Do you take advantage of EMH or avoid EMH?

When our dd was young we went to a few but they were called something different back then. We do them very infrequently.....matter of fact we usually go to a different park in hopes that park has lower crowds because everyone went to the EMH one. I think going to MK for their emh morning is good though.

Thanks to all of the posters on this thread! Let's keep it going. This is a good topic and there seems to be varying opinions.

We have done both. If you can stay up late enough, those really late EMH times at MK can be a blast. We have stayed as late as 3am and it was staying open until 4am. The only ride that still had a line was Space Mountain.

Also, as previously posted, highly recommend AK for AM EMH. That park just always seems the busiest, so if you get there for the AM EMH, you can do a lot.

Just make sure of one thing, if you decide to go to a park on a AM EMH day, make sure you utilize the EMH. We kept taking our time and missing that hour and then the park seemed more crowded. It was stupid of us to not go to another park on those days, but we had a plan and we were sticking to it.

We do both,we paln our days around them every day. Large crowds small crowds does not matter we take advantage of every moment we can at WDW. Its all about your self and your family, and your energy level.

We do both and seem to get alot done on EMH Mornings. I am not sure if we would do them if we weren't hoppers.:goodvibes

DH & I have done both AM & PM EMH. Enjoyed both thoroughly. When I went in August with my niece & her BFF we stayed at the MK until 3am & it was perfect. The girls were able to stay on most of the big rides almost continuously after about 1am. It was great for all of us........alot quieter, calmer and we all had an absolutely blast. We spent 15 hours in the MK in the heat, the rain and then the cooler air. :thumbsup2

Our kids are young. For the most part we only do the EMH morning at MK (we leave the park after lunch). Other than that we avoid the parks with EMH.

I sometimes use the morning EMH, especially in hot weather, but I'd never do it without park hoppers. I've only tried evening EMH once, and it was okay as far as just wandering around, but it didn't work very well for rides. I'm really not a night person, so I've never stayed particularly late.

During the busy season, I can understand that the parks with EMHs would be significantly more crowded. What about during less busy times of year? Is is worth going to parks with late EMHs worth it during the "off-season" (like mid/late January-early February or September)?

Anybody with personal experience on this one?

The extra morning hour in September is cooler! I can get out of the park by lunchtime and avoid the worst of the heat & humidity.

When we were there last week we hit morning EMH at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. It was FANTASTIC! We got so much done. At MK we headed straight to Fantasyland and did as many rides as we could until 9:00 and then we stood at the entrance by Haunted Mansion and waited for rope drop. We were able to do everything with a 5 - 10 min. wait all day at MK. It was unreal! We didn't even need to use fast passes at all!

While at AK we headed straight to Expedition Everest and rode it 3 times in about 25 minutes. It was awesome! Then we hit the safari and dinosaur and had minimal waits on both. For us the morning EMH worked great.

We never did the evening ones .... we were too tired from getting up early!

We've never done EMH in the morning, but we're shooting for one this trip at Animal Kingdom, I believe. We are big fans of evening EMH - it just seems to fit our family better. We're all late risers and nighthawks (shift workers, that's just how we tend to be, and the kids are used to our schedules).

MK evening hours were great--we stayed til three and the parks were deserted. Characters were wandering around, no lines, taking pictures and riding rides. It was great! Epcot evening hours we've had less success with. I think it may be because they were on Fridays, and MK closed early for parties, so a lot of people headed that way.

We have problems making it to rope drop, so we've never attempted early hours. However, since the next trip will be in June, I'm going to try to push the troops harder to make at least a couple.

We have been going to Disney for over 10 years. We have uted the early and late EMH with great success. When our kids were younger, we would use the early hours to get to a tremendous amount of attractions in a short amount of time. Now that they are teenagers, we find the late hours to be the most beneficial. Short lines and lots of re-riding without waiting.

It's hard to believe but most people get up around 10 a.m., eat, and head to the parks. If you use the EMH, you can avoid this swell during the midday and head back to the resort for a nap or swim. It works great!

Park hopping is a must!

i have used both am and pm emh and found the morning excellent if you get there right at rope drop. The pm emh is great if you stay until at least near the end. All in all I find getting to a non-emh park at rope drop accomplishes the same thing, particularly if you go to a park recommended by TGM or UG and then you get to sleep an hour later. i like the parties for no line rides, but evening emh is especially good if you get FPs early in the day for the evening. All the other rides are walk ons then. I don't stay past midnight. I turn into a pumpkin and am worried about getting squashed....

We avoid the EMH parks during the day the hop to the EMH evening park @ night. Last year MK was open to 3 am and from anbout midnight on you could just walk on any ride but during the day it was insane!!

I would never do an EMH park without a hopper.

I avoid morning Epcot EMH because Test Track and Soarin' get packed really fast and those are my kids' favorite rides. I was also very surprised last June when MK was still very crowded until midnight when we headed for the exit. Other than that, I think they are great.

We did late EMH at Epcot and it was great! We rode TT with little to no wait- Living with the Land with no wait...

It was busy-ish, but really cool! We'd spend the whole night in the parks if we could! :hyper:

Overall my travel group would prefer the evening EMH except for those pesky young kids of mine. They're early risers (7ish) so we are definitely hitting an AM EMH for at least MK. It's either that or sit in the hotel and stare at each other. Our plan is to definitely leave MK after eating a CS lunch and then hang at the resort and hop to another park in the afternoon for an early TS dinner. Yep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter