do you trick or treat?? well not adults, kids

We do a non-scary Halloween. We decorate with cute things not the gross scary ones. We always go to a church festival (or maybe two). Our town also does a trunk-or-treat which is lots of fun and has a really great turn out.

Us, too. We are "practicing Christians" (not sure how to put that w/o sounding funny) and just do a non-scary Halloween. Well, it can't be completely non-scary because I let them trick or treat in their grandma's neighborhood and there are people who like to do the scary thing. We just talk about how we don't dress in scary things and the scary costumes are not REAL things, etc.

Anyway, we participate in church activities, get costumes (boys are hard to dress non-scary, btw), buy candy, and let them trick or treat in the above safe neighborhood. Their grandparents' neighborhood is mostly older people so it tends to be relatively tame.

We let our boys trick or treat and have never put any thought into the meanings of halloween. Its just harmless fun for us. Dressing up in cute costumes and go around trick or treating. I figure going to church and celebrating Christmas doesn't necessarily make one a christian, so neither does celebrating halloween/trick-or-treating make someone a devil worshipper.

Pagan does not equal devil worshipper. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Pagans are just not a member of any major religion (Christian, Jew, Muslim) and usually worship more than one god.

Most Pagans (and Wiccans, who by virtue of being polytheistic are considered Pagans) don't even believe there is a Satan. He is not part of their pantheon of gods. Wiccans have a god/goddess. No Satan. No hell.

I guess Satanists are considered Pagans, but not all Pagans are Satanists. :) If I choose to worship dog food, it makes me a Pagan, but it does NOT make me a Satanist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter