• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you wait in line for characters??

pinoke

Mouseketeer
We have never done this- even at the Halloween party. We always do a character meal of some sort, though. Am I missing something? I read that people are excited to meet a character and wait in long lines to do so, and it's got me wondering…
I'm not talking about a little kid meeting Belle or something. That is magical in the best way possible, and I get it. I am also pretty excited when I run into one or they come to our table. But- adults? Do you wait in line?

No I wouldn't. I do it for my kids if the line is reasonable and it's a character that we cannot meet at any restaurant.

I think it just depends on the characters and how rare they are. For example, back when WDW did Princess & Pirate party we did wait a bit for a picture with Cinderella, Prince with their lighted up carriage in background. There are always lines too for Jack Sparo when he comes out and most of those in line are adults!!!

We (two adults) will not be waiting in lines for characters.

And the only characters I would want a picture with would be the non-face characters - Micky, Minnie, Pooh, etc...I got lucky at Epcot last time and saw a bunch of characters walking into the World Showcase from some walkway and we got to stop and take pictures with them with no waits.

This year I'm hoping we just see Sully somewhere so I can get a picture with him. :)

We are doing the Halloween Party, but mostly to ride the rides at night with little to no wait, and then watch the second (less crowded) parade.

We (two adults) do wait in line for characters. We just think it is part of the Disney magic. My wife and I are ten years old when we go back to the world and for us that includes meeting the characters.

Guilty as charged. I have more patience to wait for characters than I do for rides for some reason. i think having a child alters the perception of what is reasonable at each stage they are for some reason. The clear exceptions to my list are the fairies and Anna and Elsa. There is a limit to how long I will wait, but I've spent many hours in total over the years standing in line in the scorching sun waiting while DD sits in the shade :rolleyes1 I will remind her of this when I'm old and frail :rotfl:

I wouldn't if I didn't have kids. Before kids, we would do character breakfast and stop if saw characters with no lines. Oh but there is one character that I would wait in line for and would be happy about it......Maleficent.

I think it can be just as magical for adults. I've never stood inline without my kids, but for some characters I was just as excited (if not more).

The longest we would wait is about 20 minutes however, depending if my wife is with me it would be a lot less due to her CFS.

David

We don't usually wait in lines for characters even with three kids. Unless its a pretty short line or a huge favorite, like Peter Pan for my adult sister last year. But even that was maybe 20 minutes. We do a few character meals and I do have a FP for Anna and Elsa and we will go to see Talking Mickey but again not if there is a huge wait.

I got up early one morning on my Disney Dream Honeymoon and stood in line for the princesses. I was third in line and waited 40ish minutes. I believe I may have been the only adult without kids.

It was just something I wanted to do, on that trip. I wanted to bring home pictures of me with the princesses for a souvenir. I didn't wait in line for any other characters the whole 5 day trip, but I bumped into plenty just walking around :)

When I have my kids with me some characters are important. We did character dining our last trip. They were happy to just wave at them as we passed by in the park for the most part. We only waited for Ariel in our FP window. We saw anybody who didn't have a line or made one character a day a priority and got in the line as it formed (Wreck it Ralph & Vanellope, Phineas & Ferb, Mulan).

My sons biggest thing this trip is meeting Anna and Elsa. So I booked an 8:00am ADR for akershus to try and avoid some of the long line...if it was just me and the hubby though I would not wait in a line for hours just to talk to actresses dressed up in costumes lol. I am only doing this for my son lol

My sons biggest thing this trip is meeting Anna and Elsa. So I booked an 8:00am ADR for akershus to try and avoid some of the long line...if it was just me and the hubby though I would not wait in a line for hours just to talk to actresses dressed up in costumes lol. I am only doing this for my son lol

When is your trip? The Anna and Elsa winds are changing.

I am an adult with no kids and I visit the characters. I only get some pictures and a hug so its pretty quick.

But only if there is a minimal line...like 10-15 minutes. I have been lucky and managed to stumble upon characters tucked away in spots with no lines. Just last Sunday morning at HS I found Minnie with only 2 people in line. I wait til really really late to see Tink...after 11pm is good. I did wait at AK to meet Louie & Baloo last month but I was first in line so it was good. I really would like to meet Gaston next but our hours never seem to match up.

The best time to meet characters is during parades and fireworks. Just before 8 pm wishes, my girls and I went to the Princess Meet n Greet near the carousel. It stated 40 minutes for Rapunzel and 15 for Cinderella. It was actually about 5 for Cinderella and when we came out, Wishes was on both sides of us. We went to Rapunzel next and met all four princesses by the time Wishes was done.

We (two adults) do wait in line for characters. We just think it is part of the Disney magic. My wife and I are ten years old when we go back to the world and for us that includes meeting the characters.

Thank you - this is me, too. I never waited in line for characters until my solo trips (we did a couple of character meals on the family trips), but I've gotten to where I love doing it. Normally I don't wait if the line is too long, but this year I waited 1 hr 40 min for Anna & Elsa (and thought that was short!) and they were great, totally worth it.

One of my best memories is meeting Dug & Russell last year (huge "Up" fan), and I always have to visit Phineas & Ferb. For me, meeting and getting hugs and photos with my favorite characters is part of the fun of WDW.

For the poster who mentioned Sulley - he and Mike are at DHS - they're in a really weird location, I almost couldn't find them. They're back kind of "behind" Studio Catering Co. If you look on the DHS map, there's a "Mickey hand" designating a character greeting spot between Studio Catering and the entrance to the Back Lot Tour - that's them. There's a sign with the Monsters Inc logo tucked back to the right of the "breezeway" as you walk from the Backlot Tour area toward the Streets of America - that's what I finally spotted. Sulley is huge and very furry. :)

DH and I will stop and see characters, but typically late at night or if there is no line. We will be going out of our way to catch Cinderella's step-mother and step-sisters next visit tho

I think this is great. Our kids are getting older and we still wait to see the characters. We love interacting with them. It is the Disney Magic.

I'm an adult without kids and I met 45 characters on my trip last month, if that answers your question...:rolleyes1

I know logically that me meeting characters should be a silly waste of time, but somehow I'm able to suspend disbelief for those few moments. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I never got to go as a child and I'm making up for lost time...but after three trips I've worn out that excuse.

Now I don't do autographs, I let kids ahead if it looks like I'm at a cutoff for a character switch, and I try to be quick, but sometimes the characters refuse! The day I wore my Toy Story shirt, none of the Pixar characters wanted to let me go. Oops.

My favorite memories are almost all character-related and I could write a ten page trip report on the magic of characters alone. They're so great at what they do, and the personalities always shine through! But if that's not your idea of fun, that's cool. Less people ahead of me in line. And I won't be ahead of you in as many ride lines. ;)

On our first trip together, my husband and I decided to make it our goal to get as many pictures with as many different characters as possible. It's our favorite thing to do in Disney now. Nothing better than seeing a rare character you never thought you'd get a picture with :D we get crazy excited.

We did wait three hours to meet Anna and Elsa this past trip, but I'm pregnant, so it's not like not our time would have been better spent waiting for test track or something. We've already been on everything, but Anna and Elsa are something new, so for us, it was worth the wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter