Do you think anything special will happen for 45th Anniversary?

I made it out there for the 9:30am ceremony but left soon afterwards as the place was starting to look like a zoo,but at least for the ceremony I had to be there especially since its also my birthday.I can't believe the 45th anniversary banner didn't come down when it was supposed to.

The view of the line for pins and t-shirts from the hub facing Casey's at 8:30 this morning. It went all the way down to the far end of the Emporium by the fire house. When you went into the Emporium it went all the way to the middle of the store. Photo courtesy mom and dad. They already had their pins and shirts. :)20161001_083337.jpg

I"m making an event report of my morning/part afternoon today but here's the highlights...

Today only:
- anniversary ceremony.
- free button handed out to everyone
- special map with fold out 45th poster.
- Special cupcake at gastons and starbucks (main street bakery).
- Special magicband, tshits, vinylmation(however you spell those things), trading pin(sold out by noon) and starbucks coffee mug (the mug was really nice). The starbuck mug is limited but was not called today only so it'll be a while supplies last and they appeared to be the only special item that had enough to sell for the entire day plus some.
- line for today only stuff was insane until they ran out of pins and then no line at all.
- whoever designed the queue for today only merch needs to learn that empoirium cannot have both people who waited an hour to get into the store and people shopping for other stuff at teh same time.. it was chaos and I can think of 3 better places to put this merch with room for the queue.

Second chance to get today only stuff:
- The tshirts are available to order online (not sure how) next week if they didn't have your size or ran out. not sure if this will be restricted to people who attended the park today or anyone can get.
- I let guest services know that I was upset to wait 2 hours and have the I was here today pins run out. they didnt' even make it to the afternoon with supplies. disney needs to get a proper supply of special merch and stop raising other prices.. I would guess they could ahve sold at least double what they made by dinner.

AP:
- New 45th Pin, not limited to today.
- Special I was here tshirt (green). Same designed released in shop parks app several weeks ago for AP holder but I dont' remember that one being green. These will go on sale again next week via the shop disney app but not sure if that will be restricted to people who went into the park that day or not.
- The new discounts started today. 20% off select merch, table and COUNTER SERVICE locations. They added some of my favorite counter service places to the list so i'm siked about this. 10% off added to some additional places. This discount will last until sept 30th, 2017 (see annual passholder website for more details). The wording was vague on where they added so keep asking anyone you hand money to if they take the discount for the next year.

D23/DVC:
- I forgot to ask and look if there was anything special

Other things around the world:
- new 45th banner hanging from the train station out front by the mickey head garden.
- 45th banner flying from the castle, but this disappeared by noon so I suspect they had issues with it (and did during the ceremony (watch youtube, it failed to open).

Merch changes that are more than just today:
- All of the 2016 merch was missing from shelves and replaced with a new line of anniversary merch. probably limited to MK only but didnt' get to any resorts or other parks to confirm that. 2016 merch is still in the shop parks app.
- big top had cupcakes and apples with 45th theme (didn't check the other sweet shop location).

Last edited:
Nice, thanks for sharing! Question - so the 20% off merch was for anyone with an AP? I was a bit worried they might limit to only those with AP's sold from Oct 2nd forward, although that would be a bit tedious for the cashier CM and would really stink!

Nice, thanks for sharing! Question - so the 20% off merch was for anyone with an AP? I was a bit worried they might limit to only those with AP's sold from Oct 2nd forward, although that would be a bit tedious for the cashier CM and would really stink!

It's just the list of discounts that ap holders changed, it came out before the new passes and appears to be the discounts I got. Did new passes actually come out or was it just the special of 13 months for the price of 12?

Any idea if they will have it for the whole year? Pics of the mug? I love the Starbucks/Disney Parks collection!
We were at Starbucks around 7:30 last night and I asked the CM if they were just for the day or would be sold after and she said until supplies ran out...and added that they were running out fast. Said they had to limit purchases to 10 per person and people were actually buying that many.

Said they had to limit purchases to 10 per person and people were actually buying that many.

That's a ridiculous "limit" - 2 would be more reasonable. I think it's pretty safe to assume that anyone who's buying 10 is selling most (if not all) of them an ebay and there are currently listings for the mugs there, and I'm sure these people are asking way more than they paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter