Do you think we'll have enough cash?

Thanks you all. I appreciate the dose of reality. We are going to add $300 to our spending money for this trip. Hopefully $950 should do it!

I would double it. I went thru over $400 on a 5 night Free Dining stay this past December. When an adult beverage easily costs $12 having a drink or two adds up fast! Plus you may want more snacks that the plan covers, or want to pay out of pocket for an appetizer or two.

We spend more OOP in airport meals and snacks and also in alcohol than I though we would. I went about $200 over budget and I am CHEAP. I think you will be fine as like you said this is just the amount you want to stick to. If you really want to make sure I would pack a small breakfast or meal for whenever you are going to be at the airport. That is what I am planning this next go round. It makes me sick to pay double or triple the cost of airport food when I could have brought it from home.

SDFgirl said:
Thanks you all. I appreciate the dose of reality. We are going to add $300 to our spending money for this trip. Hopefully $950 should do it!

This is what we typically spend and our trip tends to be similar to what you have mentioned as far as spending. I think you will be fine with that budget. You could always spend more but you don't have too...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You are correct in that the tip is included with your CRT meal. I have always calculated out our DDP tips before we leave and I find that it winds up with breakfast tips about $15, lunch tips about $20 and dinner about $25. That is without alcohol purchased. So if all your meals are dinner, except for the one OOP breakfast, you're still looking at about $125+ in tips, plus the alcohol and tip.

I think your original $650 would probably go a long way - if you're now planning to take $950, you should come home with at least a couple of hundred.

We take about $400-500 cash with us for a weeklong trip, but charge souvenirs to our room and that goes on my Disney Visa. We usually come home with some cash.

I think it is def doable. If that is how much you want to spend stick to it. I would reduce the alcohol a little bit. For example, do you need to drink every day? If you only drink every other day that will save you $100 right there. I think that tips will probably run closer to $150 rather than $100. If your dds have birthdays/other holidays coming up ask for Disney Dollars from your family/birthday guests. If you have a Disney credit card, you can earn Disney dollars on it for every dollar that you spend.
I don't plan on spending more than a couple of hundred outside of food but we are not big souvenir people so I am saying yes, stick to your budget-everything else is paid for so you should have a great time even sticking to a budget.

I think you've gotten lots of great advice/input, but I'll just add what I do to "cushion" the budget if you will.

I just specify a certain amount of money (usually $20 or $25) per day as "miscellaneous" - this might cover something like a photo package at a meal (won't apply to any of yours, but just as an example) or an unexpected "must have" snack or souvenir. So, if your trip were my trip, I'd add a cushion of $175. Whatever doesn't get spent one day just rolls over and if I bring it home, awesome, and if not, at least I planned a bit for unexpected costs.

I think if I started with $650 as my "base" and added my cushion, I'd feel pretty good about it. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

I think it is def doable. If that is how much you want to spend stick to it. I would reduce the alcohol a little bit. For example, do you need to drink every day? If you only drink every other day that will save you $100 right there. I think that tips will probably run closer to $150 rather than $100. If your dds have birthdays/other holidays coming up ask for Disney Dollars from your family/birthday guests. If you have a Disney credit card, you can earn Disney dollars on it for every dollar that you spend.
I don't plan on spending more than a couple of hundred outside of food but we are not big souvenir people so I am saying yes, stick to your budget-everything else is paid for so you should have a great time even sticking to a budget.

No, we don't need to drink every day. I just averaged it out - some days we'll have 1 or zero drinks, some days 3 or 4. I don't think we'll actually drink as much as I'm allowing in the budget...but I like to over-budget so I'll be prepared. With 3 kids, I definitely don't have the energy to go as strong as I used to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter