Do you use the jacuzzi tub?

Not sure why they did such a bum job of repair, but I suspect it's because they are going to replace the tubs with the rehab anyway.

Ack! Not meaning to hijack but I hope they replace them with the same type of tub... I love the big space of the OKW tubs - some of the other resort tubs are different shapes.

We use the tub at least once a day if not more. The king bed and tub are the reasons we pick a 1 bedroom over a studio. I have never once cleaned out the tub before use. Germs don't bother us. If the tub was visibly dirty, I'm sure I would call mousekeeping or just rinse it out myself.

I use it all the time while I'm in WDW! :thumbsup2 However I do clean it. Sorry...Mousekeeping is rushed and I like knowing that I'm getting into a clean tub.

I will be doing something new this trip; adding a little bleach to the cleaning water and running the jets for awhile. There was a thread here not too long ago about this "brown scum" coming out of the jets when someone was in the tub. So I don't want to worry about what's coming out of the jets while I'm in there relaxing. I just have to make darn sure I rinse the tub really good. :thumbsup2

I don't have a jacuzzi tub at home so I cant compare. But if your home jacuzzi tub was not used frequently wouldn't you want to do the same cleaning occasionally? I think it would be almost as gross to have brown stuff come out of your own tub. :sad2:

We have never used the jacuzzi tub. Of course we have one at home that we never use either (I guess it's not a big deal for us)

I use the tub but not the jets. I do love the OKW tub especially since it is huge! The jets don't do anything special for me.

use the tub - about twice each trip (sometimes more) use the jets.

definitely clean it - use beach and dishwasher detergent. let if run for around 15 minutes - then rinse it once - again let it run 15 minutes.

I use the tub but not the jets. I do love the OKW tub especially since it is huge! The jets don't do anything special for me.

This might be a dumb question but I am going toask it anyway. :rotfl: Will anything FLOAT out of those jets if you just use the tub but not the jets????

My kids take their bath in it every night! I remember when they were toddlers the one at OKW was like a water park to them!! LOL!! I've never had "gunk" come out but I do a clean out also shortly after arriving.

So do all of you already have your bleach down there? I am going to be renting and am not sure if I could call Mousekeeping and see if they could bring me bleach or if I would have to bring some down myself?

Wow! Thanks for all the good ideas and the heads up about cleaning the jacuzzi tubs. I never even thought at all about it - didn't use it last time, but I know that we have a hot tub at home, and THAT needs maintenance, so it makes sense. (Duh, right?)

You guys rock!

We always have a car and do purchase the bleach down there. But you could always just go with the powdered dishwasher soap and put it in a ziplock bag and put it in your suitcase ?

Maria

uses it to soak feet and legs after a long day at the park... but not a tub person either...

fill tub to the rim add bleach... run jets... then rinse... thats all we do...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter