• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think

snowrella

Mouseketeer
Do you think they will have the new dancing Mickey or 4 princesses and there castles in the toy store at DTD. My daughter keeps saying she wants them and I hate to buy them for Christmas since we are going to Disney the beginning of December and I know she will pick one of them as her special present
THXS:santa:

It is hard to say what will be available at any given time at the stores. I do know that we have found things at one store that the others did not have.

An example is a few years back they had some type of large doll that they sold. The doll had outfits that were sold seperatley. We bought one of the dolls for my niece and each year would get a couple of new outfits for her for Christmas.

Sometimes we would find the outfits at DTD in the World Of Disney, Once they were in the toy store and one time the only place that had them was Mousegears at Epcot.

Sometimes you have to look around and you'll be suprised what you will find.

Dan

couldn't say, but it's not likely. here's why:

*most* of the merchandise sold on property is theme park merchandise. it usually has a gold castle logo on the packaging/tag and has 'disneyland' and 'walt disney world' on it

all of this merchandise is exclusive to the disneyland and walt disney world resort (and disneystore.com).

even if you see a mickey mouse doll in the parks, it's not likely to be the same exact one you'd see at disney store. in fact, disney store has its own distinct line of exclusive products.

there are a few places you may be likely to find non-theme park merchandise, most notably at once upon a toy, but the vast majority of this merchandise is manufactured by Hasbro (who has licenses with Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, amongst others).

Dance Star Mickey is from Fisher-Price which is a subsidiary of Mattel. So it's really not likely you'll find him on site. although it is possible.

That said, he is EXTREMELY popular and many etailers (and even retail stores) have sold out of initial shipments and are already selling him on backorder.

so if anything, I'd just order him from amazon.com or disneystore.com and if you're lucky, you'll have him by early november.

I agree with bradk.The dancing Mickey is going to be one of THE toys for the holidays this year.Buy it if you find it.He has sold out at most stores locally already

If they have it, it may also be alot more expensive - I fully expect things to be marked up there as opposed to at home, but this just annoyed me SO bad last trip: My DS had fallen in love with the remote control WALL-E at the Disney Store about a month before our trip. It was $49.99 and we told him that if he still wanted it, we could look for it at Disney World and he could spend some of his Disney Dollars on it. Our first night at DTD, we found it all right - for $99.99. It was definitely the same one too; we had looked at it enough at home that I knew exactly. No way could I bring myself to pay that or let him pay that, so we ended up splitting the cost of it with him once we got back home. :rolleyes: Like I said, I expect markups, but not doubling in price.

Okay I took your advice and ordered Dance Star Mickey it took me about 4 different web sites to find one in stock, found it at sears. Maybe it will find its way in the luggage to be a suprise there:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter