Do you think Crystal Palace is good for...

Drew*smom

Earning My Ears
a 5 year old boys b-day celebration?? If not, any recommendations for either Magic Kingdom, Epcot or Animal Kingdom? Thanks!!

BTW, we are going in late Feb.

Bottom lIne does he like Pooh? It was awesome for our dd's 5th birthday but she was a huge Pooh fan. She insists that we eat there each time we go still! We have also loved the Character meals at Tusker House in AK and Garden Grill at Epcot. The Princess meals are nice also but i figure your ds would not be so into them.

Well, it's going to depend on the little boy. I have 4 boys and I have to say each has outgrown Pooh and friends by the time they were 4 years old. Well, the youngest is a baby, so I guess I can't speak for him yet. I wouldn't recommend it.

I just asked my 4 year old and my 6 year old, they both said Chef Mickey's. Not a park meal, but only a 5 minute walk from MK. If you must do a park meal, you should be OK with Garden Grill (dinner) at Epcot. You could do Tusker House in Animal Kingdom, but to have characters, you'd have to do breakfast. Rainforest Cafe (AK) can be kind of cool for birthdays, but no characters.

I agree, depends on the child. My DS 5 loves Crystal Palace and Pooh. Even my DD12 enjoys Crystal Palace. I'm not saying she would go there with her 12 yr old friends, or even admit to them that she likes it, but to me that's the fun of WDW- no pressure to be cool and sophisticated!

Depends on the kid....but I would think by 5 most kids have outgrown Pooh. DS3 (will be 4 in March) said on our last trip that Pooh is for babies.

I would suggest Chef Mickeys or Tusker House breakfast.

I agree it depends on the kid. My DD really didn't have much interest in Pooh by the time she was 5, but we went to CP for a breakfast anyway and she loved it. She's asked to go there again when we go back.

I agree Chef Mickey's or Tusker House would be great options. As someone mentioned, it's only a 5 minute or so walk from the MK to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's, or you can jump on the monorail if you really don't feel like walking.

I think CP is a great meal. My DS has always enjoyed it he went there at 4 & 7.
Kae

Just thought, though not a character meal T-Rex is an awesome place for a 5 year old too!

my boys are older and they love the Crystal Palace (it was my 9yo's choice of restaurant for this year) but they are HUGE tigger fans and that helps.

My nephew was 6 on his first trip and we had breakfast at CP. He absolutely loved it. He is not a big fan of any characters (he likes wrestling) but you wouldn't have known it that day.

We will be there on Feb. 19th celebrating DD's 7th birthday!
I think it is a great choice as long as he likes the characters. It is actually one of DS10's favorite restaurants on property because he thinks the buffet has great choices. While his favority character is Donald Duck, he loves CP. :goodvibes

We celebrated my sons 5th birthday there last fall...he LOVED it!! Pooh was not so much the attraction to him as Tigger was. he and Tigger had a great time together playing during the photo op and as we left Tigger made it a point to come to him for more pictures near the entrance where the topiaries are. It was great and I am sure we will do it again. Kids of all ages like Tigger...even Dads!:thumbsup2

We actually celebrated my son's 3rd birthday at Crystal Palace last year. We preordered a cake and we had friends with us to celebrate. He thought that the parade was just for him it was so cute. If your child likes Pooh and friends I say yes. We had three character meals last year, (Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, & HollyWood and Vine) and this was by far the best interaction we had. Piglet was wonderful! We did not care for the food (dinner), but it was worth all the smiles on my child's face.

We celebrated our DS5 birthday over Halloween in DW. He loved Chef Mickeys and Garden Grill. His biggest thrill: picking out something in the Lego store at downtown disney. Mickey and Donald left him a gift card and small gift at the hotel lobby on the day of his birthday. It was a huge hit and he thanked Mickey every time he saw him during our trip.

Thank you all for the great replies...they were very helpful. My DS is over Pooh at this age (he loved them at 3) however I know he'll still get a big kick out of seeing Pooh, Tiger and friends.

We LOVE Garden Grill hand eat there almost every trip! We've also done Chef Mickey's for breakfast...lots of fun!

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter