Do you use rubber stamps in scrapbooking?

McKelly

DIS Veteran
I am VERY NEW to scrapbooking and so far have not used my rubber stamps at all. In fact, I haven't used my rubber stamps in over two years(used to do cards and things)! I am thinking about getting rid of the rubber stamps at a rummage sale, or trying at least, but want to know if I become more experienced in scrapbooking if I will start to use the stamps more often. Thanks for any advice!!

Stamping has puzzled me, too. I can never get mine to look as great as examples I see in magazines and on-line. I mainly use my alphabet stamps for titles and embellishments. I have had some success in stamping with a Versamark pad and then embossing the image for a pretty effect. I would be interested to see what others have done with stamps.

Gosh, I think it all depends on what you like! :) I did an album for a cruise dh and I took and used a shell border on every page. Then I used a single shell stamp as photo corners on all my photos. I often use my Disney character stamps in my WDW books, and I have some borders that I use in my other ones.

Mostly, though, I use alphabet stamps more than any other. I have several sets in different fonts and sizes, and they are so versatile!

I am new to scrapbooking too and bought a alphabet stamp set from QVC last month. It came with 24 color pads and use it all the time for page titles. So far that is the only thing I use rubber stamps for.

I have used rubber stamps occasionally on some of my pages, depending on the subject. I would hold onto the stamps until you find what you like to scrap with, you may find you really like them.

ah, rubber stamps... I love mine. I use my alpabets to stamp on ribbon, tags, etc. I of course am an alphabet-aholic though. I now have about 12 diffierent sets. (love them all). (we won't even talk about all the other random rubber stamps I suddenly seem to own... :D ) maggie

LOL at you Maggie

I don't have NEARLy as many as Maggie and I do not use them as often I am sure - but I am glad that I did not get rid of them when I didn't use them for a while -
never know when you NEED it!princess:

I used to have a lot of rubber stamps when my friend was selling Stampin Up a few years ago. I resold them on ebay. While I do like stamps, I can't justify spending $$ on them. I don't use any one stamp enough. KWIM?

Stampin Up has some cute ones though.

Heidi in PA

one can never have too many alphabet stamp sets though. :D titles, tags, ribbon, metal.... love to stamp with my alphabets. maggie

I have to agree... I am an alphabet stap junkie! Love them for scrapbooking. I have some other stamps but do not use them as much. When I was a member of Club Scrap, I always ended up selling the stamps!

I have been scrapbooking for several years but recently added rubber stamps to scrapbooks. I have used stamps for titles or backgrounds. If you can get a Stampin up or Angel Company catalog you will get many ideas.

I love alphabet stamps. Planning to add a few more in the next couple of months. I have a few from Hero Arts, PSX, and Anna Griffin. Even some of my Anna Griffin ones are shapes. I'm hoping to add the new MM ones to my collection soon. I say hold on to them, after a while you may start to use them and find that you like them. ( I tend to be more of a tool junkie than paper and embellishments , so may be a little biased ). I agree with Maggie, can never have to many letter stamps.

Cyndi princess:

I love texture. I think that I have more inks and embossing powders then stamps. most of my stamps are background things like pealing paint, tree bark, and spider webs. I am not a sticker person, but I think little bit of texture sticking out from under a photo looks fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter