Do you stalk your kids???

SLK1

DIS Veteran
I got busted again. I was reading DD's Twitter and accidentally "favorited" a Tweet, which sent a notification to her. Oopsies! If only I knew what the heck I was doing! Anyway, she's mad, but my feeling is, if you're not set on "private", anyone can see, so what's wrong with ME seeing???

Am I the only one who does this?!

I used to stalk DS on facebook when he first went off to college but I never commented or liked, just wanted to see how he was doing or how his day was going.

I'm clueless with twitter and instagram. DD is into Tumblr and that's another one I am clueless on as well

My adult children? No. My Mom does and I wish she'd knock it off because she's always calling me to tattle on them with their supposed misbehavior that she finds on Facebook.

Cripes Mom he's almost 24 years old. I'm not going to ground him because you saw a Facebook picture of him holding a beer.

I got busted again. I was reading DD's Twitter and accidentally "favorited" a Tweet, which sent a notification to her. Oopsies! If only I knew what the heck I was doing! Anyway, she's mad, but my feeling is, if you're not set on "private", anyone can see, so what's wrong with ME seeing???

Am I the only one who does this?!

So its okay for the rest of the world to read but not her mom? lol:confused3 :

Yeah if its not set to private its up for grabs. lol

I get to have access to all their social media stuff until they are 18. It's my right as their parent to know what they are doing, and if it's really something they want to keep that private they shouldn't post it where so many people can read it.

Neither of my older boys have complained, and even once they've turned 19 they don't remove me because I don't post or respond or call them out on stuff online.

My kids don't have Twitter accounts. I see no reason for young ppl to even be on Twitter.

My kids have Facebook pages and I am friends with them on there where I can see everything they do. And I have both of their log in and passwords. I have never used it to check up on them. I have logged into each child's FB on more than one occasion when they asked me to to do something in there for them. But I didn't snoop.

I do not check their text messages on their phones because they do not try to hide them.

My dad tried to add me on myspace when I was single and I wouldn't. :rotfl: My language was not daddy appropriate. On facebook I mainly talk about the kids and post pics of them, so my dad is my friend on facebook. Yeah if the account it open it is up for grabs.

My kids don't have Twitter accounts. I see no reason for young ppl to even be on Twitter.

My kids have Facebook pages and I am friends with them on there where I can see everything they do. And I have both of their log in and passwords. I have never used it to check up on them. I have logged into each child's FB on more than one occasion when they asked me to to do something in there for them. But I didn't snoop.

I do not check their text messages on their phones because they do not try to hide them.

I really don't see where Twitter is bad and Facebook is good. They're both social media vehicles.

My dd14 has an instagram account and I have liked it so I get an email when she posts a picture. My rules for her are no pictures of herself and no personal info. She posts picture of our pets.

Facebook is not very popular among the high school crowd here because adults have taken it over.

Not really. I am friends with all three on FB but if I don't look for their posts. Do look at their pictures of the grandkids. DD rarely posts anything anyway.

She has a twitter account, actually she has two. One is "real life" and she is followed by and follows her friends, classmates and fellow choir members. The other one is a WWE fan twitter account and she follows and is followed by other WWE fans, superstars and divas. I do not have a twitter account.

She also has Instagram and I follow her. I used to look at it sometimes but got tired of seeing all the silly pictures and forget about checking it.

DD has been online for a long time. From the beginning, we have had talks about what is and isn't appropriate to put out there. What to do if someone sends an inappropriate picture, message, etc. And when she needs to block someone from whatever site she is on. She handles it all pretty well.

According to my (adult) children, Facebook and Twitter are for old people. They text, they rarely are on social media except to stalk ME.

Darn skippy I do. DS is 13, and he has Facebook and Instagram. He also texts. I can, and do, look at everything at will. He knows it, so it's not like I'm trying to hide it. And when I say "look at everything", I mean sign into his account with his login and password...not just the stuff that he "lets" me see by being my friend. There are ways to hide things from certain people, you know.

DD, 10, only has an Instagram, but I do the same thing with her account. That was a condition of them having these accounts in the first place. As they get older, maybe not as much, but right now it is MY job to make sure that they learn to navigate social media in a safe manner.

I get to have access to all their social media stuff until they are 18. It's my right as their parent to know what they are doing, and if it's really something they want to keep that private they shouldn't post it where so many people can read it.

Neither of my older boys have complained, and even once they've turned 19 they don't remove me because I don't post or respond or call them out on stuff online.

Number one rule of social media stuff is if you don't want your mom reading it then you shouldn't be sending it. period.

our rule is passwords must be write down in the password book. parents have access to all online accounts, you will be our friends online to what ever.

Number one rule of social media stuff is if you don't want your mom reading it then you shouldn't be sending it. period.

our rule is passwords must be write down in the password book. parents have access to all online accounts, you will be our friends online to what ever.

I am 31 and I follow this advice. I do not post anything on Facebook or Twitter that I would be ashamed for my mother or grandmother to see. What you post there will be there FOREVER. Welcome to the internet! Your future employer may very will look you up... and there are ways around privacy settings and deletions. So just don't post it in the first place!

Not sure if my mom does or not. She has both twitter and facebook. She doesn't follow many people, so all my stuff comes up pretty easy. I will call her, and tell her something. Her reply "I saw that on twitter!"

Sometimes she stops by where I work to see if I am there. Usually when she can't get in touch with me, and needs something. I was on break once, and she stalked me from work down into Target to give me something. I've now just written down my schedule for her information.

According to my (adult) children, Facebook and Twitter are for old people. They text, they rarely are on social media except to stalk ME.

:thumbsup2

My adult sons moved onto something other than FB. Too many aunts, uncles, grandparents, ME, commenting.

I did find my 21 year old on twitter. I laughed so hard reading the tweets about me when he was home for Christmas. I'll leave out the hashtags.

"My mom sneezed. Was there an earthquake?"
"Someone tell my mom she's not on Iron Chef"
"Does my mom realize she talks to the dog all day long in an annoying voice?"
"My mom says MuSKULLS - instead of muscles"

Then, when I was very ill and in the hospital,
"Please pray for my mom." Aww. I was so shocked to see that. And the exchange that followed. He was so worried, I never knew. :flower3:

My DS24 ~ I don't even want to know. :scared: :rotfl: :crazy2: He did give me a call when he fractured his collar bone while with friends at the beach, riding a long board and he hit a rock. He was going to post something on FB and he gave me the courteous call so I wouldn't find out on FB. Shsssh. Oh but "Mom, I tucked and rolled into the sand, yeah." Hahahahahaha.... so funny. NOT.

My adult boys do know not to post things on the internet that they don't want any employers to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter