• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think it matters if bouquet toss looks nothing like real bouquet?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
I'm thinking of getting a cheapy bouquet online to do the bouquet toss with, so I can keep my Disney bouquet, but I'm not finding anything that looks remotely the same as I expect my bridal bouquet to be.
Do you think this matters if I get something completely different just for the purpose of chucking or will people think it odd??

I'm probably wrong, but I actually think it's pretty normal!

I know that lots of brides use something different for the toss and I have seen some that look completely different. I'm not sure if there's any "meaning" behind it or if they just got something to have something to throw.

I wouldn't worry about it too much!

i'm not tossing one either so i'm not sure. If its for your at home reception why dont you see if a uk florist could recreate a little one the same

I'm being tight and wanting to spend as little as possible on it, as I only really want it for the purpose of being able to do the bouquet/garter toss, to add a bit of an americanism to our at home reception.

The trouble is, even if I find one in a similar colour, because I'm being so cheap it'll be blatantly obvious it's not the same bouquet.

Maybe I could throw the real one and then ask for it back! :lmao:

Meryll,
My toss bouquet from my wedding was in the same colors as my actual bouquet, but it was not even close to an exact replica. My bouquet was a cascade and my toss was a simple round with similar flowers and colors.

I don't think anyone will think anything about it. As a matter of fact, I can't remember seeing an exact duplicate at any wedding I've been to. :goodvibes

The online place that Carrie ordered her "photoshoot" bouquet from was more than reasonable.

OOPS! Sorry, I missed that you wanted it for your at-home reception. Ignore the rest! :)

Disney Floral is making a small version of my bouquet for tossing for $35. I would double check with them first to see how much it would cost to replicate a tossing bouquet. My real bouquet is $270, but I'm sure if it were more expensive the tossing bouquet would be more expensive. I never really asked for one, but they said they do it all the time, and it showed up on my Floral order for the wedding. :thumbsup2

i might ask for one as well in silk for my at home reception
I might enquire about this too now!

Thanks for mentioning this Briarprincess, if I can bring a small silk replica home that might be the best way to go, we're asking for all our other floral in silk anyway so it can all be reused at home, but I still don't want to part with my main bouquet :lovestruc

No it does not have to be exactly like your bouquet......A throw away bouquet is just a bouquet smaller than a BM with a few flowers.

This was my throw away bouquet and it was only 25 dollars lol. This was for our at home reception..I just told them to use pink roses and whatever they think...so just keep it in the same color scheme if you want it to be similar to your bouquet.
21-vi.jpg

No it does not have to be exactly like your bouquet......A throw away bouquet is just a bouquet smaller than a BM with a few flowers.

This was my throw away bouquet and it was only 25 dollars lol. This was for our at home reception..I just told them to use pink roses and whatever they think...so just keep it in the same color scheme if you want it to be similar to your bouquet.
21-vi.jpg
Was this silk or real Lynn?

I didn't toss my Disney bouquet - crikey it weighed a ton and could have knocked someone out! I had an artificial one that I tossed just because you have to right? There were only three girls at my wedding and one of them was my mum so it was just for a funny picture.

ETA I just found the photo - as you can see I'm holding my bouquet but the one I tossed is the one my bridesmaid is catching

Ryan_ours053.jpg

When I got married, my bouquet was all white daisies. It was large and heavy, but I didn't want to throw that (I had other plans for my bouquet). My throw bouquet was about 9 roses white and lilac. My grandmother passed away 2 years prior to my wedding but when she first met my DH(then DBF) she said this was the man I was going to marry. To keep her spirit a part of my wedding I took my bouquet to the cemetery on the way to the airport for our Disneymoon.

Disney floral does them for $35, so mine was about a 10th of what my actually bouquet cost and it looked really cute.
Here's a pic after it was caught
KL13655-23-08.jpg

Here's a pic of my bouquet
KL16925-23-08.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter