Do You Recommend Hollywood & Vine?

simba2

DIS Veteran
Have PS for Hollywood & Vine. Never eaten there before. Will we like it or be disappointed? We've eaten at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace buffets. Is H&V the same, better or worse?

We really enjoyed H&V. There's a lot of variety there, and we thought everything we tried was good. I've never been to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace so I can't compare H&V to those.

I did not like H&V as much as I liked CM's and CP. I truly didn't like the atmosphere and our server left alot to be desired in comparisioin to the other two. But, that is just one woman's opinion.

Anne

H&V is on par with CP and CM's. If you liked those, you'll like this, except H&V has no characters like the other two. But the food selection is similar and pretty good.

We just had dinner ther on Dec. 6th., it was great! The priority seating for the Fantasmic show was also great. The food was excellent!!!! My only dislike was the price for kids! $12.00 for my daughter to eat 2 chicken nuggets and a bowl of ice cream at 3 years old was alot!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, can't recommend it. Below is my experience that I posted on another forum awhile back:

I ate at Hollywood and Vine a few years ago and it was disgusting. The food wasn't hot and the server we had was a bit strange. It is also extremely noisy in there with all the aluminum furniture. Our waiter wouldn't leave our table. He talked to us for about 10 minutes straight while our lukewarm food got colder. It was very awkward and uncomfortable. We like talking to Disney castmembers, but this guy was weird.
At the end of the night I spent the evening reliving what I'd eaten

We ate there for the first time this summer and it got mixed reviews. I LOVED it. The buffet items are a bit more exotic than CP or CM, but my DS and DD didn't care much for it. DH just enjoys any food.
My advice is always to try it for yourself. Then you can decide. I was disappointed in the decor. It's just one huge room with table everywhere...was thinking it would be more intimate and classy what with the price charged. Make your PS and enjoy. :cool1:

We loved it. We ate at CP and HV and I would go back to HV again. It had GREATfood for the price and it waswarm and tasty.

We went to H&V last week w/the Fantasmic package. 1st off....our waitress was just okay. Nothing to write home about, however, it could have been due to how busy the restaurant was. It was just DH & I, and I know now that we would have enjoyed eating at Brown Derby better.

However, if you have children, they will like this place. They have a build your own sundae ;-)

I thought the food was better than Chef Mickey, and the variety was plenty. DH is a picky eater, and he found enough to eat to fill his tummy. From a scale to 1-10, I found it to be a 6. I wouldn't go again, but I think if you have an opportunity to visit...I would just for the experience. What other's may not like, you might find enjoyable. We just found the quality of the food to be blah.

We really didn't enjoy it. It is probably on our "worst buffet" list as far as WDW goes.

My wife and I had a meal there over Thanksgiving week -- deciding to try it on a whim -- and were pleasantly surprised!

The selections are many and varied, and delicious. The seared pork was superb, and my wife raved about the salmon.

The atmosphere isn't anything special -- intentionally so, I think -- and the service CAN be spotty when it's busy. But we went during the first available seating, at 3:30 (admittedly early for dinner) and by the end of the meal we were saying, "We will DEFINITELY come back." The deserts, btw, were also exceptional: tiny cheesecakes and moonpies! :love:

I have mixed feelings about H&V. I have done it twice now for the FDP. On the one hand it certainly is the best value of any of the dinner packages, and the food is good. One thing I like about buffets is that I feel like I will get my money's worth one way or the other, even if I end up having three servings of desserts. What I don't like about H&V is that it tends to be quite loud. It just doesn't make for a relaxing dining experience. So I guess it depends on what you're loooking for. It is a good value, especially if you have kids or picky eaters in your group, or both!

I think it is personal preference. I have done all 3 and liked all three of them even though they were all different. HB&V has a little different menu but I liked it. I think CM is more traditional while CP and HB&V tries your willingness to try new flavors. I enjoyed it but the best thing I can say is, to try it and if you don't like, don't do it again!

Gina

We ate there last week and the food was good. But it does lack character and we had to wait over 30 mins with PS's.

We ate there in October and loved it. DH is a meat and potatoes guy, I love seafood, DD13 is a vegetarian, DD11 and DS9 love variety and DD7 is picky with a capital P. We had a great meal, good service, and all left full and happy. Having the dessert variety is fantastic. We will do it again every time for the FDP. We have done BD before and like H&V much better :smooth:

We were there once in 2001 when it was a character buffet and we were not all that impressed with it. Maybe someday we may give it another try but it will be a while off.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner there, just DH and myself and the food was excellent, service was good and our server was attentive. We even got seated within five minutes of our arrival time. I recommend it highly for food and service.... :sunny:

We always go here to eat and get the fantasmic package so we dont have to wait in line to see the show. During the busy times of year, this is worth the price of the meal alone. THe food is great, we have never had any problems with not being able to find things to eat on the buffet. As for service, this is a buffet so the only thing the wait staff will be bringing you is drinks etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter