• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think we will need a jacket at MNSSHP in the middle of October ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We will be staying until around 11:00 or 11:30. Do you think we will need to take jackets ? We have never been to DW in the middle of October and didnt know if the nights are chilly like here at home or not.
We will be dressing up in costume and was thinking of bringing something to match our costumes ?

I'm going in October too and my plan is to look at the weather for that week ahead of time. Apparently it can be crazy hot well into November. For me if the lows for that week dip below 70 we will take a jacket.

Lows can get into the 60-70s, so it depends on your tolerance and the weather report.

For DH and our kids, they'll need something at those temps. I'm fine until the 50s, but I run hot!

my son and I went a couple of years ago and it was so hot we could not wear our mouse costumes. Even at night. It was literally 80 degrees at 11:00 pm

You never know. My husband attended a conference several years in a row, right in the middle of October. It was hot before he left and hot when he got back, but chilly when he was gone. I think I'd pack a little something.

:)

We will be staying until around 11:00 or 11:30. Do you think we will need to take jackets ? We have never been to DW in the middle of October and didnt know if the nights are chilly like here at home or not.
We will be dressing up in costume and was thinking of bringing something to match our costumes ?

We went mid-October last year and it was still pretty hot even when we walked back to CR after midnight. Unless there's a SERIOUS cold spell, I doubt you'd need a jacket.

We've been many times in October and to the party. We've had 90's and we've had 50's, you just never know with that time of year. We had to buy hoodies and gloves once, so I would take a jacket just to be on the safe side.
Have a great time!

Something would have to change drastically in the next two weeks. Unless you are coming from a warm climate. Typically right now we are still close to 80 by 11:00.

Of course I get chilly at 79 now - but I'd say coming from Ohio - you should be fine without it.

Hey I see you are from OHIO..so are we and we were at MNSSHP last October around the 22nd and my DD had Jasmine outfit on and we never got a bit chilly. I think maybe around 11pm she did just a wee bit. For us in the Buckeye State - the 60's is balmy! :)

We went to MNSSHP in mid October last year. I can't remember the date, but I believe it was third week of October. It was unseasonably cold the night of MNSSHP. We had to buy jackets. I would be prepared just in case.

You never know. My husband attended a conference several years in a row, right in the middle of October. It was hot before he left and hot when he got back, but chilly when he was gone. I think I'd pack a little something.

:)

Sounds just like my DH. He was there for a conference around the middle of October as well. It was hot, then afterwards, it started to cool down.

The last time the conference was at Disney was 2006. He went and then we followed at the end of his conference for our Disney vacation. The temps he had during the conference was summer weather. By the time DS (then 4) and I met him down there it wasn't as hot. But it was still warm enough for shorts.

The morning temps were a bit chilly where you could see your breath, but it quickly warmed up. I dressed in shorts and wore my sweatshirt.

The evening temps were also a bit cool. We just brought sweatshirts and jeans in our back packs so we had something to change into for the evening.

Hey I see you are from OHIO..so are we and we were at MNSSHP last October around the 22nd and my DD had Jasmine outfit on and we never got a bit chilly. I think maybe around 11pm she did just a wee bit. For us in the Buckeye State - the 60's is balmy! :)

Yes Ohio weather right now is a bit chilly at night but I can deal with the 60's :rotfl: Thats kind of warm for us.

We'll be at MNSSHP Oct 8 & 11. I'm bringing light jackets or ling sleeve tees for all of us, just in case. Even if it's not that cool, if it's dark, rainy, and windy, it can feel colder than it is. If we don't need them, no big deal.

We've been to three parties in October and it's always been warm (sometimes overly so). Actually, last year my son got so sluggish and tired that he said he wanted to go back to the hotel (very odd for him - he could go until 3:00 a.m. at the parties if they would let him). We stripped off his long-sleeve costume and he was good to go for the remaining two hours.

This year we're doing two parties and our costumes consist of t-shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter