• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you scrap every event/roll of film?

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
Now that I am really into scrapping I love the pictures in a scrap book. But as all of you know it takes a lot of time. Time I don't have! So now I am rethinking what I want in my books. So what do all of you do?
I know I want Disney and trips in a book plus all school/sports etc...birthday parties
But just hanging out, bible school/chorus pictures even pool pics. Or even when we go to the zoo, I think I will just keep the pool pictures to a two page lay out with general pictures.
I need to get rid of these stacks of pictures!

We've only done 1 scrapbook so far and that's from our last trip to WDW. We're already accumulating the supplies for our August trip to DL and how the layouts might look in that scrapbook. We'll see where we go from there.

I am scrapping everything - including my childhood photos that were in magnetic albums!
I take TONS of pictures and it is getting ridiculous-

to the point here - my cousin has a great plan-
she buys the 4x6 picture pages (ya know the clear pages that hold 4 to 6 photos on each side depending on the album size) She scraps her favorites on 2 to 4 pages then puts 2 to 4 of those with just the regular photos.
It looks really nice -
and if she has time or energy and feels like scrapping a few more - she can go back and they are in order!

I have thought about doing this but - I don't know what I would do without my unorganized chaos! LOL
PattyT

Patty I actually have thought about doing that! If I could find pocket pages that would fit in my post bound albums. Or even creating some type of pocket to put the extra pictures in. Especially of our trips!
BUt it is out of control. I shoot close to a roll every 2 weeks and then if something is going on it is more! I can't believe I am even starting to think digital just for the ease...only print off the ones I want to scrap and burn the rest to a CD! Dang!I wish I didn't break my camera....and started using my mom's digital! I am slowly seeing the light! :p

Well, when I'm not having scrapper's block.... I take pictures of everything since we have a digital camera. My very favourite layouts that I have done have been the everyday ordinary things. Kate and kiki playing in a tree in the fall, the tree was absolutely gorgeous and they had no clue that I was taking pictures, and the other favourite layout is the two of them building fairy houses. (now granted, I did take those pics to the LSS and found the most perfect paper in the world for them and I even used some glitter....) I guess I like to scrap everything. :D maggie

I'm with you Nicurn -
those are my fav's too...
last week I got pics of my 2 yo ds trying to hook the bike trailer (the one that goes on by bike and fits two kids in) onto his itty bitty preschool bike - that was a half a rool of film! He spend an hour trying to hook that thing up! LOL

I have a digital and an SLR -
I'll take my SLR hands down!
The digital isn't the same quality unless you spend mucho bux on the camera - I will wait and in a few years when the prices come down consider upgrading but my $400 digital wasn't worth the $
my 2 cents thats all!

PattyT

I prefer my digital because I am free to take pictures of everything. I keep them all because inspirations seem to come all the time for SB pages.

My digital camera takes better pictures than my expensive 35 mm did.

A 3-4 megapixel camera is great if you are printing at 4x6 or 5x7. I did print several of mine from my old digital at 13x19 and people raved about the quality. I now have a 5 mp camera and love it.

I don't scrap all my photos but use them in cards, calendars, and photo albums.

I don't tend to take as many pictures as I used to since DD is almost 15. The oppurtunities don' present them selves as much but, I have been scrapping her life since birth and notices I am scrapping everything. I think it will be a great way for her to show her children the life she had as a child. I am just about to do her eighth birthday. I noticed when looking over the pictures and sorting them out that once she hit middle school there aren't as many everyday photos but more special occasion type photos.

Well that's my two cents.

PattyT was is an SLR camera?

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Great.....now I am back to wanting to scrap it all!
I was trying to cut the work load! HAHAHAHA
But I do think I may do seasonal pages to try and keep things in order/accounted for. That is what I did for the pool season last year. I did 4 page spread for each kid but it was pictures taken at the pool through out the summer. Same with this winter and sledding. I usually do a friend's page or if the kids are playing dress up....

I always get double prints made-sometimes triples if I think my dd is going to want some of them. One set goes into a regular album-or they would if I were caught up writing on the back of them. The second set, I pick out the best of the best and that is what I scrap.

I have a 3mp digital and only print the pictures I want to crop into a layout. The rest are stored onto a CD. When we use a 35mm camera for whatever reason, I crop some and put the rest into an album for safekeeping.

Alot of people that I know keep both scrapbooks and traditional photo albums. But, I know some scrappers that scrap every picture. It's just up to each person's personal style.

My mother never put pictures into albums or anything. She has boxes and boxes of unorganized, unrecognizable pictures that no one knows who/what/where/etc. So, my personal rule is that every picture gets catalogued somehow so that 20 years from now we have a clue what we're looking at. Otherwise, IMO, taking pictures is a waste of time/money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter