Do you take the Disney busses or drive your car?

Got back from POR last Monday. We had our car but it stayed parked the whole week. We drive 12 hours to Disney and once we get there we like to let disney take care of us until we leave. We never had a problem with the buses.

We have always taken the busses even when we have our car. To add to our "Disney experience" I always notice the families bright eyed and full of energy on the way to the parks in the morning. I enjoy visiting with some of the other families from different states.

At the end of the day, it's amazing to see the same kids passed out and sleeping on the way back to the resort and many parents who wish they could do the same.

I will admit the only time I really do not like to ride the bus is when MK closes after Wishes. The line can sometimes be as long as 45 minutes.

I'm in the never step on Disney transportation again camp. Unless it's of course forced - such as Hoop Dee Do. It's more a comfort thing for me - that's all. Pure overall enjoyment of getting to and from. The Disney busses are super convenient and most of the time quite nice. At times, however, they are packed to the gills with hot, tired, and the occasional crying people. They can be slow to arrive for pick-ups, and slow to the destination. And after experiencing some hassle, along with one sick person on a bus, I simple said no way ever again. Total personal choice. It's wonderful that it's provided - just not me us.

We love the buses offered by the resorts! We are driving down in August for the first time. We will probably try driving to a park once, but I have a feeling we will mostly use the bus. :thumbsup2

Going to parks I usually take busses. Same with downtown disney. If I'm going to another resort for dinner though will take a taxi every time. Otherwise too much trouble.

We take the buses and just go with it ... My thought is rest for the feet if it takes a long time : )

We always have our car at WDW, and the two parks we drive to are AK and DHS. For Epcot and MK, we take the Disney bus. There are exceptions. If we're starting the day at DHS, then finishing at Epcot, we'll take the bus to DHS. If we're visiting MK and Epcot because one or the other has EMH, sometimes we might park at the TTC and monorail to both parks.

POR is probably our favorite resort. We've acquired the habit of leaving our room, heading to the food court, then taking the bus from the main bldg. That way, in case the bus fills up while making its 3 other stops around POR, we always have a place on the bus, and usually an actual seat.

I am a rental car convert. We had one this last trip and will always do so in the future. We love Disney transportation and have always had the best luck with it but it was so nice having our own car. We usually stay at the WL and will probably always take Disney transport to the MK and EPCOT. But will likely drive to everything else.

Since it cost $17 to park your car, find parking, and then take the tram...

I think it's easier to take the buses that drop you off right at the front.

I think the buses are just fine. The only issue would be end of day waiting in line for the next bus. However, you could take a cab if you didn't want to wait.

The only time we used a car for a trip (not a day trip but a vacation) it was a huge pain. Give me the buses any day!

We always drive to Disney and park the car. The only time that we use it is when we eat off property, visit family in Melbourne beach or drive over to Bush Gardens for the day. The buses are way to much of a convenience not to use. But that is us. I've noticed through different threads that not all the ppl fill the same.

I have a 6 year old and he loves to get every minute out of the parks. He has fallen asleep every time we leave the park. It is easier to bring a sleeping child to a car than wait for a bus.

If you pay to have your car put in the valet at your resort, you can valet your car at other resorts. I often go to the contemporary or Polynesian for breakfast. I valet the car and we are on the monorail after our meal. The lines for the monorail are much shorter in the resorts than the line at the main station.

I usually book thru AAA. There is a special parking field for AAA members and it is usually closer than normal parking.

Our last day of vacation is usually spent shopping outside of the parks. It is easier to get around with a car. Additionally if you need anything or have an emergency, the car is essential.

Most of the major rental car companies are in the airport. It is easy to pick up and drop off the car.

Yes, it costs more money. However, I would rather save time and be comfortable.

Since it cost $17 to park your car, find parking, and then take the tram...

I think it's easier to take the buses that drop you off right at the front.

I think the buses are just fine. The only issue would be end of day waiting in line for the next bus. However, you could take a cab if you didn't want to wait.
This is a moot point if staying onsite and using WDW buses.

The drive question is different for everyone. If you feel that driving takes away from your vacay experience, don't drive. If you don't mind driving, consider driving yourself.

We love driving ourselves to the parks, except for MK. My idea of a vacation is not waiting for an overly crowded bus, nor standing if there are no more seats. Yes, there is sometimes more walking when we have to get to our car....but then we can sit and not have to wait in crazy lines for buses to get us. Driving also gives us flexibility to go offsite, whether it be to a beach, another resort or our fave orange grove.

We are AAA members and do love their parking pass perk. However, after this year AAA and Disney are parting ways. :-( but we will still drive....

We always use Disney transportation. To us, it's part of the fun. Sure, every once in a while we wait a bit, but we're pretty relaxed on vacation. If we drove our own car it wouldn't feel as much like vacation to us. :)

Same here, we always stay at POR and have never had a bad experience with the bus.

We drive to WDW - park the car & let Disney do the driving. Always have & always will, hate having to search for car at the end of the day much easier & closer to hop a bus. We always stay in a preferred room at POR & never have any issues with their buses. With all the construction at DTD and the loss of the parking lots it's great to take the bus or boat there.

I'm on vacay and happy to let Disney do the driving, besides, there's other things I'd rather spend my money on then a car rental.

We stayed at POR in January and only used buses. It was a lot of fun, we always stood in the front and chatted with the driver. That said with POR being so spread out, and the buses sharing with POFQ the whole time it did seem like we spent more time in the PO parking lot than on the road to the parks. I might chose a smaller resort with just one stop next time.

We use the bus, boats or monorail. And if I am in a real hurry I use a cab. I think it is cheaper to use a cab for the few times that I need it than to rent a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter