Do you think Hulk be open for our June 1-8 trip?

goNsoon2WDW

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about going to Orlando June 1-8 of this coming year... WDW for the first 5 days and then 3 days at USO. We are concerned because the hulk ride is, well, it's gone. My son (14) has been looking forward to this ride for the past number of years. I heard the projected re-opening date is "summer" ... is there any possibility that it might be back open by this point? I have no idea how long it takes to build a roller coaster.

Also, I would love any input and thoughts from anyone gone in early June.
  • Are the crowds full summer crowds?
  • What are wait times like for the popular rides?
TIA

We are thinking about going to Orlando June 1-8 of this coming year... WDW for the first 5 days and then 3 days at USO. We are concerned because the hulk ride is, well, it's gone. My son (14) has been looking forward to this ride for the past number of years. I heard the projected re-opening date is "summer" ... is there any possibility that it might be back open by this point? I have no idea how long it takes to build a roller coaster.

Also, I would love any input and thoughts from anyone gone in early June.
  • Are the crowds full summer crowds?
  • What are wait times like for the popular rides?
TIA

They are doing a lot more than just rebuilding the coaster but I think it is projected to open before summer. It will just be a matter of luck for you.

No idea about Hulk.

As for crowds, no it would not be full summer crowds. The northeast schools aren't out yet. The two GA counties near me get out in mid-May. Most of SC starts the 3rd Monday of August, so I'd expect they get out around the same time. This year, my county in SC gets out June 2nd - making June 3rd the first day parents could easily start their trips. But, it being a Friday, I'd expect most to wait until 6/4 for the drive down day, with the park impact starting 6/5. Orlando gets out June 8th. There are some FL counties out earlier.

We are there 28-4th June. Touring plans predicts 4 or 5/10 busy.

We were there 14th - 23rd October. Crowds were 3/10. We found it very manageable with no express pass just early entry.

So whilst busier I'm hoping it will still be ok.

Touring Plans has the Hulk projected to reopen June 2nd. But I'm sure that's just an estimate.

I'm so out of the loop. What happened to the Hulk?

It's getting a total refurb.......track is removed and more or less everything is being replaced........

Will still be themed as the same ride but hopefully not the bone rattler it has turned into last few years......

Snoopboop posted a picture on the picture of the day thread at the top of the forum........shows the track removed with the launch standing alone. Weird.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/universal-and-or-ioa-picture-of-the-day-2.2964853/page-41

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter