Do you turn off the "Sent from my iPhone" sig line

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
Am I the only one who finds it annoying when people keep that sig line in their e-mails? It is like they are saying, "Nah, nah - I have an iPhone." When the phones were new, it was kind of cool, but now that they are so common, I don't see the point. I turned off that message about a week after I got my phone. And it isn't just iPhones. I just got an e-mail that said, "Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless" and I've gotten other similar messages.

Sorry folks. I don't really care what kind of phone you have, which carrier you are with or how you sent your e-mail.

I took that message off very early after getting an iPhone. I took it off the iPad as well. I didn't see a need for it, other than giving Apple free advertising.

I think for me, it was a way to let me know that my friend was on the road somewhere and not at home, so I should keep my messages to them short. I've never found it to be anything but informative.

I don't have a smartphone myself btw.

I think for me, it was a way to let me know that my friend was on the road somewhere and not at home, so I should keep my messages to them short. I've never found it to be anything but informative.

Yup, agree with this. I don't even know how to turn it off anyway.

I honestly don't even notice it, so it doesn't bother me anymore than a sig on a message board would.

The first thing I did when I got my Ipad was change the sig and removed the Iphone line.

Mine said "sent from my iPod Touch". Drove my friend crazy.
Only last week I found the setting that allows you to change or delete it.
I added to the standard message "please forgive the typos. I really can spell!"
I think soon I will delete all of it.

I have a Blackberry, and I never thought about changing the line. Since I use it to communicate with clients, I guess I think of it as "please overlook any typos since I'm doing this from my phone." Also, it lets them know that I'm not in the office so if they try to call they probably won't get me.

Am I the only one who finds it annoying when people keep that sig line in their e-mails? It is like they are saying, "Nah, nah - I have an iPhone."

Sorry folks. I don't really care what kind of phone you have, which carrier you are with or how you sent your e-mail.
It's not like saying, "Nah, Nah." Having an iPhone is nothing to brag about, for Pete's sake. Why would you even think that????? It is interesting that you would take it that way. The message honestly has nothing to do with you or with bragging.

I don't know how to take it off and kind of like that it is there explaining why I have typos and words that don't belong.

Anyway, you should really send that message to your friends and/or business associates. Tell them that you'd like them to choose a new end line because you don't like the one they have.

We aren't sending you anything.

Thanks, I didn't know I could change the setting. I always had to go back and erase that silly saying.

Since I use it to communicate with clients, I guess I think of it as "please overlook any typos since I'm doing this from my phone." Also, it lets them know that I'm not in the office so if they try to call they probably won't get me.
I like the part about the typos.

As for it meaning I'm not at home or not in the office, that wouldn't be true for me. I use my phone to send emails all the time. If I have a quick message to send, I won't always run to the desktop. I'll just pull out my phone. And yes, I'm typing this post on my phone while sitting in bed watching the news.

I suspect that a lot of people don't know that it can be turned off.

The one thing that I do like about the message is that sometimes it lets me know a friend got an iPhone and I'll talk with them about it, recommend apps, etc.

I leave it in the sig line too. For the same reason a few others have mentioned. Basically, I like that people know I'm responding form the "road". Not to make it sound cool or anything, but rather to eh, ignore my likely typos and other errors common to typing on a teeny device. :)

I agree that this line is helpful. I like people to know that I'm emailing from it in case I am shorter in conversation than usual. I don't think that it is showing off at all, but do think people should feel free to either keep it or leave it depending on their preference.

I didn't even know you can toggle on/off the battery life % indicator until about a week or so ago. :rolleyes:

Having an iPhone is nothing to brag about, for Pete's sake.

I dont brag about my iPhone for Pete's sake, but I did buy the iPhone because Pete has one. :)

To answer the original question.....I like the Sent from my iPhone line.

I turned it off first thing, for the reason that i saw it so much. All of the upper management on my job have been issued an iPhone, and with 45 people in nearly constant contact, it was the sentence i was seeing most in a day from the day of promotion. One by one, we segued into bylines consisting of our name and title, in our standard email style. It falls more into the format of our standard desktop email, anyway.

I dont brag about my iPhone for Pete's sake, but I did buy the iPhone because Pete has one. :)

To answer the original question.....I like the Sent from my iPhone line.

Then did you buy an iPad 2 and hide it from Pete too? :rotfl2:

I leave the "Sent from my iPhone" line in because it does let people know I'm not sitting at home by a computer so it effects my replies.

Then did you buy an iPad 2 and hide it from Pete too? :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

As of right now, I just have one first generation iPad (Wifi Only). Whenever I get a new Apple product, Pete knows that I will come clean about it.

As a UCF graduate, Scott should be setting a better example for us incoming UCF transfer students.

Hiding Apple Products...... :rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Just kidding ya, Scott. Welcome to the craziness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter