• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think death is like the end of The Sopranos

I believe death is like the moment one falls asleep. At that point the conscious awareness drifts to nothingness. There are no dreams or thoughts and all is calm. No worries about family, friends, world events and even better, no more taxes.

Sounds like your friend has lived a fulfilling, loving life. He must take great comfort in having such wonderful friends such as you. Enjoy the memories you've shared and the memories you will reminisce. Here's to a very brave man, facing the uncertainty. :beer:

edit: What I believe is far too complicated to type here, so I will just say, I think your life just ceases along with your consciousness.

He decided to take up smoking again, but nearly passed out this morning. He feels this is the start of the end. I think it would be far better for him to be found in a compromising position. :lmao:

He decided to take up smoking again, but nearly passed out this morning. He feels this is the start of the end. I think it would be far better for him to be found in a compromising position. :lmao:

One for the road huh ;) sounds like with all of you having such a wonderful sense of humor that you're a tight knit group..something rare to be treasured in these times...I keep thinking of the movie what's it called 4 weddings & a funeral...4 friends & a funeral? can't remember but you know what I mean

Just have Peace & fun along the way always helps
Ruthie

There was an old Carlin bit about getting a two minute warning before you die. I told him to spin the best yarn he has ever told and time it just right so he can say "And If I am lying, may God strike me dead!"

Commands so much respect for the rest of the survivor's days.

There was an old Carlin bit about getting a two minute warning before you die. I told him to spin the best yarn he has ever told and time it just right so he can say "And If I am lying, may God strike me dead!"

Commands so much respect for the rest of the survivor's days.

:rotfl2: that's the spirit!

If you want to watch something funny along the lines of 4 weddings and a funeral, search YouTube for Graham Chapman Eulogy.

We went over and took Mug shots of my friend yesterday. The normal cell counts continue to drop as the Lukemia sells are rising.

He had more paper work to fill out a majority of the death benefits come from his union. He commented again how rich his wife was going to become upon his demise. We joked about faking his death so he could share in her bounty.

His biggest fear is a heart attack so he has been pumping up the potassium, but he knows the pain will be over pretty quickly.

I truly appreciate the fact that you all have such a great sense of humor in such a trying situation. I took care of my Grandma for 5 years while she had Alzheimer's. Some people balked at my jokes, sarcasm, and quote of the day. Sorry, people with dementia say funny things...well, when they aren't telling you to go to hell. LOL!! I told them to walk just 1 hour in my shoes and choose: despair or humor? Which is better/more productive/sanity saving?

As to your question: I don't agree. Two of the many reasons are:

1) I was in a VERY bad car accident, when I was 17. One of my few memories of that day is actually viewing the accident scene from above. Just observing & waiting. Just like the movies. LOL!!

2) Without going into great detail. While taking care of my Grandma, she had a stroke (12/03). We thought it was the end. Then, one morning, my Mom, DH, and I had a very intense "encounter" with my Great Grandmother (passed in 1978). She let us know that it was not the end and thanked us for taking care of her daughter etc... My G'ma recovered from the stroke and lived for 2 more loooong years.

Hugs to you, your friend and his family! Just for fun...why not come up with some sort of bizarre sign he could give you, after he passes, to let you know he's OK. If nothing ever happens, your belief is confirmed. If it does....... Can't hurt, right? Just in case....:littleangel:

No, I believe because of Jesus Christ I'll be saved from death and spend eternity in heaven with him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter