tokyo.

Last edited:
I'm not a SW fan but I do know it's HUGE and almost 90% of the people LOVE it to death.

That's the reason why Disney would never make any value thing (hotel or experiences) for it. It's always going to be very (VERY) expensive, because they know people are going nuts and make any efforts to be able to experience it. :(

I think it'd be cool if they could do something Art of Animation-ish around some of the Star Wars animated series or Lego Star Wars or something like that. Just focus on some of the settings without the over the top tech and cosplay.

Last edited:
There's a difference between doing routine maintenance and upkeep on an existing resort and creating a value-priced resort with a high-demand theme. Disney would be more likely to create a Moderate SW resort than they would be to create a Value SW resort.

And look for rack rates at POP to increase significantly over other Value Resorts when the Skyliner opens and little to no discounts. Convenience comes with a price.

The refurbishment at Pop isn't just routine maintenance; they are really gutting out the rooms and putting in a brand new design of queen beds and stuff. And the prices have been going up and up.... But I would be fine with a moderate SW resort as well. You know, anything less than $1000 a night. I don't mean Disney is planning to do a value SW. I just wish they would. One can always dream upon the Death Star!

Last edited:
The whole immersive concept of the new SW resort seems a little extreme to me. I don't really know that I would want to try it. That's just not what I think of when I'm paying those deluxe price tags. Costumes and droids? Nope. Personally I would be more interested in a SW value resort with over the top theming.
Same here. I'm planning on going in there and just stay in my room, only coming out to eat. I'm not wearing any costumes, no way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter