• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think being left-handed is a lifestyle choice?

I'm OK with it as long as they don't try to shake hands with me. :)

gppnj said:
I'm OK with it as long as they don't try to shake hands with me. :)
:rotfl2:

SunFloridaDisney said:
We were having dinner at WDW and I noticed people actually staring when he would bump into my right arm with his left arm as he was eating.

Why must those people always flaunt their handedness? I don't care what goes on in his kitchen at home, but in public he should have the decency to eat with his right hand.

T&KHayes said:
I couldn't even imagine what you lefties have to go through! But I am a big supporter. Guess you could call me a "CRHP".

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Kim is officially my favourite CRHP!

What I can't abide are all the left handed cartoon characters. I mean what consenting, adult hands do in the privacy of their own mittens is one thing, but do they have to recruit our kids? (Alright, I don't have kids, I have a parrot, and he doesn't even have hands - but that's not the point!)

I'm proud to be a CRHP!!!

(talk about acronyms turning into words...i keep wanting to type CHRP)

Thanks all for the Friday morning thoughtful funnies!! My mother was left-handed (and very artistic as well) but was raised in an era where people were forced to be right-handed. So she writes with her left hand but uses her right-hand for things like can openers, scissors.

So is my mother really ambidexterous??

DisneyDotty said:
Hey now--don't associate my leftiness with the right! :rotfl:

Oh no! I didn't mean to turn this into a political debate!! ;) :rotfl2:

This thread is too funny! I'm a 30 year old leftie who's kindergarten teacher refused to help learn to write or allow leftie sissors in her classroom. So my leftie mommy had to teach me to write at home. The only thing I can do with my right hand is use sissors. I joke to people that I'm terminally left handed, meaning I would die with out my left hand.
I played softball as a youth (oooh I fullfill another lesbo stereotype, first the cats now the softball!) and I was the secret weapon because when I batted I hit line drives into right field. I was lucky enough to inherit a fabulous leftie mitt from a family member, because another girl in our league who was leftie couldn't find one in the stores so she had to order one from Nike special. I don't think my mom would have gone for having to order mine.

I had to admit I was wondering if the poster was :stir: or :rotfl2: , but its got to be :lmao: . Thanks I needed that, btw I am a leftie as well, my school teachers kept turning my paper to what they considered proper but I put it back after so none of that weird pen holding for me. My sister and her other half are both right handed and they have 3 12 year olds 2 girls and a boy. One girl and the boy are lefties as well!!!!! I have infected them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :rotfl2: :woohoo: :bounce: :rotfl: :yay:

PaulaSB12 said:
I had to admit I was wondering if the poster was :stir: or :rotfl2: , but its got to be :lmao: .
You are correct on all counts. It's intended as satire. Welcome to the fray!

PaulaSB12 said:
My sister and her other half are both right handed and they have 3 12 year olds 2 girls and a boy. One girl and the boy are lefties as well!!!!! I have infected them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many kids have a "funny uncle," or in this case aunt.

My daughter is a leftie. No one else in the family is. :confused3

Although both my father and I can write with our left hand fairly well. He's... I hesitate to admit this, but.. I'd go so far as to say he's ambidextrous. And well, I have definately left handed leanings. It just feels so natural sometimes. But its not something we talk about publicly. ;)

I am a CSP and a CRHP who grew up with the shame (YES, the SHAME) of a left handed father. How did I ever dodge that bullet, we just don't know. :lmao:

It seems to have skipped a generation though, but only by half. My DS is a righty, but plays baseball as a lefty.

I too have acquaintances who are lefty. I can accept them as people, but I do not have to accept their lifestyle. Everyone on this thread talks about respect, we also have to RESPECT opinions of people who dont acknowledge this lifestyle. There are may reasons for not accepting left handedness, religious as well as physiological. It is a fact of life that the procreation of the human race can only be accomplished by a man and a woman, until this can be done naturally by two lefties, do not try to convince people otherwise.
If everyone was lefty eventually there would be no human race.
This is not meant to be hurtful or offensive, but this is this truth.
Deep down we all know this or we wouldnt be trying so hard to convince people otherwise. My Phsician is lefty, and he has more dignity than to put his life out there for other people to examine. Live life as a human being, not as a lefty righty or anything else.

Left handedness is not a lifestyle. It is a choice and a sinful one too. I am appalled that lefthanders are always demanding special rights (so to speak).

remmy_7 said:
and I'm CONVINCED that either you are a nutjob or you're joking...it's just too hard to tell. :sad2:

For crying outloud, WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS WRONG WITH BEING LEFT HANDED?? Some of you people are making it seem like it's a crime!
jeez, I've read some pretty ridiculous stuff, but this thread just takes the cake.

I was born left handed, always have used my left hand. My parents were never so cruel as to force me to switch because we live in a predominantly right-handed world. I am proud to be different!!! :wave:

oh, and little mr happy man is waving with his left hand, see?
ooh, he's evil...he's going to burn in hell! shame on you mr. happy! :rotfl:

Well....it depends who you ask about the nutjob...but as far as my post was concerned, I was being my usual sarcastic self. hehe

MickeyDee, how dare you be sarcastic about such a serious issue! When it comes to issues about my biological nature, or "lifestyle" as you say, I prefer the truth and only the truth. I have been yelled at that I am trying to raise a left-handed son all too often. All I can say is I only wish the bigoted right handed people would accept those who are left-handed and try to understand us for who we are. It is only throughs being so close-minded that you will never see the good in people that are biologically different.

Sidenote: Has anyone seen Southpaw Mountain yet? The ads look great, but you just know it will be too controversial to win an Oscar.

Okay, here goes:

We recently found out that my son is...left-handed. Even though we had suspected it for a couple of years, it was no less a shock--especially to my DH, who considers himself a real right-handed man's man.

DS is out now to close family, but I haven't had the courage to tell my friends. I guess I'm still trying to get used to the idea. I can accept it, but I get uncomfortable when he puts his left-handedness on display for all to see. I mean, does he have to be so brazen about it? Would it be so hard for him to use his right hand when we're eating at a nice restaurant?

I just worry about the hard life he has ahead of him, you know? It's bad enough that he's a product of an interracial marriage. This left-handedness will be just another strike against him.

Please no flames. Feel free to shower me with pixie dust, though.

dis ms. said:
Okay, here goes:

We recently found out that my son is...left-handed. Even though we had suspected it for a couple of years, it was no less a shock--especially to my DH, who considers himself a real right-handed man's man.

DS is out now to close family, but I haven't had the courage to tell my friends. I guess I'm still trying to get used to the idea. I can accept it, but I get uncomfortable when he puts his left-handedness on display for all to see. I mean, does he have to be so brazen about it? Would it be so hard for him to use his right hand when we're eating at a nice restaurant?

I just worry about the hard life he has ahead of him, you know? It's bad enough that he's a product of an interracial marriage. This left-handedness will be just another strike against him.

Please no flames. Feel free to shower me with pixie dust, though.

Maybe it's just a phase. I bet if you make him play sports he'll grow out of it.

In any case :hug: you and your family are in my prayers.

Those of you with children who have left-handed tendencies should do everything in your power to save them! There is hope and it can be cured if caught early enough.

"Can left handedness be prevented? The simple answer is yes, it can be. And that is good news for millions of families. Genetic, psychological and social research confirm that a variety of causes sets the stage for left-handed choices. But left-handed confusion can be reversed. Biological predisposition can be treated. Patterns of hand use and addiction can be understood and reformed. These things, in fact, should be addressed before left handed behavior ever takes place."

(Note: Taken from http://www.family.org/fofmag/pp/a0024031.cfm with a good dose of humor and frustration!)

DisneyDotty said:
So I'm proud to say yes, I'm left handed and choose to stay that way. And BTW--we lefties like to recruit... :lmao: So watch yourself.

This is exactly what right handers are afriad of....recruitment. I knew you lefties had a secret agenda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter