Do you sleep with your spouse on vacation at WDW?

Do you sleep with your spouse or children on vacation?

• I always sleep with my spouse.

• I always sleep with my child(ren)

• Some nights my spouse, some nights my child(ren)

• It depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
After 12 or 13 my dd would not sleep with her brothers - many times in a hotel room it was me and dd in one bed, younger ds and dh in another bed, and oldest ds on a cot. We finally wised up and started getting 2 rooms.

I don't consider anything a vacation when I can't sleep with my hubby. We only have a double/full bed at home, so a double on vacation isn't a big deal to us. I don't sleep well without him.

I'm the youngest of many children, and my parents always shared a bed on vacation, and the kids shared, or someone was on the floor. (I was youngest, so I often ended up on the floor. I was also the one who kicked and shoved in her sleep, so no one wanted to sleep with me!) When one of my sisters had to share with me, we usually slept on the bed in sleeping bags. Even then I once pushed my older sister completely off the bed!

Whatever works. It all depends on the situation or resort. I've slept in the bed with my son and my wife. I don't care either way. It is very hard though if we have a full or double bed because I am used to sleeping in a king and having space. But, I don't sleep much at WDW anyway. I'm the last to fall asleep and I wake up no later than 6. I LOVE WDW, but I just don't get much sleep there. Now that I think about it, I don't sleep well anywhere but at home.

Did the title of the thread mislead anyone else? Sleep with my spouse as opposed to... picking someone up at the key party? :lmao:

Anywhoo...
When DH vacations with us, yes, we will sleep in the same bed.
Our last vacation we stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins, and Loved it! everyone got their own beds. Of course, we had to rotate who's turn it was for the top bunk.

When we have stayed at the All Star resorts without DH, i would bring 2 twin air mattresses for my oldest two, because I knew that if DS was sleeping on an air mattress, DD would want to also. And DS has to sleep on the floor, because he is a KICKER. Then my mom gets the other bed and i slept with my youngest.

DH & I always sleep together on vacation. DD sleeps in the other bed. She is a bedhog.

Our kids are like oil and water in bed. Maybe more like fire and gasoline. Fight all the time. That's why one is in a sleeping bag, inflatable. mattress or on a roll away.

For those of you that complain about snoring, PLEASE GO GET CHECKED OUT BY A SLEEP DOCTOR. It's serious and nothing to joke about. Besides the obvious 'stopping breathing' issues, there are numerous other medical reasons why it should be checked out. Please - for your sake and your spouse. PLEASE get checked.

Double beds - DH and I each get a bed, the kids get an air mattress

Queen or King - one of two scenarios: Either my DH and DS in one bed and my DD and I in the other, or DH and I in one bed, one kid in the other and one kid on an air matress.

Depends. Was my vote. At home we have a king and neither of us like to "touch" when we are sleeping ( Other times touching is good :lmao: just not sleep time). So we spread out the best we can to ensure the best sleep for everyone. Not always sleeping with my dh doesn't mean we don't :love: love each other. Believe me, we get Plenty of together time! :goodvibes

We don't have kids but rarely sleep in the safe bed on vacation. As with many others, we don't like being cramped or touching when sleeping -- and he untucks ALL the sheets, which I hate...I like them tucked in & tight -- an "vacation beds" are usually smaller than ours at home. That way, on vacation, we can each get a restful sleep!

Unless the vacation spot has a king -- then we sleep together. Man, we'd LOVE to have a king at home!

Based on another thread, I was surprised so many couples opt to sleep with their children rather than their spouse on vacation. Maybe it's because we both work demanding full time jobs but my DH and myself just couldn't imagine not sleeping with each other on our vacation.

So, I decided to do a poll.

Do you sleep with your spouse or children on vacation?

Used to be "with children" but when our son stopped rolling out of bed on vacation every. single. night. and bumping his head on the wall or floor, it was no longer an issue!:woohoo:

I used to sleep with my arm tucked all the way around him, tight! Even using pillows or tucking in the edges of the sheets wouldn't work. Ugh!

My husband and I sleep in the same bed. We've been quite lucky the last couple of trips. Our kids have slept in adjoining rooms with their grandparents!

At first I thought this was a trick question being the double entendre it is;)

I voted for sleeping with your spouse. I sleep with my spouse on vacation, wouldn't have it any other way:love:

It depends for us too. If the kids are fighting, which is common for them:rolleyes:, we will separate them. If there are plenty beds, then DH and I sleep together. It's no big deal either way to me.

I sleep with my spouse. Even when the kids were younger, we did not split up. We had a life before them and my plan is to have one once they've flown the coop. Keeping that connection is imperative on vacation and otherwise. :goodvibes
:thumbsup2
And i have to say (since other brought it up)we are not sleeping in the same bed to "do" anyhting--it is jsut that physical closeness and that habit of being together that we like and want to cultivate.
Also, yep it is tight putting DH who is 6'5" in a bed with another full sized adult (at home we have a king too) but we like to cuddle so it is possible, and switchign and sleepign with kids would not help THAT at all since both kids (ages 13 and 15) are taller and bigger than I am :rotfl:
On most trips, I sleep with my husband. There were a few trips when my boys were young that I slept with my youngest for a few nights. The boys were getting on each others' nerves, so it was just easier to sleep with the little one and shut him up.

Now they are older (teens) and they hate sharing a bed still- but will do so for vacation. The alternative is to stay home- which they would not be happy with!

Thank you for posting that. Reading along this morning I was starting to think I was the only "mean mom" out there. Past preschool age I figured the kids are old enough to know better and if they fight about sharing then the people who pay for their vacation can simply not pay for them to come along and complain the next time. They prefer to have their own space, but they get it and do not whine (and someone can always take the floor if they prefer).

On the flip side, since they were about 8 and 10, if the cost is not a lot more to get two rooms so that they can each have their own bed we do that (but if the cost to do so is more than a couple hundred for a week they can suck it up or not come).

On cruises it almost always works out that they can have their own cabin (which is really nice since it is a smaller space in general) and on land it is more often than not sharing if at a hotel but not if we ca rent a house.

On our next trip we are booked all 4 in one room, but the grandparents are coming and have a nearby room an have offered that one kid can stay in the second bed in their room--so that works out very nicely.:goodvibes

DH & I have always shared a bed, but I can certainly see why some families do not. Whatever works. Sleep is important.
We have two restless sleepers (DH & DD) and two VERY sound sleepers (DS and myself). DS and I can sleep through a stampede so nothing DD or DH would do could wake us. And we sleep so sound, we do not add to their sleep issues. :lmao: So, it works out great.
We'd have to invest in more rooms or an air mattress if the kids couldn't sleep together because DH swears he cnnot sleep without me in the bed, even at home.

I sleep with my daughter and my husband sleeps with my son. I am not comfortable having my 11 year old son sleep with my 17 year old daughter.

Due to the fact there are 6 of us we always have a DVC 2 bedroom. DH and I in one room and 2 kids in each queen bed in the other:thumbsup2

We sleep in one bed, our girls sleep in the other but if we had older, opposite sex children, we would probably split up, me with the girl, him with the boy. I doubt most tweens and teens would want to sleep with their opposite sex sibling.

When I was a little kid my mom would sleep with me and my brother and dad would sleep in the other bed. No way would I have slept with my brother- yuk. When I got a bit older my mom and I would get one hotel room and my dad and brother another- my father snored so loud we couldn't get any sleep if we were in the same room with him! Didn't bother my brother but my mom and I could not sleep! At home they always went to bed together but as soon as my father fell asleep and started to snore she moved to the couch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter