Do you sneak food into the theater?

No, I don't. There's nothing better than movie theater popcorn. I'm not a candy eater so no big deal there. I'm not above doing that, I just see no reason to

Always buy popcorn and soda. Can't stand to hear others popcorn:: eating it if I don't have a bucket too. ::yes::

About half the time I'll bring my own box of Milk Duds because I'm not paying $6 for a box I can get for $1. I'm cheap that way. :rolleyes2

Not in many years, but I used to sneak burritos into the movies in my jacket pockets. With a drink from the snack bar, dinner and a movie!

I brought in my own reeses pieces last time I went to the movies. I bought popcorn and two sodas. It was $18. The candy they sell is $4.25. I bought the same candy at the grocery store for $1. Two movie tickets, two drinks and one popcorn to split cost just about $50.

Yes - we usually bring in drinks as my kids won't drink soda and that's about all there is. Sometimes we bring candy, sometimes not. If it's after a holiday like Halloween or Easter we usually bring a bunch of that to use it up, otherwise it never gets eaten. If we don't have any candy on hand, we will buy the popcorn.

Yes, on the rare occasion I go to the movies I will smuggle in food/drink. I guess I got my punishment for doing so. I waited 'til there was a booming preview to unscrew the cap. When I did, it spewed all in my lap.

I rarely go to the movies, but no, I would never sneak anything in. I either go without or buy something from the snack bar.

I worked at an AMC theater when I was in High School. The "no outside food" sign was up, but we didn't search anyone's bags. My manager told the guests the main reason was the liability issue over spilled outside food, but I'm sure it was more because of $$.

Unless you're obviously carting in a bunch of food (McDonald's bag in your hand), no one is going to say anything. I see no problem with discreetly bringing in small snacks that don't make a mess in a purse or something, as long as the trash is disposed of properly.

I definitely would not consider it unethical.

I worked at an AMC theater when I was in High School. The "no outside food" sign was up, but we didn't search anyone's bags. My manager told the guests the main reason was the liability issue over spilled outside food, but I'm sure it was more because of $$.

Unless you're obviously carting in a bunch of food (McDonald's bag in your hand), no one is going to say anything. I see no problem with discreetly bringing in small snacks that don't make a mess in a purse or something, as long as the trash is disposed of properly.

I definitely would not consider it unethical.

DH (my favorite attorney) said the theatre has no right to search your bags without a search warrant.

FWIW, the theatres we go to have a great loyalty program so we get very large drinks for $1.50 each, and free popcorn. But if we're craving a Snickers bar, we do bring them in.

Yep, I sure do! I'm allergic to corn and I don't like candy. I bring berries, almonds or cheese. Practically everything in a theater has corn or corn by products in it. If I'm going to make myself sick, it won't be over a movie!

No, I don't. When I was younger and broke I would, but now that we live more comfortably, I don't. We only see kids movies with the kids, and getting popcorn, soda (a rare treat) and candy is part of the experience.

Went to see Minions..and I did end up sneaking a box of candy in for ds. We did buy a large poocorn to share(4 of us) and 4 drinks. It ended up still costing me $30+ dollars not including tickets...So I didn't feel bad sneaking in a dollar box of candy..lol

I work at a movie theater and the general consensus is that so long as you pick up the trash, we aren't going to kick you out of the theater or anything. We know people do it.

Now, if you decide to leave your box or wrapper on the floor, we get pretty annoyed. But at that point there isn't much we can do.

I work at a movie theater and the general consensus is that so long as you pick up the trash, we aren't going to kick you out of the theater or anything. We know people do it.

Now, if you decide to leave your box or wrapper on the floor, we get pretty annoyed. But at that point there isn't much we can do.

I noticed when we were leaving the theater when we saw Jurassic World there was trash all over the floor. What is it about the movie theater that people think its okay to just leave their garbage all over? There are garbage cans just outside the theater doors and all along the hallway. I feel for you guys.

I don't sneak food in, but we don't go to the movies all that often. We go to the drive-ins and I love it because you can bring a carload full of food!

I noticed when we were leaving the theater when we saw Jurassic World there was trash all over the floor. What is it about the movie theater that people think its okay to just leave their garbage all over? There are garbage cans just outside the theater doors and all along the hallway. I feel for you guys.

I don't sneak food in, but we don't go to the movies all that often. We go to the drive-ins and I love it because you can bring a carload full of food!

That's probably the #1 complaint among all of us. We hate it when people leave trash on the floor. If you can carry it into the theater, is it that difficult to take it back out? At my theater, we usually stand outside with garbage bags while the people filter out. It's unbelievable the mess people make.

Pretty much always. I'm discreet (three cheers for the big purse), I don't bring in smelly food, and I throw out my own trash afterwards so I don't feel even remotely bad about it.

We go to movies once a year or so and don't feel the need for anything really. But yesterday we went to Jurassic World. You thought the seagulls at WDW were bad? Anyway, the tickets were free so we splurged on the chicken nuggets and a couple drinks. The food was gone before the movie started. I saw one lady go to the snack bar 3 times during the movie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter