• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you remember Empress Lilly boat character meal?

disney meema

DIS Veteran
Now it's Fultons but do you remember when it was Empress Lilly and had a character breakfast? I took my kids back in the day and curious if anyone else remembers way back when and went to this character meal there? I think it was in the early 80's

I remember (vaguely) a non character dinner there in about 1978.

Yes I think they only had the character breakfast and the rest of the day it was regular dining . Glad I'm not the only one old enough to remember when it was empress Lilly : )

My parents took us to eat there when we went for our first ever Disney trip. That was in 94 or 95. I think when we went back to Disney 2 or 3 years later, it wasn't there anymore.

That is actually my earliest Disney memory! I was probably around 4yo, definitely early 80's. Sure wish I could take my kids there, especially my DD whose name is Lily :(

It's also my 3 kids first memory or disney world. I remember they brought your plates to the table with breakfast for a fixed price. I wish I could remember the price? It was by reading the history of the restaurant one of the very first character breakfasts. I am sure that's why I took my kids there since I don't remember other places to take them back then for character meal

That is actually my earliest Disney memory! I was probably around 4yo, definitely early 80's. Sure wish I could take my kids there, especially my DD whose name is Lily :(

Oh for sure with her name being Lily it would be special? I was reading on Wikipedia that walks wife Lillian was there the day it opened

We didn't always eat there but we visited the Empress Lilly on every trip. We always stopped at Lake Buena Vista on our last day after we checked out of the Polynesian and before we started our sad drive back home.

We visited WDW yearly from 1975 to 1983. We went twice in 1976 because we were also there for the Bicentennial. Amazing memories.

I don't think we were there for the character breakfast, though. I think we ate lunch there sometimes.

We didn't always eat there but we visited the Empress Lilly on every trip. We always stopped at Lake Buena Vista on our last day after we checked out of the Polynesian and before we started our sad drive back home. We visited WDW yearly from 1975 to 1983. We went twice in 1976 because we were also there for the Bicentennial. Amazing memories. I don't think we were there for the character breakfast, though. I think we ate lunch there sometimes.
Yep we always stopped at lake Buena vista to go shopping and eat before heading home too. We still spend a few hours there before our plane heads home all these years later. I forgot until you reminded me it was called lake Buena vista. So my guess is the shopping area is soon having it's 3rd name, lake Buena vista, downtown disney and soon to be Disney Springs. Started as a lake and soon to be a springs : )

Yes I remember the Empress Lily. My parents took me when i was two so about 1977 and then again in 1979-1980. My mom always asks me if it's still there. I think we may have went in 1988. My earliest memories of a character was the pudgy guy can't think of his name with the belly and glassss riding jet skis at the Contemporary.

Yes I remember the Empress Lily. My parents took me when i was two so about 1977 and then again in 1979-1980. My mom always asks me if it's still there. I think we may have went in 1988. My earliest memories of a character was the pudgy guy can't think of his name with the belly and glassss riding jet skis at the Contemporary.

I just can't remember his name either? ummm was it chubby and the something?

1) It was my FIRST character meal at WDW.
2) I still have the picture of Pluto trying to swallow my head!

The Steerman's Quarters aboard the EL was our favorite dining spot at WDW for a long time. I don't recall every having a meal with characters though.

1) It was my FIRST character meal at WDW. 2) I still have the picture of Pluto trying to swallow my head!
I think I have a picture of my daughter with Pluto trying to swallow her head too, so funny that I think it's a polaroid picture so very old school : )

We ate at the character breakfast here in 1983 and again in 1985(I think). I have a picture with a character that was the captain of the ship (maybe?) wearing a blue admirals outfit. I was very young at the time, but loved going on the ship. Too bad it changed:worried:

Now it's Fultons but do you remember when it was Empress Lilly and had a character breakfast? I took my kids back in the day and curious if anyone else remembers way back when and went to this character meal there? I think it was in the early 80's

Yes.

We ate at the character breakfast here in 1983 and again in 1985(I think). I have a picture with a character that was the captain of the ship (maybe?) wearing a blue admirals outfit. I was very young at the time, but loved going on the ship. Too bad it changed:worried:

Yes I remember the captain welcoming guest aboard and I'm sure I have a picture somewhere of him with us and our kids.

The Baton Rouge Lounge was a quite a hopping place if my memories don't deceive me. We ate at the EL in summer '85 -- don't remember if it was Steerman's Quarters or Fisherman's Deck -- and it was a good time.

Remember the Empress Room? Before Victoria & Albert's it was the most elegant dining spot in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter