Do You Rope Drop?

Nope I'm on vacation I am not waking up at 6 so I can stand at the front of a park not open yet. I get the idea of it but have no desire. I am on call every 3rd weekend when I'm working. I like to relax on vacations and know no one is going to page me at 3:30 am to come to work. We get to do everything we want with out any issue, all the headliners, all the shows. Arrive at 10:30 stay till 2 go back to the GF or CR relax head back out for a park and dinner.

If we go out out(Jellyrolls) the day after we will usually have room service bring breakfast and may not go to the park till 3-4 or go at all that day. Why rush and stress if I get to do everything I want and relax?

I was at Magic Kingdom once for an early morning tour. Let into the park about 45 minutes before it opened. The tour didn't start until the park had opened so they let us mill around and take pictures. TomorrowLand, FantasyLand and AdventureLand was roped off, but we had full access to Main Street and the Castle circle. We got some fantastic photos of the place.

Then they did the opening show and the RopeDroppers stampeded inside. I'll never forget that. My poor uncle nearly got trampled in the process.

You guys can keep the craziness of Rope Drop. I think you're all insane (and some are just plain rude). I'll happily stay late and close up the parks on EMH nights. 3:48am on Main Street NYE enjoying the decorations and listening to Christmas music is more my style. And no CMs were waiting to run over me to get to some silly ride.

OP, if your boys are that gung ho for Space Mountain wish them luck and send them on their way. Then you sleep in and have a relaxing morning instead. You're NOT missing anything.

We've done rope drop twice (once at MK and at HS), and to me it's not worth it. But then again, I've been to WDW eight times now (nine this May), so getting to the big attractions is not as important anymore.

I'm like a big kid myself so when we go to any parks we are there at rope drop.

That's not to say I get there an hour early or anything, although when I went to Epcot for Christmas Day we were out there an hour prior to rope drop and were treated to an early opening of the Land Pavilion and first dibs on soarin.

I like getting my moneys worth. If I'm going to the park, I'm there open to close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter