Do You Smile When You Post?

All of the above. :goodvibes The disboard make me grin, laugh, cry, get angry, shake my head in confusion and sometimes in disbelief at what I read.
It's like an extended family or circle of friends to me.

I will not only act out my reactions If DBF is in the room I will turn to him explain what is funny and why most likely to receive a vacant stare in return?:confused:

then I say " well I thought it was funny!"

I will not only act out my reactions If DBF is in the room I will turn to him explain what is funny and why most likely to receive a vacant stare in return?:confused:

I've done and said the same thing to my husband:lmao: .......but turnaround is fairplay. He is on a Pittsburgh Pens board and does the same thing to me...:confused3

I almost always smile when I post, especially if recalling a fond memory from trips past.....

Seems like we all share "life" here on these boards and that involves laughing and crying, pleasure and pain......all of things that make life life.

Bob's passing made me realize that even though we might not be in the same neighborhood.....we are no less of a community.

I realize that word is a bit overused, but I cant think of a better one than that.

Just look at the posts when one of us is missing for more than a few days. Kim (Mommyceratops) has been quiet for a while and we sent a search party to make sure she's ok. I dont know about you....but I love that!

Lisa (Calypso) organized a meet in WDW and the folks in Indy had one at the same time. They were connected via cell phone and a celebration was had in both locations.

Just because we are connected electronically...or digitally....doesnt make us any less connected. In fact, I think it makes is more connected. I dont know about the rest of you, but I spend more time here than I do with the friends that live close.

I hope we will continue to make each other laugh, think, cry, spit diet coke or any of the other emotions that come up. There will be celebrations and sorrow, laughter and tears.....but that's what life is about. Thats what makes it glorious.

I am proud to be a part of this community.

Seems like we all share "life" here on these boards and that involves laughing and crying, pleasure and pain......all of things that make life life.

Bob's passing made me realize that even though we might not be in the same neighborhood.....we are no less of a community.

I realize that word is a bit overused, but I cant think of a better one than that.

Just look at the posts when one of us is missing for more than a few days. Kim (Mommyceratops) has been quiet for a while and we sent a search party to make sure she's ok. I dont know about you....but I love that!

Lisa (Calypsoa) organized a meet in WDW and the folks in Indy had one at the same time. They were connected via cell phone and a celebration was had in both locations.

Just because we are connected electronically...or digitally....doesnt make us any less connected. In fact, I think it makes is more connected. I dont know about the rest of you, but I spend more time here than I do with the friends that live close.

I hope we will continue to make each other laugh, think, cry, spit diet coke or any of the other emotions that come up. There will be celebrations and sorrow, laughter and tears.....but that's what life is about. Thats what makes it glorious.

Well said! I am also proud :thumbsup2

Lisa (Calypsoa) organized a meet in WDW and the folks in Indy had one at the same time. They were connected via cell phone and a celebration was had in both locations.

:hug: :hug: Very well said Kevin! You are so eloquent! :goodvibes

Lisa, I'm a big Goober! :thumbsup2

I don't want to be another "I agree" post, but too late!!!!

Thanks Kevin for expressing that so well. I found the podcasts in March, after I had been laid off of the job I created for my company - been there 8 years. The podcast really picked me up, helped me relandscape my yard, and then I joined the boards in June. I actually was a College of Knowledge trained travel agent for a year (time I took off of after some burnout in a radiology position), so being on the boards feels like an old pair of shoes!

I've now found a place where I could help others, ask questions and just have some kind of purpose to get me though my job hunt. I'm still out of work, waiting on the results of my last interview, but having the boards helps a bit!

The DIS has made me laugh,smile,cry and sometimes I have been :eek:

Thank goodness it is all within my four walls - now the podcast that is a different matter!!!!

.. and sometimes almost all at the same time :goodvibes

Why do you think I close the door to my office before I get on these boards?!?! I cannot help myself...

--Daneen

:) I do smile a lot plus some other expressions...even pirate-like. pirate: Pirate sounds effects can help with more frustrating threads.

Okay, great thread, but when I saw the title I though

"Do you breath in our out in your backswing?" Its an old joke to try to mess with someone golfing.

Anyway, I've been known to grin a bit, and I'm a very "emotionless" type of guy!

But I'm great in a crisis!!

Its exactly the same thing here. I get asked if i am talking to my invisable friends again! :lmao:

and me :hug:

Even though I am thousands of miles away I still feel close :)

Although can somebody tell me what a goober is :lmao:

Exactly! even accross the Atlantic i still feel part of the community! I love it!
And what is a goober?

I am very lucky, whenever my co-workers have a cigarette break, i have a DIS break! Makes it a bit fairer! :goodvibes

I used the word "goober" as reference to someone being silly. I believe it's actually a slang term for peanut. :thumbsup2

I have to wait till I see my DW at home later in the day to get that kinda stare. I view the boards on line at work, I try explain to my DW, I get that":confused3 " look.

Oh - well

Lisa (Calypso) organized a meet in WDW and the folks in Indy had one at the same time. They were connected via cell phone and a celebration was had in both locations.

Beautiful!!! Kevin have you ever thought of being a writer???

I couldn't agree more!

Yep, that made me tear up too. If being a goober is wrong, I don't want to be right! :laughing: (on screen and in real life)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter