Do you tip your dog groomer?

marmalade

DIS Veteran
We just rescued our dog back in August, and I have been bathing him myself but now that it is getting colder I made an appointment at a groomer for him tomorrow.

I am 36yrs old and this is my first dog as an adult, so I have no experience with a groomer at all. For a nail trim, grooming and gland cleaning she said it will be $25-$30 for a dog my size (75lb pit mix). I personally think that is pretty inexpensive, so I am not sure if I should tip her or not?

It is a new small business in the area if this makes a difference.

I don"t tip because my groomer charges $60 for a 15 lb dog. She is also the owner and that is plenty without a tip.

I have a groomer that comes to the house in his Scrubby van..lol He is the owner/operator so no, I don't tip. If he were working for someone or a franchise, then I would tip 15-20%.

I tip at least 20% when my cats are groomed. A full groom is $60.00, and I would never consider not tipping.

I go to a small business - my groomer is either the mother or the daughter, I do tip well. I'm charged $45 for my 11lb mini poodle. I always give $55. So over 20%. I do it because it's important to me that he looks good (I'm picky) and its also important to me that they can accommodate my schedule when necessary. Which reminds me - I need to call my groomer and schedule his Christmas appt.

I tip my groomer, and I don't even know how much the basic groom is. We have a relatively large Pomeranian. She gets her under-coat stripped and the outer coat trimmed, along with the usual nails, etc.

The groomer comes to our condo in her van and does the groom in our parking lot. She books the entire year in advance, so we always know our commitment and can schedule our other events around it.

We just increased her payment. We used to give her $75, and now it is $80. She is worth every penny.

I have a cavalier King Charles spaniel and I always tip 20%. He goes for a bath/brush out every 3 weeks and a full groom every 6-8 weeks!

Yes we do!!!!

Ellie goes to local place every 4-5 weeks its 28 for bath, brush, nail, etc ... normally write the check for $35.

Half the time the owner does Ellie and she deserves the $7 tip. for putting up with my almost 80lb hyper dog. Plus they go above and beyond with great service.
She is so good all word of mouth advertising they are booking 6 months in advance

My husband took Ellie last time and didn't know I tip, but asked me that night at dinner. The next day on his way to work he stopped by her place and gave her $10 lol. Groomer is so nice she tried to give me $5 off our next visit lol

I tip 15-20% when one of my cat gets groomed--even if she looks like hell afterward (referring to the cat, but often the groomer looks a little beat up as well). It's $60 for a grooming, even though we pretty much forgo the bath. The goal is a lion cut, but my cat has other ideas.

My dog passed away a few months ago but when he was alive and would get groomed it would be 65.00 (he was a cocker spaniel) and I would give 100.00- so a 35.00 tip.....my dog was DIFFICULT and the groomer took a beating trying to get him bathed and groomed (even when we sedated him!)- we had 2 other groomers prior to her and they just wouldn't deal with him anymore so I made sure to tip good to make it worth her while to deal with him.

My wheaten terrier is a very nervous Nellie, I'm sure he doesn't make things easy for his groomer. But she is gentle and caring with him, so yes, I most definitely tip every time!

My wheaten terrier is a very nervous Nellie, I'm sure he doesn't make things easy for his groomer. But she is gentle and caring with him, so yes, I most definitely tip every time!

Oh I love Wheatens! (And Cavaliers!). If there had been Wheaten pups available at the time we may very well have ended up with one instead!

It depends on the place for me. I've taken my dog to a few different groomers. Most recently, I've been taking him to a lady that does grooming part time on the side. She's the only one and it's her own business, so I don't tip her. When I've taken him to companies that have several employees and groomers on staff, I do tip there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter