Do you rewatch shows?

DisFanGuy

Earning My Ears
My family is going on our second cruise on the Dream next year. We plan to watch the Beauty and Beast show but we’ve already seen Believe and the Golden Mickey shows. Is it worth it to rewatch the shows? If not what else do you do during that time?

My family is going on our second cruise on the Dream next year. We plan to watch the Beauty and Beast show but we’ve already seen Believe and the Golden Mickey shows. Is it worth it to rewatch the shows? If not what else do you do during that time?
We’ve watched all the shows on the ships at least twice, and sometimes more than that. If we don’t really want to watch one, we like to use that time for the Aquaduck and movies on Funnel Vision.

I love Believe and Golden Mickeys, so yes. I definitely go again. Unless you are cruising again less than 9 months after your initial one, it will almost definitely be a different cast - and that can yield subtle differences.

I only like the made from movie shows (BATB is my favorite) so I wasn't thrilled with the others the first time around although we have seen some two and three times. We've recently just stopped going to them. Since we have late dinner we just use that time as an extension of our day.

Have seen all the shows numerous times. Out DD can’t get enough of them.

After 19 Disney cruises for the most part I will say no, but there are some I have seen multiple times. Disney Dreams for example, I would not miss when on the classic ships. Aladdin is one I feel you can enjoy over and over (and i like doing a show on formal night). I do look forward to seeing B&TB for the first time on our upcoming cruise, but even doing B2Bs, I will probably only see that once.

As for what we do when not seeing the shows, usually by skipping the show we can stay at the pool/pool bar later and relax. There's no rushing around to get ready before the show.

We are about to enjoy cruise #6 (#4 on the Wonder). We have always gone to every show, but for the first time we are considering skipping the Golden Mickeys. We may still end up there if there’s nothing else to do, but since we cruise every year I think I could start skipping a show or two.

When our son was younger, yes, we did see a few repeats as he really enjoyed them. As he got older (he's now an adult), we found ourselves skipping the shows more and more. It's a really nice time to enjoy a quiet(er) ship or to just sit on the balcony and enjoy a glass of wine.

There are different casts performing the show making them each a little different. When possible, I like to watch the shows on the cruise, even if I have seen them before. The only exception was Toy Story when it was on the Wonder. I didn't care for that show, so I only saw it once.

One of the reasons we cruise DCL is for the shows, so we do tend to watch them each cruise. The only time we haven's is on our 2 B2B cruises - since for us it's the same "trip", we just spread the shows out and didn't worry about seeing them twice. When skipping shows, we usually relax in a lounge (there's often music or other activities), people-watch in the atrium, enjoy the pool deck and watch the sunset, etc. We've often used the time to get good seats for the variety acts in the club and just relax.

We have seen the same shows over and over, and they are like old friends. We still enjoy it. :cutie: To me, it's not so unlike any family's favorite movies. My family has seen Elf about a gazillion times, and even as an adult, I still find it charming. We have watched the older Disney movies over and over and over. So for us, YES, we love the experience of dressing for (late) dinner and going into that beautiful Walt Disney Theatre, finding a seat and enjoying the show. Then we go to a nice quiet lounge and enjoy relaxing until our dinner time. For us it makes for an altogether lovely evening. :love:

We would be going to Palo or Remy. Swim in the pool. Do the Aquaduck. Play Mini-Golf. Go to the spa. Have a drink on the balcony or on lounger chairs on deck 4. Shopping? Go to the movies? (Not my favorite choice but better than seing Believe or GM again).

On our Fantasy 3 night a couple of weeks ago we only watched Aladdin. On one of the other nights we did trivia in O'Gills, and we sat and enjoyed the view at Satellite Falls the other night. However, we don't have kids with us anymore so we have more flexibility. On the Dream next June we will probably just go to Beauty and the Beast as we were on the Dream in 2016 and saw the other ones.

I have seen all the shows multiple times, except Aladdin which I didn't care for. What I won't do however is watch the same show on back to back nights. So I'm hoping that that practice goes away. I have enjoyed almost all the variety performers I've seen on my Disney cruises, and would much rather have more of that then back to back showings of Believe.

No once was enough. I usually work out at that time. After that O gills for beer, veggies and dip and the adult music trivia.

So far the only ship we've been on more than once is the Wonder. We went to all of the shows each time we sailed on her. We were able to see Frozen twice on our last sailing. I would see it over and over again, loved it! We'll be going on the Fantasy for our second time next year. I didn't care for the shows the first time we saw them, so don't plan on seeing them again. Will probably go on the Aquaduck one or two nights, not sure what else we will do. I'm sure it will feel odd to miss the shows since we've never missed them before, but there is always so much to do and not enough time.

We haven't skipped any shows. I really don't like Believe. My husband and daughter don't like it either, so I'd be willing to skip that one on our next sailing, but we're bringing my daughter's friend who hasn't been on a Disney cruise, so we'll go to all the shows again for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter