Do you think they will offer any "special" discounts on annual passes?

I was responding to your comment "are people balking at the price?". I say no, their discount packages aren't as good as they used to be and yet they still keep coming. They make people think they are getting a great deal (like the above who thought Play Stay Dine was free dining) when the reality is they are taking in more than ever.

If 5% balk at the price...or reduce by two days for potterville...then it's a gigantic hole in the levee

If 5% balk at the price...or reduce by two days for potterville...then it's a gigantic hole in the levee
I don't know about that. I think they would prefer to lose the 5% and have the other 95% pay more. That's been the business plan in California for awhile with the huge increases in annual pass prices. Have some people not go because of it, reduce the crowds for those who do and better their experience, and their bottom line is better.

I don't know about that. I think they would prefer to lose the 5% and have the other 95% pay more. That's been the business plan in California for awhile with the huge increases in annual pass prices. Have some people not go because of it, reduce the crowds for those who do and better their experience, and their bottom line is better.

Behind the curtain...nothing is more important Than loss of share in Orlando...

Kinda a different scenario in anaheim

I wish they would also allow us to purchase the Florida resident silver package instead of only the Gold one. That one would work better for us. We are going in April and I have been holding off purchasing my AP in case they do release some sort of AP deal or a $199 4 day pass like last year (DH only needs a 4 day ticket).

Been a DVC member for 10 years now and have over 20 trips to WDW. We have become disgruntled with the crowds, especially the huge crowds of foreign visitors which can often be disruptive in the parks, buses and hotels as well as the closing of major parts of HS and the very slow addition of new attractions in the parks. Last December we banked our points and are going to Aulani again this spring for the 2nd time. Last December we paid for a discounted room at POFQ and had a nice time, but vowed to not go back until more attractions are added. So, to get our Disney fix we went for the very first time to DL/DCA last month. What a breath of fresh air!!!! We loved it. Better attractions, nice people, Christmas overlays at attractions/rides, cheap hotels right across the street, better counter service, better weather, fewer crowds, etc. What more could we ask? For now, our only plans will be to fly from the east to California (not much more than flying to Florida) and beyond. We are so done with WDW right now that the ticket increases just sealed the deal.

On another note, we live close to the Canadian border and I know a lot of Canadians are not traveling to the US because of their very poor exchange rate now. I am sure the strong US dollar could also affect European travelers to the US. This could be what is happening to the hotel bookings.

Been a DVC member for 10 years now and have over 20 trips to WDW. We have become disgruntled with the crowds, especially the huge crowds of foreign visitors which can often be disruptive in the parks, buses and hotels as well as the closing of major parts of HS and the very slow addition of new attractions in the parks. Last December we banked our points and are going to Aulani again this spring for the 2nd time. Last December we paid for a discounted room at POFQ and had a nice time, but vowed to not go back until more attractions are added. So, to get our Disney fix we went for the very first time to DL/DCA last month. What a breath of fresh air!!!! We loved it. Better attractions, nice people, Christmas overlays at attractions/rides, cheap hotels right across the street, better counter service, better weather, fewer crowds, etc. What more could we ask? For now, our only plans will be to fly from the east to California (not much more than flying to Florida) and beyond. We are so done with WDW right now that the ticket increases just sealed the deal.

On another note, we live close to the Canadian border and I know a lot of Canadians are not traveling to the US because of their very poor exchange rate now. I am sure the strong US dollar could also affect European travelers to the US. This could be what is happening to the hotel bookings.

I think a lot of people dismiss DL because of 2 parks vs 4 at WDW but it's a gem! I was there in August. I've been going to both WDW and DL for about 9 years and ticket prices at DL have really gone up too, even more than WDW. I always got the Deluxe AP (with many blackout dates) and used it for 2 trips, it used to be in the $300 range. Now $599 (no DVC discount). The annual pass with no blackouts is $1,029 for members ($20 discount). The pass with blackouts around Christmas is $829 for members ($20 discount).

I think a lot of people dismiss DL because of 2 parks vs 4 at WDW but it's a gem! I was there in August. I've been going to both WDW and DL for about 9 years and ticket prices at DL have really gone up too, even more than WDW. I always got the Deluxe AP (with many blackout dates) and used it for 2 trips, it used to be in the $300 range. Now $599 (no DVC discount). The annual pass with no blackouts is $1,029 for members ($20 discount). The pass with blackouts around Christmas is $829 for members ($20 discount).

I think what you're looking for is: "thank you, mother...may I have another?"

Not interested in an AP right now at either coast. We had 5 day PH ticket for DL and thought at $295/each they were a good deal. Since we think we are on a 2 year plan, we think that this type of ticket for DL/DCA will be good for us. Not interested in going back until the Star Wars addition is completed. Sad that they are going to shorten the River of America to add it, though.

How about they stop offering free dining every quarter that jams all the parks. We are going in mid-January staying DVC, which used to be a slow period, and every hotel is booked and it is because of the free dining being offered. If they really want to limit attendance stop offering so many deals on the resorts. People are going to come when you can spend $2500 for three people for 7 days and that includes Art of Animation hotel, an upgrade to regular dining plan and your tickets. My daughter just booked this with her friends. Raising the price of annual passes penalizes the best customers and offering deals benefits the one time customer and overfills the parks.

I'm not sure why you would think that Disney would want to limit attendance at the World?

I'm not sure why you would think that Disney would want to limit attendance at the World?

The MK last night was nuts, never seen so many people, lines everywhere, WDW CM's were directing and moving people like herds of cattle. I agree, Disney doesn't want to limit attendance, they want every day to be like yesterday.

The MK last night was nuts, never seen so many people, lines everywhere, WDW CM's were directing and moving people like herds of cattle. I agree, Disney doesn't want to limit attendance, they want every day to be like yesterday.
Was at Disneyland this past Friday and Saturday. Friday was nice, not too crowded. Saturday was pretty miserable, but they were doing a great job funneling traffic..lots of one way sections...

Bob Iger did get to cut to the front of the 50 minute wait line of Star Tours. Didn't see who else was with him..

I think longest wait I saw was 120 minutes for Hyperspace Mountain as well as Radiator Springs Racers. We just went into both parks early, got fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers, Hyperspace Mountain and Star Tours,for the 3-5 time frame. Went and did other stuff, went shopping, took a nap, and came back. Did our rides and left that zoo. BTW, fast passes for Buzz Lightyear are unhooked from main system.. you can get any fastpass, i.e. Star Tours, and get one for Buzz immediately. Sweet.

Didn't even try to go in Sunday as there were events for Dick van Dycke's birthday. Just hung at VGC...

Mousewait index was at 91 on Saturday. Don't think I've been there in a while with it that high..

So DL can get crowded as well..

For those who want to know about ticket discounts I have some info for you.

If you buy 4 days you get a fifth day free. (actually anything above 4 days you get an extra day)
If you purchase the park hopper you get water parks for free.

If you buy 4 days you get a fifth day free. (actually anything above 4 days you get an extra day)
Are you talking about some special unannounced DVC discounts, or are these just the regular, seasonal promotions? I see the 4-for-3 and 7-for-4 deals on some third party sites, but nothing specific to DVC yet.

Are you talking about some special unannounced DVC discounts, or are these just the regular, seasonal promotions? I see the 4-for-3 and 7-for-4 deals on some third party sites, but nothing specific to DVC yet.

This is a DVC discount. I don't know much more than that. I don't know when it starts or ends.

Sounds good but it's not much. A fifth day on a MYW is about $10. Adding water parks to a park hopper is about $27.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disney-world-magic-your-way-ticket-price-chart/

I agree. I'm thinking about dumping my dvc when youngest is 12. Unfortunately that's in 10yrs!

Why 12? Adult prices start at 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter