Do you use packing cubes?

Do you find they make a big difference with organization?

I am trying to decide if I want to spend the $$ for them or just pack my suitcase as I normally do.

http://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/b/ebags/y/packing-cubes
I use them for every trip. Unpacking is so easy. I just pull the packing cubes out of the suitcase, unzip them and place the whole thing in a drawer. I don't remove the clothes from them.

The cubes are designed to fit perfectly in standard suitcases and since everything is enclosed in its own cube, there is no shifting to the bottom of the suitcase. If the TSA needs to inspect a bag, my stuff stays organized.

I know that a lot of people will tell you that ziploc bags work just as good, but it takes a lot of them to pack adult clothes and they don't fit into a suitcase nearly as neatly as the packing cubes. They also do not hold up as well and eventually will cost you just as much.

We use these. They are fantastic. It makes your suitcase very organized and there is no unpacking. We leave things right in the cubes.

Ok, thanks, I think I will get some. I will be traveling by plane and now that they have a $25 fee per suitcase for check in, I would like to get my entire long weekend/wedding attire stuff into a check in size bag.

Check in bag is 22x14x9 max so I need to figure out what would be my best option.

Dawn

Love our packing cubes! Each member of the family has their own set. You will be amazed at just how much stuff will fit in a suitcase (be careful with the 50 pound limit). Everything stays so organized once you are at the destination too. We ordered from LL Bean.

I do use them. I'm a serious type A personality that likes everything in it's place and packing cubes make it so easy. I never travel without them!

I don't see them on the LLBean website.

Dawn

Love our packing cubes! Each member of the family has their own set. You will be amazed at just how much stuff will fit in a suitcase (be careful with the 50 pound limit). Everything stays so organized once you are at the destination too. We ordered from LL Bean.

I bought one set last Christmas and have used them a few times this year and I'm sold. I absolutely love them!

Everything stayed in place. My bag wasn't a mess when I pulled out one item and repacking to return home was a breeze.

I've got to buy 3 more sets so everyone in the family will have their own.

Overstock.com has them at a good price too.

We currently use the air tight bags.

My questions is has anyone who uses the packing blocks previously used the bags and are the block better?

I've used my Eagle Creek ones for about 10 years. They work great and still look like new even though we use them every time we travel with a suitcase.

I also have the Ebags brand, and they are pretty much the same as Eagle Creek.

I get the blue set. DH gets the orange set. DS has red.

Easy to pack. Easy to know what belongs to whom. I can put my nightgowns, underwear, bras, socks in a packing cube. When I get to the hotel, just put the cube in the drawer and unzip it. My stuff is right there, and it doesn't touch the drawer at all.

I really like mine, except I order the aquamarine set from Ebage, and the color is nothing like what my monitor showed. I didn't like the color at all. I should have ordered another color, but I didn't want the hassle of paying to return them and so forth.

Easy to pack. Easy to know what belongs to whom. I can put my nightgowns, underwear, bras, socks in a packing cube. When I get to the hotel, just put the cube in the drawer and unzip it. My stuff is right there, and it doesn't touch the drawer at all.

I use my cubes for this purpose every time we travel. I don't always use them for my other items. :thumbsup2

I think they will. If you pack tightly (roll your clothes, etc....) it will be easier to pack tightly in a small space rather than trying to smoosh down an entire suitcase full of items.

Ok, I just order two full sets of 6 cubes from ebags. With the discount code each set of 6 was $36 including shipping, but I needed two sets ($75 before added discount code) to get the free shipping.

I got a denim set and a grasshopper green set. I may order more at a later date as I think these would be great for my older boys for their backpacking trips......they stuff everything down in there and can't find anything! :rolleyes2 They lost a set of items in there and put the backpack in the attic for storage and we looked for weeks for the items! :(

There are 8 colors and only 5 of us, so if we each have a color coded set we should be good.

Dawn

Do these save space in your suitcase?

I have some, and I use them -- or don't use them -- depending upon my needs:

They're great if you're packing two or more people's gear in one suitcase. Upon arrival, you toss his blue cubes into his drawers, your red cubes into your drawers -- done. No mix-ups.

They're great if you're staying in multiple hotels on your trip. Quick in, quick out.

They're great if your suitcase is searched -- no stranger has to touch your undies.

The small ones are great for packing a kid's complete outfit -- here's everything you need, go change. This is particularly nice for campgrounds, where the bath house is a walk.

Whether they keep your things "nicer" and less wrinkled depends entirely upon how you pack.

However, you will get more into your suitcase if you just pack things in. If you're packing everything together, you can put in your pants/shirts, then shove your socks and swimsuits around the edges. In a cube, however, your underwear-cube takes up just as much space as your shirt-cube. The cubes themselves also will add some small quantity of material and weight -- this would matter for a backpacking trip.

Thanks for posting this thread....it gave me the push that I needed to purchase packing cubes as well! I purchased various sizes of eBags brand packing cubes & 2 shoe sleeves in raspberry.

I first discovered packing cubes on youtube from organizedlikejen & watching her packing videos. I learned about her when researching travel to Walt Disney World....she has some amazing tips. Jen uses packing cubes in her video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HcUTwdDh0w&list=UU1YPvcxMTtdKz5ptonC3HZA&index=4&feature=plcp

Thanks again:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter