• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think Disney should build more thrill rides?

More thrill Rides

• Yes

• No

• No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tigger113

DIS Veteran
Ok! I was thinking that WDW should build a few more thrill rides. I love fast rides so I would be happy with more~
What do you think?

I don't care so much if it is a thrill ride, as long as it has a good story behind it and theming. (Like ToT)

I can ride a thrill ride anywhere. I prefer the storyline and attention to detail from the line up through the ride. That is what Disney does best.

Although another thrill ride would be nice, I'll be in the minority and say I would like to see something a little more tame. People like rides like Pirates and the Haunted Mansion, and while they are far from thrill rides, they are entertaining. I love the Mountain rides, Test Track, RNRC, and look forward to riding EE in September, but I think WDW could do a great job of giving guests a new ride that is friendly to everyone, and does not need a height requirement for safety reasons.

I would love another thrill ride but I think it would be just as great to have another family ride. Hey - just another excuse to go back!!! :cool1:

Luv2Roam said:
I don't care so much if it is a thrill ride, as long as it has a good story behind it and theming. (Like ToT)

same here.. they can build as much thrill rides as they want to as long as they put more kiddie rides that has stories behind them. This way it won't be like IOA where most rides are for older teens and adults.

Anyone can build a Hulk type ride. But it is a special company who builds something like ToT. :thumbsup2

We live about an hour and a half from Cedar Point and about 2 hours from Kings Island. If we want thrill rides we'll go there. Disney isn't about thrill rides, although we enjoy EE, RNRC, Space, etc, but it's the all the things the imagineers put into the rides that do it for us. And the shows and the entertainment and the food and the characters....ok, you get the point.

Someone mentioned that they could ride a thrill ride anywhere. This is very true. But the fact of the matter is, even though WDW has increased the amount of thrill rides that they have had in the past, they are still considered a "kiddie" park. If they keep adding the thrill ride aspect, WDW will be able to continue to take patrons from the other parks.

Now as far as my feelings go, I love the thrill rides but I am a Disney purist and really can say that the only thing that I can't stand there is Stitch. But I did vote for more thrill rides.

Bring on more rides. More thrill rides, more kiddie rides, the more rides the shorter the lines and if not just another reason to go back. :cool1:

I think they should concentrate on more imaginative rides and forget trying to outdo the extreme stuff. But then again, I can't ride any of there extreme stuff so when they come out with something new, that's just yet another ride I won't be experiencing. I do think that they should take note of how popular the "less intense" Mission Space option has become - it seems like most people just want to have some fun, not be put through an endurance test.

While Disney doesn't NEED the thrill rides, it would be nice for them to build more if only to offer them to those fans that really like them. I love the huge coasters, as do many people. I just think it would help them compete with Universal a little more.

But like I said, Disney is Disney. And they don't necessarily have to have them.

bbangel said:
I can ride a thrill ride anywhere. I prefer the storyline and attention to detail from the line up through the ride. That is what Disney does best.

well said

I get more excited riding things like Carousel of Progress, than I would riding Tower of Terror. Thrill rides are nice, but I'm with the majority that thinks storyline and theming are essential to a great ride. :thumbsup2

I'd like to see more thrill rides, dark rides, themes, restaurants, resorts, etc...

I like to visit a World that's on the grow, not living the status-quo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter