• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you stick around the DIS after a trip?

Twoboysnmygirl

DIS Veteran
We just got back a couple weeks ago and I'm having trip withdrawl. We had such a magical trip!! :lovestruc When I'm down, I come here to perk myself up, like usual, but I get even more depressed that we don't have a trip planned.

I tried to price one for 2011, but dh thought we wouldn't be able to afford it (our past trip we went with IL's and they flipped a large portion of the bill) and I think I would be ok if I could plan at least, but the thought of never going back breaks my heart. :confused:

Is there life after WDW?

Well, we've been back just over a month and I'm still hanging out. My husband asked what I want for Christmas, and I told him like always I want a down payment on next year's trip.... It won't pay for the whole thing, but with a year to plan, there's still time to sell everything in the house to pay for it!

I visit the DIS after my trips mainly to answer questions for people who are planning. We are lucky that we can go almost every year thanks to DVC, so I don't have withdrawal. :banana::wizard::woohoo: But I am still learning things.

PS. I just learned yesterday at the DIS that there is no more Super Soap weekend like we ran into last year. Unfortunately, I had already planned around it.

I am having MAJOR trip withdrawl this week because this is the week we went last year and the week we are hoping to go next year. It is so depressing to not have a trip planned and for it to be such a long way away till the next trip.

I used to have withdrawal and have to avoid the DIS after a trip, but now that we go so often it just extends the magic for a little longer and helps me get excited for the next trip. Plus, I get so much help from others on this forum, I want to "give back" by answering questions. :goodvibes

Good morning all,
i am on here everyday since my last trip one year ago Halloween. my next trip will not be till 2012.:sad2: i will be here everyday till then too.:)my wife says i need professional help with my Disney addiction.:rotfl::rotfl:

Is there life after WDW?

Answer - yes! There's a ton of stuff to see in America - catch some sights closer to home perhaps. The make-believe Disney World is indeed very fun, but there's a lot of real-world fun as well. Drive over the rockies, see Yellowstone, go camping with fall colors all around, etc.

In a few days we'll be doing our 2nd trip to the World in a year, then we'll be hitting other vacation destinations for a few years. We'll definitely go back to WDW sometime.

I still hang around here after a trip. It's a way to stay close to the Magic when I'm so far away!

Milling around here and super cute pics from my parent's recent trip convinced DH to let me book and start planning again.

I am always here to ease the pain...It is going to be rough after my trip this December since we will not be going next year at all.Maybe 2011.

We just got back a couple weeks ago and I'm having trip withdrawl. We had such a magical trip!! :lovestruc When I'm down, I come here to perk myself up, like usual, but I get even more depressed that we don't have a trip planned.

I tried to price one for 2011, but dh thought we wouldn't be able to afford it (our past trip we went with IL's and they flipped a large portion of the bill) and I think I would be ok if I could plan at least, but the thought of never going back breaks my heart. :confused:

Is there life after WDW?

I tend to stick around and browse when I have a trip planned coming up.
Since I have one in April 2010 and Sept 2011 ready, I'm always around.

Just don't always post, many times questions are repetative and someone else already answered it.

Just try to keep an eye out for some new info I didn't know about or fun thread.

I usually take a few month Dis break after a trip - it is too depressing to come back for a while not knowing when my next trip may be!

I love Dis! I don't know what I would do without it. I love reading other people's adventures, answering questions, and getting ideas for future trips.

This discussion would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

I just got back on Monday and am having serious withdrawls, especially with no future trip in sight. But at least I can keep up with the news and help answer questions. I'm def on here way less than when I'm planning a trip though.

I can see being on the boards after my trip is past even if I don't have another planned for a while. I agree that I can post photos or tips for other people planning for their upcoming vacations as well as learn from others. While I have been to Disney numerous times over the years, there is always something new to experience, changes to something that I have experienced in the past, or something that I might have missed when I was there.

Even if you don't have a trip planned in the near future, it is really never too soon to begininning planning for the next one. Take each tip that you receive that you think you might want to remember for the future and put it away in either a planning binder, a box, etc. and when you get closer to that future date you can pull it all out and feel prepared to tackle The World head on. :)

Yes, I do. I found the DIS in 2004 using another user name. After that trip, I didn't log on for awhile and forgot both the name and the password. Since signing on again in 2005, I haven't left.

I do. We don't have a trip planned again until 2012, and it's really hard to think about being away that long (hopefully, we can slip a short visit in between now and then). But, I love reading people's TRs and keeping up-to-date on all the happenings. It keeps me in the Disney mood, and that's a good mood to be in!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter