Do you snore?

Not when I use my CPAP. Without it you can hear me 2 rooms away. Snored my whole life. Allergies, obstructed airway, and recently found out I have a deviated septum.

A C-pap machine works the best but if you snore and absolutely refuse to consider one, talk to your dentist about a night time mouth guard for snoring. My husband actually did not qualify for the C-pap after a sleep study but he had all the usual symptoms of sleep apnea. He asked his dentist for a mouth piece and the results are awesome. We both have so much more energy and feel healthier. The dentist did say there is only about a 60% success rate but if you are one of the 60. It is wonderful!

Only when I'm pregnant. Unfortunately for my husband, I'm pregnant with #6, and my oldest is 11. I guess there have been a lot of noisy the nights the past 12 years.

No, but I talk in my sleep.

DH snores, and unfortunately he is almost always the first to fall asleep

I was a very loud snorer until I started using my CPAP machine about 6 years ago. I don't snore while using the machine and use it all the time for sleeping. If I lay down to take a nap I use the CPAP.

Make sure you don't have sleep apnea. Most people that snore that badly do.

Another vote for a sleep study...for BOTH of you. The main symptom of sleep apnea is SNORING. Lots of LOUD snoring that often disturbs others in the household. And then there's the gasping. In fact, what happens is the snorer briefly stops breathing, then wakes up briefly to catch his breath. That can make it hard to get a good, restful night's sleep. Usually the snorer is unaware of these episodes.

Sleep apnea is nothing to mess around with. It can puts you at increased risk of liver problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, and stroke. It can also cause daytime fatigue, irritability, weight gain, memory problems, depressed mood, and loss of libido. Luckily there is treatment. Many people benefit from CPAP. Others may only need a mouth guard or a little oral surgery.

I have to tell you, I resisted CPAP for a long time. I didn't realize that my symptoms of fatigue, depression, and insomnia was all due to sleep apnea. It took about 2 weeks to get used to the CPAP, but now I've been using it for 8 years and I don't miss a single night. I take it when I go out of town, even on camping trips. CPAP gave me my life back.

I have large tonsils. Most of the issues you mention I have. I'm over weight now but even when I was a skinny kid I snored so loud. When I was little I slept in my moms room because ther wasn't room with my other sibling, well she would have to turn me over to my side just so I would stop. I've always had tonsil issues but doctors refuse to take them out. even now my tonsils are huge with craters from so many infections. I sometimes do gasp. I've lost about 10lbs since July and haven't noticed the gasping lately and I do sleep on my side now. I do need to look into a sleep study. Do I just let my doctor know? Or do I need to go to ENT? Are Cpap's super loud? do insurances cover it? Is it easy to take when traveling?

My CPAP makes no noise. My Doctor referred me to a sleep clinic. I'm on Medicare and supplemental insurance, all of the cost was paid by them. It's easy to travel with. It fits under the seat of an airline. I take an extension cord with me just in case the electric outlet isn't close to the bed in a hotel.

My CPAP makes no noise. My Doctor referred me to a sleep clinic. I'm on Medicare and supplemental insurance, all of the cost was paid by them. It's easy to travel with. It fits under the seat of an airline. I take an extension cord with me just in case the electric outlet isn't close to the bed in a hotel.

Thanks Gary

I have a CPAP. My insurance covered all of the sleep study (almost $5,000 for two sleep nights) and then I ended up paying about $300 towards the machine.

I hate it. I wear it, but I hate it.

DH is a huge snorer. Has a sleep study and was given a CPAP. He tried 3 different ones and could not sleep while using any of them. After 9 months of trying the doctor said some people cant use them. The doctor wasnt concerned that he quit. That was a year ago and now when I bring it up to the doctor he says it isnt that big of a deal.

I travel with mine frequently as well. The only hard part is I have a humidifier that needs distilled water. I've tried not taking the humidifier and ended up with a bloody nose. Usually any hotels I'm at are close enough to a CVS or whatever, but not always.

Since a CPAP is medical equipment, it does not count as your carry-on for flights either.

DH is a huge snorer. Has a sleep study and was given a CPAP. He tried 3 different ones and could not sleep while using any of them. After 9 months of trying the doctor said some people cant use them. The doctor wasnt concerned that he quit. That was a year ago and now when I bring it up to the doctor he says it isnt that big of a deal.

Maybe you need to send your DH to the Dr's house for a night :rotfl2:

I have a question for CPAP users.

How often do you replace the equipment?

Nasal Pillows
Water reservoir
Tubing

??????

I have a question for CPAP users.

How often do you replace the equipment?

Nasal Pillows
Water reservoir
Tubing

??????

I think I get a new face mask every 6 months. I think tubing is the same. I don't know that I would need to replace my water reservoir unless it broke. I have a filter on my mask and a filter on my machine that I'm supposed to clean/replace monthly as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter