Do you use E-cigarettes in the park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

housemouse

Mouseketeer
I've just recently become a convert to these. I'm curious if anyone here is using e-cigs and what's been the reaction to them in the parks? I know for sure the next trip I take I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being able to kick back in the resort room and vape away.:thumbsup2

Just wondering if anyone had any experience using them in the parks?

I've just recently become a convert to these. I'm curious if anyone here is using e-cigs and what's been the reaction to them in the parks? I know for sure the next trip I take I'm going to thoroughly enjoy being able to kick back in the resort room and vape away.:thumbsup2

Just wondering if anyone had any experience using them in the parks?

I would be interested in the reaction to them in the parks as well as you. I read somewhere that the American Association of Public Health Physicians has come out in support of electronic cigarettes. That surprises me but probably doesn't surprise you.

I would guess that since many people don't know anything about electronic cigarettes, the reaction could be the same as I would have. That is, that the person using them would be smoking tobacco. But, it is an interesting topic to explore.

Well I remember the first time I saw one - They are selling them at a kiosk in the local mall. I almost DIED when I THOUGHT I saw someone smoking right in the building. Being a smoker myself and have experience with smoking at Disney, you'll probably get dirty looks whether or not you have an actual cig or an e-cig. Oh well. We all need our vices. :)

Interesting question! As someone who does not smoke cigarettes and does not like the smell of cigarette smoke at all, I have been around someone smoking an electronic cigarette, and I thought it was great that they could enjoy smoking without others having to smell the second hand smoke!

I would have no problem w/ someone using these in the parks since it doesn't give off any cigarette smoke smell at all.....BUT you may have to endure some dirty looks from people who don't really know what it is since it looks a lot like smoking a regular cigarette, and they might think you're breaking the rules by not using a designated smoking area.

What is an e-cig?? :confused3

It's an electronic cigarette filled with a nicotine cartridge. You draw on it like a cigarette and exhale a vapor mist. No tobacco, no combustion, no smoke. It's helping a whole lot of people kick traditional cigarettes and the tar and other nasties in the smoke. I've smoked for over 30 years. I've vaped (the term for using an e-cig) for 8 days. I'll never use a traditional cigarette again. I can't stand the smell of them now. :)

Oh, and biggest of all, No Smell!!!

It's an electronic cigarette filled with a nicotine cartridge. You draw on it like a cigarette and exhale a vapor mist. No tobacco, no combustion, no smoke. It's helping a whole lot of people kick traditional cigarettes and the tar and other nasties in the smoke. I've smoked for over 30 years. I've vaped (the term for using an e-cig) for 8 days. I'll never use a traditional cigarette again. I can't stand the smell of them now. :)

Wow thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

So is this like an aid to help to quit smoking, or just to make it a little 'healthier'? I've never heard of this and think it's quite interesting! Sorry, going a little off topic! :laughing:

Wow thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

So is this like an aid to help to quit smoking, or just to make it a little 'healthier'? I've never heard of this and think it's quite interesting! Sorry, going a little off topic! :laughing:

It appears to be a healthier alternative. You can vape an amazing amount of different flavors. I'm currently using one that tastes like red hot cinnamon candies. You can get the flavors in varying strengths of nicotine. You can even get it without nicotine. And some people have weaned their nicotine mg down to 0mg and just keep it up that level for the whole hand to mouth feel of it.

You may want to read what the FDA warns about e-cigs.

Did you notice all the "mays" in that article? The products used in the juices for the cartridges have been in use for a long time in other products in the US. Asthma inhalers, IV medications,food, cosmetics, lotions, air freshners and fog machines to name a few. There are other articles out there that refute the FDA if you're interested.

I'm wondering if the government is more worried about the tax loss from people not buying cigarettes which have proven health risks?

Ya also gotta wonder if the tobacco industry isn't behind some of the government reports.

At this point in time, I'm keeping my mind open. And my airways to boot.:banana:

Oh - I hope not. Does anyone know what WDW's smoking 'rules' are and if these are included (do the rules exclude only traditional cigarettes or all)? I hope these don't start popping up around the parks. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy they're available for smokers and like that there is a healthier alternative for them, but I personally think they should remain in the smoking areas. While they are healthy-er, they are by no means healthy and honestly I don't want my kids seeing people all over smoking them and thinking it is 'ok' to smoke these even though they know it is against the rules to smoke regular cigarettes (we live in NY and no one can smoke in any restaurant, bar, etc. so they do not currently see it in many places at all and are being taught that it is 'not nice' so that people aren't allowed to do it in front of other people). Honestly I want them to have this same opinion of e-cigs too. I've already heard my 8 year old say (during a TV commercial) that they are 'healthy' cigarettes, which I quickly attempted to correct that way of thinking...of course, the commercials do make it sound so nice...it's hard to compete with that.

Leave the stinky ones at home. I was in a theater with someone "smoking" one of these things once and everyone around her was sniffling and coughing and it was gross. I thought that was pretty much as bad as smoking.

My son used them in May at WDW and only did so in designated smoking areas. I have no idea if he vaped in his room but when he was out, he went to the DSAs.

In my 3 visits there this year, I have not noticed anyone smoking an e-cig while walking in non designated areas.

I'll be bringing mine for an upcoming trip in Dec. While I won't walk around "smoking" it, I would use it discreetly(sp?) I have used mine in nonsmoking bars in WI and most people think its great. There is no smell with them at all. If I'm going to sit in the smoking area I'll smoke a real cig, but if I want one in a nonsmoking area I have no problem pulling this out, plus they are great for a hotel room. I do know that they are banned from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, so I'm sure other places will do the same.

My big wish for e-cigarettes is for them to come in funky colors like lime green or hot pink so no one would mistake them for real cigarettes. It's a simple solution to what can become a hot bed for arguments in public. We had someone use one in a restaurant and a person I was sitting with is allergic to the smoke of real cigarettes. If looks could kill, that smoker would have been dead so be prepared for questions, comments and the potential for daggers to be eyed at you. If you can handle that, there shouldn't be a problem although I do like the suggestion of smoking in only designated areas no matter if you have an e-cigarette. Just less hassle and potential for confrontation.

I'll be bringing mine for an upcoming trip in Dec. While I won't walk around "smoking" it, I would use it discreetly(sp?) I have used mine in nonsmoking bars in WI and most people think its great. There is no smell with them at all. If I'm going to sit in the smoking area I'll smoke a real cig, but if I want one in a nonsmoking area I have no problem pulling this out, plus they are great for a hotel room. I do know that they are banned from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, so I'm sure other places will do the same.

Oh yeah. For sure. Discreet is the way to go with these since the general public isn't very well informed about them. They're still pretty new on the market.

I'm still a little intrigued by attempts to ban them. Mine looks like a big fat pen. In no way does it look like a cigarette.And it doesn't have a glowy light thingy on the end. I can put the "pen" in my mouth, "chew on it" for a sec or two and hold the vapor in longer than normal. Doing that I exhale no vapor at all. And with no smell, or vapor, well no one is going to know it's occurred. That's what I find so intriguing about attempts to ban them. It's still relatively simple to do.

I started vaping 10 days ago. Haven't wanted a real cigarette since the day I began. I use "0" Nictotine/Menthyl flavor. I say the product is a miracle for those of us who want to quit but have a problem with the habit itself. Lots of folks are hooked on the nicotine, but I've always been hooked on the hand, mouth motion. I made that discovery a long time ago when I tried to quit and never got any of the physical withdrawal symptoms everyone always talks about. That's why the patch or gum never worked for me.

Within the first 24 hours I could breathe so much easier. It's a wonderful feeling to not have that poison in my body anymore.

Will I walk around the park vaping? Probably not.. Don't want to freak people out. ;)

BTW: That article from the FDA is a bit dated. The FDA appeared before a judge a couple of weeks ago and they were basically laughed out of court because they had no proof of anything they were claiming. I'm sure there will be appeals until they get the right judge because you know the government can't wait to get their hands on the product so they can tax the heck out of it.

i have never tried this. for those of you who "vape", what brand do you use?

i suppose these are going to sell like hotcakes, lol

esmoke.jpg

i have never tried this. for those of you who "vape", what brand do you use?

i suppose these are going to sell like hotcakes, lol

esmoke.jpg

I don't know, Vaping sounds I don't know a little "dirty" to me. (I have no idea what smiley should go here :) )

I hope they come up with a better word.

This is a very interesting topic to bring up.:thumbsup2 Not long ago my DH and I were talking about the possibility of opening up a small restaurant and this question actually came up. This was my opinion (and I am an ex-smoker). I told him I would NOT allow people to use the e-cigs in my establishment because I didn't want another customer across the room see someone "light up" and either complain about it or light up a real cigarette and say "well, they're smoking!" :headache:

I've not seen one up close, so I don't know how real they look (or not). I have also not seen one being used in any non smoking building in my neck of the woods. Not to say they haven't been, just saying I haven't seen one.:confused: I'm guessing that until these things become more public, I would say that I would only use them in a designated smoking area or in the privacy of my room. It's kind of a catch 22. It would be hard to make them more public if you can only use them in designated areas or in private.:confused3

I'm going to look into these things. Maybe I can get my Mom to switch! Then my Dad would quit complaining!!!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter