Do you tip at BBB?

jenn3456

Mouseketeer
I am getting my tip envelopes together for my trip in 25 days!! My girls are going to BBB and I was wondering if if tip the Fairy Godmother?

Never hurts to tip. $10 sounds about right. Might be tricky since I think (I've never been) that there are multiple CMs helping each child. Should you tip each one $10?

They do accept tips.

I think this is correct...

When we did BBB last year for my daughter and son (knight's package), they told us that the tips all get pooled together and then split between all the different hairdressers (not sure what they are called).

If that helps your decision any...

Dan

They do accept tips.

I think this is correct...

When we did BBB last year for my daughter and son (knight's package), they told us that the tips all get pooled together and then split between all the different hairdressers (not sure what they are called).

If that helps your decision any...

Dan

Not that it really matters, but that's not the impression I got. We handed the money right to the FG. She actually sorta "hovered" after everything was over, which made it seem like she was expecting a tip. Anyway, I didn't have my money ready at that second, so she eventually went away. I asked the checkout lady if I could give it to her and she said "Yes, I'll make sure Gianna gets it." So it seemed like it was going right to her. Who knows.

When we were checking out, I asked about a tip. The cashier handed me a card with our FGMIT's name on it, which my DD dropped into the "wishing well."

Not that it really matters, but that's not the impression I got. We handed the money right to the FG. She actually sorta "hovered" after everything was over, which made it seem like she was expecting a tip. Anyway, I didn't have my money ready at that second, so she eventually went away. I asked the checkout lady if I could give it to her and she said "Yes, I'll make sure Gianna gets it." So it seemed like it was going right to her. Who knows.

When we were checking out, I asked about a tip. The cashier handed me a card with our FGMIT's name on it, which my DD dropped into the "wishing well."

I'm probably wrong then. (My wife was the one paying and giving the tip), but what I stated is what I remember hearing ...and we left the tip at the payment counter.

From both your descriptions, it seems as though it does specifically go to your "FG"

Dan

I'm probably wrong then. (My wife was the one paying and giving the tip), but what I stated is what I remember hearing ...and we left the tip at the payment counter.

From both your descriptions, it seems as though it does specifically go to your "FG"

Dan

You are correct Dan - the money IS pooled together and equally distributed (same as The Pirates League). It's mandated by the union, if a FGiT doesn't put their money in the pool it's a terminable offense. :goodvibes

I tipped DD's FGIT $20 last month. I was going to tip $10 but she was excellent with my little one and felt that deserved a little extra pixie dust even though I knew the tip itself went into a pool.

We had an excellent FGIT and tipped $20 (castle package). We plan to do BBB again in October; as long as the service is good we will plan on $20 again.

You are correct Dan - the money IS pooled together and equally distributed (same as The Pirates League). It's mandated by the union, if a FGiT doesn't put their money in the pool it's a terminable offense. :goodvibes

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. (And sorry Dan! I had no idea!)

I tried to tip our FGiT in January at DTD but she declined... I wonder why?! We filled out a compliment card instead.

Thanks for the clarification Berloiz70. :goodvibes I didn't realize that the Pirates League was the same way. Our oldest daughter got the Mermaid package (very cool) on that same trip.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification. (And sorry Dan! I had no idea!)

No problem at all. :goodvibes:goodvibes I was just repeating was I thought my wife and our good friend mentioned to me while we were there. I really wasn't certain about what I heard.

My one (well, two really) takeaway from BBB:

1) It was well worth the money for my younger daughter. Her hair was beautiful and stayed that way for a couple of days. I even heard people commenting on her hair the next day at AK.

2) Just a suggestion: Do NOT get the Mickey shaped hair gel on the back of your son's head if he gets the "Knight Package". That stuff took SOOOOOO long (hours) to dry and ended up getting smeared on us and the back of his head. :worried::headache: The gel and Mickey confetti on the top of his head was great, but that Mickey shape they put on the back ends up being a mess. The Knight Package is a steal though. WELL worth the money.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter