Do you stick with the same brand shampoo?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I have been using Suave shampoo & conditioner for AGES!!! I'm talking since I lived with my parents (and I've been out of the house for 20yrs!!!) :eek:

Now, mind you...I have bought a bottle or two now and then of other brands (whether they were on sale or whatever) but have always been "brand loyal" to Suave. Not sure why but I guess it's what I grew up on, so :confused3

Anyhow, over the weekend I was over my brother's house and his fiance has quite the stockpile of stuff in the basement that she wanted me to see (think extreme couponing, but just not as "extreme") Needless to say, she was very generous and filled up 4 grocery bags full of stuff and gave it to me. In there, was 2 bottles each of Dove shampoo & conditioner. I just used it the first time today and :lovestruc I just love the smell of it and how soft my hair feels.

I'm also starting to get into this stockpiling frame of mind which means, you can't really be "brand loyal" so I'm sure whatever I find a great deal on, I'll stock up on it and if I find I don't like it, I can always give it to someone who does.

So after all that, I'm just wondering if you're brand loyal (whether it's just your shampoo or anything else that you buy) or if you buy stuff just because of the price? Thoughts?

I prefer Pantene. I have been using it since I was in HS, but I do try other brands now and then. Once in awhile I buy shampoo from the salon, and I hide it from my kids :laughing:

I am only brand loyal to feminine products! Everything else-- price is the bottom line. I always get the "what if there's something better out there??" mindset, so I RARELY buy the same product twice in a row. My hair dresser convinced me to buy some pretty pricey shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair this weekend and swore that I'd never purchase another brand again...we'll see!

My mom always taught me it was bad for your hair not to switch up shampoo/conditioner brands every so often. I don't know how true that is, but I usually change every couple of months just in case she happens to be right.

I like to try different shampoos/conditioner. I do repeat some of my favorites more often than others, especially if I see they are on sale, etc. I like Aussie products, garnier fructis and a couple others; but I rarely, if ever, buy the same brand over and over without trying something new in between.

I've been using the same shampoo for at least two years now--Alterna. My hair is very soft and fine and, as such, very "impressionable." I grew up on all the drugstore brands of shampoo and my hair was a WRECK. I've had to use various ones in an emergency and my hair is almost unstylable. So I stick with Alterna because it works. Many years ago, I used L'Oreal Hydravive for a long time but they changed the formula and that was bad for me.

Lucky you that you can use almost anything. You must have great hair!

I used Suave strawberry shampoo for many, many years, probably from the time I gave up baby shampoo until I turned 30, and it was so much "my thing" that my high school sweetheart (who has been just a friend for 15+ years now) and my husband both say the smell of strawberries always makes them think of me. But for the past couple years I've been using Herbal Essences "Long Term Relationship" and I just love it. It really does cut down on breakage/split ends and since my hair is waist-length anything that helps it lie smooth without product is a big plus.

I'm not brand loyal, but I do look for shampoos for color treated hair. I have yet to find one that I "love".

I use different ones. I currently have 2 different shampoos in the shower. :) I find that if I use the same one over and over, I get build up, so switching it up gets rid of that. :)

I'm 98% brand loyal between certain brands Suave, Aussie, Dove, Garnier and h2o for some crazy reason I love the disney stuff.

Ever since the cruise it's been H2O - makes every shower feel like I'm back on the Wonder. :goodvibes

I switch it up a lot now. I didn't really used to. For the longest time I used John Frieda Frizz-Ease Weather Works. But they stopped making that. So since then I've been all around. Right now I am using Yes To Tomatoes. I also really like Yes To Carrots.

In my experience, every time I start using a new shampoo the initial result is awesome looking hair. But after a few days, the hair gets used to it and then it's business as usual. All of a sudden the Dove that made my hair look amazing for a day or two doesn't make it look any different than the cheaper Suave that I used before. Yes, I will use different stuff now and then but for the most part, I just stick with Suave because it's cheap and it fulfills my main need, which is clean hair!

I've used Pantene for color treated hair for years now. I think though next time I'm at the world I'm going to get some H2O. I love that smell of that!

I say frugal.. you say cheap- whatever is on sale! :lmao:

I cannot stand Suave, Garnier Fructis, or Pantene- they all leave a film on my hair. Other than that.. whatever goes. I think I currently have Aveeno as it was on closeout and 2 bottles have lasted over a year!

I like to switch it up.

I will do Suave clarifying? shampoo.

But right now I am on a Pantene "original", but I used it back in the 80's and it seemed creamier and was a slightly different color,lol.

I will also use Nexxus sometimes.

We usually use Pantene, but have used Fructiscs and Herbal Essence (which I love). DD2 bought me biolage and I like that but like a pp, have to hide it from my other dd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter