Do you turn off the "Sent from my iPhone" sig line

I have to turn it off. I live in Waterloo - home of the Blackberry....mobs with pitchforks will descend if I don't.

I changed mine to read "sent on the go" so that people (especially work people) would know I was writing from a non-office site - and hence without access to 18000 different files and data bits they might otherwise request from me in an immediate reply. It seems to serve that purpose well, but I didn't necessarily want any brand on my sig line there, Apple or otherwise. It doesn't matter to me at all on personal account emails, but I felt a bit sensitive to it on work account emails, given that we're a each-to-his-own kind of organization when it comes to mobile devices.

XO
Liz

Yes, I find it annoying! I cannot help but think well la di da when I receive an email with that signature. I noticed that the droids do it too.

I never even thought about it or knew you could turn it off!
but I think I will leave it, I am not usually at my computer to send emails or the girls have hijacked my computer! I don't mind it on other people's emails either..

I liked it so much that I added "Sent from my Mac" on my home computer. It really helps people see where I've sent the email from. I backspace it out if I feel it is inappropriate it at that time for that message.

My sister's email said "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry".

I am thinking something neutral might be better - "sent from my mobile device".

I'm not sure why it would be thought of as bragging. It's a new form of etiquette. It's important to leave it on so when you are replying to or sending a message it doesn't come off as rude that the message is brief or misspelled.

I agree that this line is helpful. I like people to know that I'm emailing from it in case I am shorter in conversation than usual. I don't think that it is showing off at all, but do think people should feel free to either keep it or leave it depending on their preference.

Snap :thumbsup2

I've changed mine to "sent from my freaking fabulous iphone....nah nah nah nah nah nah".

Ok....I really havent....but I might.:rolleyes1

I've changed mine to "sent from my freaking fabulous iphone....nah nah nah nah nah nah".

Ok....I really havent....but I might.:rolleyes1

Love that! OK, I must admit that I left mine on my brand spankin' new iPad2 just to brag a little bit :cool1::rotfl2:

I hope Yvet doesn't mind me showing it here - this is the message that comes when she emails from her Iphone

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

It looked very funny as the rest of the message was in perfectly worded English.

I have a Blackberry, and I never thought about changing the line. Since I use it to communicate with clients, I guess I think of it as "please overlook any typos since I'm doing this from my phone." Also, it lets them know that I'm not in the office so if they try to call they probably won't get me.

I agree with this line of thought.

As for the typos caused by clumsy fingers and sloppy auto-correct, if you are sending a message to someone who matters via an iPhone, I think it best to take a second to proof read before hitting send.

Do not let a tag line message be an excuse.

As for the typos caused by clumsy fingers and sloppy auto-correct, if you are sending a message to someone who matters via an iPhone, I think it best to take a second to proof read before hitting send.

Do not let a tag line message be an excuse.

But then we wouldn't have any damnyouautocorrect.com fun! :rotfl:

But yes people, proofread your emails.

Many moons ago on the 1st gen iPhone, I sent my grad school professor an email about taking an undergraduate course.

My email was *supposed* to say I was taking a course at a CUNY... Unfortunately the Y and T keys are next to each other...

:scared1:

I didn't notice said typo until I'd already sent the email and immediately had to send a very apologetic email. :headache: He was highly amused.

Yes, I find it annoying! I cannot help but think well la di da when I receive an email with that signature. I noticed that the droids do it too.

For one I'd never own an iphone so I'll never have the sent by iphone problem... My Droid doesn't have the auto sent message, but if it did it would be turned off right away. I cannot stand the signature for any device. I don't care what the device is or how you sent it to me == using a phone is no excuse for bad spelling when it's business. And if you want people to know you are away from the office for a substantial period of time use an Out of the Office reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter