• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you take a pedometer to the parks?

WedgieSock

DIS Veteran
If yes, which one? I have been reading reviews and found that quite a few say they are inaccurate so now I'm like "which one?" :confused3

I'm not taking it for any other reason than I thought it would be fun to see how far we have walked so all it needs is mileage - it doesn't need to show me calories burned, heart rate, sync with my computer or make a cup of tea :p

Any input would be appreciated :)

I wear a pedometer every day. Mine is from Weight Watchers. Hubby wants to get one for WDW though. I'll have to check out the ones above.

I'm another FitBit user...I LOVE it. I've had it about 3 months, and it is extremely accurate...and it has a good "holster". My previous pedometers had a tendency to fall off at inconvenient times. Not the FitBit. It stays put. Because it syncs with a computer, you get a lot more than "just" a pedometer, as well....

I'm another FitBit user...I LOVE it. I've had it about 3 months, and it is extremely accurate...and it has a good "holster". My previous pedometers had a tendency to fall off at inconvenient times. Not the FitBit. It stays put. Because it syncs with a computer, you get a lot more than "just" a pedometer, as well....

Oooh I'm really excited now. I want the Fit Bit, in pink :lovestruc

We grabbed a cheap one from the dollar store and used it all last week. Apparently we clocked in around 10-12 miles a day.

DH and I both have Omron pedometers that we wear everyday. It just goes in my pocket. He wears his on his belt loop. We have had the same ones for several years and they are wuite accurate. Only cost around $25 too.

Another vote for the Omron. The safety clip is the first part to wear out, then I just loop it through my belt loop before I clip it on. They last for YEARS.

Has anyone used the iphone app pedometers? I was wondering if they worked well and were accurate? Also, I didn't know if they sucked the battery on your iphone? I found a couple out there that were free.

I use an Omron that was about 20.00 on Amazon. I love that I can put it in my pocket. I hate the clip ones. And it doubles as a watch as well. They say you can carry it in a bag as well. I have not tried that. I did count my physical steps and check the Omron and it was very accurate. You just have to make sure you put in the correct stride length. It gives steps, miles and even aerobic steps. Excellent little device.

Has anyone used the iphone app pedometers? I was wondering if they worked well and were accurate? Also, I didn't know if they sucked the battery on your iphone? I found a couple out there that were free.

I am curious about this as well. My neighbor uses an iPhone ap for running. It uses gps and seems accurate. Curious how it would work at WDW.

I heard they weren't that accurate.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm weirdly excited about it :thumbsup2

Another FitBit user and lover. I've had my FitBit Ultra for several months and it was a tremendous tool in my 75 lb weight loss journey. In addition to measuring steps, it also measures steps in elevation like stairs or hills, gives total miles walked, total calories burned and can even track your sleep cycles. It is AWESOME!!

I know FitBit is coming out with two newer models, the Zip, which tracks steps, distance, calories burned and the One, which tracks steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and sleep cycle, which replaces the Ultra that have. I am seriously considering buying the new One for our upcoming trip because I like the new silicone clip better.

I use runkeeper on my droid. It's pretty darn accurate, but no way would my battery last all day.

Yes, I use the Fitbit and tie it into MyFitnessPal also. The two together are great.

And what a fabulous job, momto2dkids. I wish I could do half that.

Several times years back and averaged around 8 miles a day.:goodvibes

Glad this question was posted. We just returned and I wanted to get a pedometer because we were there for 12 days. I was told by 3 different runners not to worry about it at a park (amusement or theme) that when you rode a ride, that they were in accurate that the numbers changed. Can someone tell me how they factor in all the rides they go on during the day?

Glad this question was posted. We just returned and I wanted to get a pedometer because we were there for 12 days. I was told by 3 different runners not to worry about it at a park (amusement or theme) that when you rode a ride, that they were in accurate that the numbers changed. Can someone tell me how they factor in all the rides they go on during the day?
Not sure about others, but the Fitbit won't record time on rides. It won't, as an example, record time on a bike or elliptical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter