• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you think applesauce cups would explode in an airplane?

JenniK1135

Earning My Ears
I'm bringing the snacks with us that I can, and I have lots of granola bars, fruit chips, etc. But my kids love applesauce, so I was going to pack that in the bag too, until it occurred to me that the air pressure might make them explode. I had that happen with a bag of Utz Crap Chips for my brothers, and it was ugly in that suitcase!

I'm bringing the snacks with us that I can, and I have lots of granola bars, fruit chips, etc. But my kids love applesauce, so I was going to pack that in the bag too, until it occurred to me that the air pressure might make them explode. I had that happen with a bag of Utz Crap Chips for my brothers, and it was ugly in that suitcase!

Utz makes Crap chips? I guess that would be ugly....:rotfl2:

I'm no expert by any means but I would think that applesauce shouldn't explode, just to make certain though I would put them in a zip lock bag so if they do no damage should be done to anything around them.

I don't know about applesauce cups, but it is a good idea to bring them if you can. If I have something that I think might explode/leak in my suitcase on an airplane, I always put it in a ziplock bag or a plastic shopping bag. Then the mess is at least contained. I will be interested to hear what you find out about this.

Applesauce is a sidedish for just about every Disney CS kid's meal. I would probably just get it there rather than risk the mess.

BTW - You cannot bring it as a carry on if you decide to take applesauce with you unless they are in packages that are under 3.4 fl. oz. and fit in one quart-size Ziploc bag.

We took applesauce and pudding cups on our June flight and they didn't explode. We double-Ziploc bagged them, just in case...

I have a weird sense of humor, but this thread title made me laugh!

I'm envisioning applesauce cups being the next terrorist weapon smuggled onto airplanes for devious purposes...:)

"Watch out! He's got APPLESAUCE!"

Applesauce would qualify as a liquid and you'd need to follow the TSA guidelines for carrying on liquids.

Oy, can you tell I have a cold? That would be Utz CRAB chips! :rotfl:

We're planning on checking the snack suitcase. We're flying Southwest so # of bags isn't a concern at all.And it will be nice to have an empty one to bring home souvenirs in.

I bring applesauce cups every trip and have for the last seven years. Never a problem and we have a 3 hour flight. I do put them in freezer ziplocs, just in case. I did once have problems with a couple of small juice boxes leaking, but once again had them in ziploc bags, so the mess was contained.

Shanon

I never even thought about that and brought them with us last week on the plane with no issues.

Exploding crap in a suitcase is always a bad thing: I hate it when that happens. But I think the applesauce would be fine. I wouldn't worry about exploding but the foil could pierce really easily. I'd put them into a box to keep that from happening.

I took applesauce cups in Aug on my trip put them in the luggage and they were fine never crushed or exploded during the flight.

We live about 10 mins from the Utz plants. Don't care if they are crap or crab. We roll down the windows everytime we pass the place. MMMMM smells good!!!!

Now the Gladfelter paper company further down the road. Now that place does smell like CRAP!!

I have a weird sense of humor, but this thread title made me laugh!

I'm envisioning applesauce cups being the next terrorist weapon smuggled onto airplanes for devious purposes...:)

"Watch out! He's got APPLESAUCE!"

My thoughts exactly!!! From the way the title was worded, it sounded like OP wanted them to explode. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have packed applesauce cups in my checked baggage before without any problems. I have never had anything explode in my bag, but if you are concerned you could always stick it in a large ziplock just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter