Do you suggest a backpack or fannypack or ???

OK, I must admit that while not in the World, I NEVER use a fanny pack but I find it a necessity while at WDW. I tried a cross body bag and didn't like the weight on my shoulder. Backpacks were nice when we had strollers (those days are long gone) because I never actually had to carry it much.

So I vote for a fanny pack. The rule is, "If it doesn't fit...it doesn't go into the park."

Both.

A CLEAR VINYL Backpack for ponchos, camera, clothing (Especially for Kali River Rapids), resort coffee mugs. Never had to open it for security.

Small Fanny/Waist/Front (choose a position) for Phone, $$ and Cards.

OK, I must admit that while not in the World, I NEVER use a fanny pack but I find it a necessity while at WDW. I tried a cross body bag and didn't like the weight on my shoulder. Backpacks were nice when we had strollers (those days are long gone) because I never actually had to carry it much.

So I vote for a fanny pack. The rule is, "If it doesn't fit...it doesn't go into the park."

My thoughts exactly!

I use a smaller crossbody bag. It fits my sunglasses when I'm on a ride, camera, wallet, chapstick, and in case of rain a poncho, without being to bulgy if I have all that in there at the same time. I like it to because it sits low enough past my waist that even on rides with lap bars, and RnRC I can still wear it around my body without having to have someone hold it for me while I ride or put it in the little net bag in front of the seat.

We have 2 in diapers and I will have a diaper bag and a fanny pack. I bought the fanny pack at the grocery store last trip because I was worried about my wallet getting lifted when we were on a ride. I will only wear the fanny pack at Disney :) My fanny pack hold sunglasses, important cards and other small things that i don't want o get lost!

Okay, I've used the Baggalini Messenger...hated it. I've used a Kavu Keeper...liked it, but always ended up saying "I wish I had a bigger bag to throw ____ in". I've used a Vera Bradley Hipster...love on an everyday basis, but you get it a little wet from a ride and it weighs 80 pounds. Last trip, I grabbed my son's LL Bean backpack one day when I thought it might rain so I'd have room for the ponchos. I'll never carry anything else. Main reason? Everyone in the family will take turns. Not so much with my Peacock Hipster. :goodvibes

It depends on the time of year for me..winter or cooler months..or where it starts out cold then warms up and you start shedding..I use a packpack...warmer weather or when it is just me and DH I use cargo pants and a camera case that fits on my belt. This trip in Oct, I will be using a fanny pack along with my cargo pants. Will be with 13 other people so I may have extra stuff

If it does not fit in my cargo pants/shorts, it does not go to the park with me.

Since we have a 5 yr old, we bring a backpack with a few things. Sunscreen, tissues, change of clothes for him just in case, sunglasses, paperwork. That is about it. You can take the backpack on all of the slow rides with you. I'm not sure about the fast ones, as I don't ride them!

Can you take backpacks on the rides with you?

Yes. I never went on any ride that you couldn't take it with you. I just put it on the floor and put my feet through the straps. We didn't ride Soarin' this past time, but I would imagine a regular size backpack would fit in the compartment under the seats.

All of the above! :lmao:

I carry a bagellini with ponchos, an "in case" change of clothes for DD3, sun screen, camera, phone, chapstick, and previously, diapering supplies. BUT, we have a stroller so I rarely actually carry it at all. I have a lanyard w/my KTTW, cc, $, & ID in it around my neck.

My DD 7 likes having her own bag so she has a fanny pack w/her own poncho, chapstick, and her wallet. She also carrys Pal Mickey, who occassionally rides in the stroller.

I am attempting to strap a fanny pack on to DD3 this year. I would like the girls to get used to carrying their own things so that when we are strollerless mom doesn't get stuck lugging everyone's stuff around. I am hoping for pockets only by the time my youngest is ready to walk the parks with us. :thumbsup2

If you can go bag free I would...being a mom with soon to be 2 kiddos in tow that won't be happening for us so I opt for a back pack but wish for the days of being stroller and bag free! LOL!!

As much as I would love to go bag-free, I feel safer with my cell and wallet in a bag than in pockets.

That being the case, I opt for the fanny pack (which is a disney bag and only worn in disney).

I don't have to take it off to get on any rides, my hands are free, no strap crossing my chest (I hate that), plus I love that I can stick my water bottle between me and the bag and not have to hold even that!

I always use a nylon drawstring backpack, the kinds you see all over nowadays. Almost every sporting goods store has them, and they're great! I have a Nike one that is basically a big pouch that I can roll up very tightly to take up no luggage space. It's also very very lightweight, and fits the necessities and maybe some small shopping bags very easily. The drawstring closure would allow me to feel if someone would attempt to open it up (which has only happened when my friends try to open mine, so it doesn't alarm me, but it's good to know I'd feel it!). I can also create a big, easily undone knot at the top and put it around my foot on rides or smoosh it into the mesh pockets, without worrying about destroying a nice bag. The nylon makes it insanely easy to clean, and waterproof as well! And through all that, I'm still hands free! They're usually quite cheap too, around $10-15, maybe even less.

At night I will usually wear a belt bag - it's basically a fanny pack but with squarish pockets, not one large one. Mine is from Gucci, but I use it on a daily basis at home too, not just for the parks. Mine can fit the essentials - phone, camera, lip balm, tissues, hand sanitizer, and money/tickets/cards in the hidden zipper pocket, and is very safe and secure and easy to just toss on.

A backpack would be better, Mike. It’s easier to carry and manage, and I would think it can hold more stuff than a fanny bag but I could be wrong. We use this gear bag (http://www.briggs-riley.com/category/productDetail.aspx?id=Connect-Gear-Bag_VB430) from Briggs & Riley. It’s the same style as a backpack, but goes over only one shoulder. DH usually carries it to the park and it can hold all the stuff we need including tickets, camera, water bottle, and snacks.

I suggest carrying as little as possible into the park and avoid the bag all together.

Just got back last week and we tried a backpack with some water bottles for only one day. That was enough. After that, I carried a small fanny pack, and that was more than enough room for camera, etc. The backpack will stay at home next time.

I use a wristlet that holds my camera, park ticket/room key/debit card/driver's license, cash and a small tube of advil. I can be hands free and frequently dh puts that stuff in his pocket so we can through the gates faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter