Do you really know your neighbor??

I had a grow house (marijuana) next door to me about 4 years ago! I live in a nice neighbourhood too! The house sold and people moved in who were supposed to have 2 kids. At least that is what the people moving out we told by the real estate agent. Since I teach at the local school I introduced myself to the man who appeared to be moving in one day. He didn't speak much English and when I mentioned his children he looked puzzled. Then I never say anyone in the yard etc. This is a fairly new subdivision and the homes are very close together. He did all the right things like hand out candy at Halloween and put up a tree at Christmas but no one seemed to live there. It was really weird and I am not normally very observant.
I mentioned it to a neighbour who mentioned it to a friend who was a police officer. He told me to call a detective he worked with. I did and 5 minutes into the conversation he told me it was a grow house. Within two weeks everything was gone from the house and it was up for sale.
I was very upset when the electric company guys showed up and dug a trench between the houses and told me I was lucky there wasn't a fire because they had cut into the power there. My DD bedroom window was less than 5 feet away.
So the moral of this story - pay attention to new neighbours!

Well when I moved in I came from having TERIBBLE neighbors. So I was hell bent on NOT talking to anybody on my street.

Met the people across the street. They are nice but always making comments about my husband working on the house. "please tell your hubby he is making me look bad". Just waved and talk every so often

Guy nexted to him has kids he can't control. Outside all hours of the night with the bass going in there cars.

Guy on other side of me> Accident waiting to happen!!!! Knows everybodies business and tells it to everybody else around town.

Elderly Lady and her grandson. Who my deck backs up to there driveway. GREAT Neighbors. Take my trash cans in all the time even when I was home. Watched my house when ever needed. Talk to my kids gave them really cute dolls at christmas. Well she fell back in Dec and broke her hip and had to move in with her daughter. SO they sold the house. :sad: :sad: :sad:

People who moved in. Terrible!!!They party all night long adn don't care about anybody around here. I went away last week and I was told they cliimbed the fence in my yard and used my pool which was locked. So they cimbed over the railing(it is an above ground pool) Like I said my driveway is right up agaist my deck. My husband goes away all the time so I don't want to start anything with them because I'm alone to much. BUt I bought a deer hunters camera so I can catch them in my yard again. That I will report Because god forbid somebody drowned it would be my fought even thought yard and pool were both locked.

I like the kind of neigbor that you just wave hello too and nothing else. The elderly lady and her grandson were the only great neighbors I have ever had.

I feel for all of you..... We live in a very nice neighborhood w/some great neighbors. We talked of moving 2 years ago...to a bigger house,,but we actually like our neighbors so much we remodeled the whole house and added on. (I can only pray that IF someone needs to move,,, we get lucky...all the neighbors agree right now that we are all very lucky) However, I would not hesitate to move if I had a huge issue w/a neighbor.

I have to say that the nerve of some people... like those that will crawl over a locked fence to swim in your pool... what are they thinking? Or not thinking! :confused: :headache:

I feel for all of you..... We live in a very nice neighborhood w/some great neighbors. We talked of moving 2 years ago...to a bigger house,,but we actually like our neighbors so much we remodeled the whole house and added on. (I can only pray that IF someone needs to move,,, we get lucky...all the neighbors agree right now that we are all very lucky) However, I would not hesitate to move if I had a huge issue w/a neighbor.

I have to say that the nerve of some people... like those that will crawl over a locked fence to swim in your pool... what are they thinking? Or not thinking! :confused: :headache:

I thank god they are only renting because the guy who bought the house lives on the other side of them and is seeing everything they are doing. I haven't told him about the pool. I want to have proof. So maybe when their lease is up he can get rid of them.

I have never in my whole life had good neighbors (except for the lady and her grandson)

I love my house and the school so I don't want to move.

THis isn't up to date...I looked up my address and they had the previous owner in my house:scared: !!! :eek: EWWWW!!! Well luckily everyone knows me and knows I'm not a man hahaha for starters!!! I have lived there for 6 years...so if I were you I would go to your local police data bank and look there for predators etc...JMHO!!! You can never be too careful...but you should get to know your neighbors they have helped me out more than once I can tell you that!!

yep..mine actually threated me last night. Him and his GF were doing their normal 2am fighting.. than the cops showed up. I wasnt the one that called. But he was outside saying my name andsaying keep it up. I guess he thinks I called. Havent heard a peep since 3:30 am. I guess they are still sleeping off their high.

Im lucky I guess. I got to move back into the house I grew up in and my uncle lives above me, another uncle lives below me, and a family friend lives in my late uncles home now. I live on a mountain side and its a family owned mountain so no "problem" to encounter......

My house apparently doesn't exist becuase the site was "unable to locate the address" entered!

Keep in mind, too: that's only the offenders who have registered. Those who have moved without informing their caseworkers are out there somewhere too. And all those predators who won't be arrested until next week or next month-- theyr'e out there too.

I'm not sure there IS such a thing as "clean" with respect to this stuff.

I am not sure this is up to date. I put in my address (neighborhood is 9 years old), and it showed me offenders in a neighborhood about 10-12 miles away. My immediate area of town showed nothing, and I know this isn't accurate from having looked at the state offender registry.

Lisa

My state must not support that feature. The only thing I can see for my state are sex offenders, which are also listed on familywatchdog and on local police websites.

Is it really necessary to look up your neighbors and see who has traffic violations???

I just looked up my neighborhood, and that of a relative who I KNOW has a criminal record. Here is what I found:
In my neighborhood, there is a listed someone who no longer lives here. Oh, and the 'crime' was a traffic violation (she hit a pedestrian, and it was the pedestrians fault...I know both the 'criminal' and the 'victim' in this case).

In my relatives neighborhood, he is listed as having a traffic violation 3 years ago. But the charge listed is incorrect.

What happened to 'you do the crime, you do the time' , then let the person get on with thier life???

I also looked up a neighborhood where we own property out of state, and apparently, the address where I own property does not exist.:confused3

What happened to 'you do the crime, you do the time' , then let the person get on with thier life???

I think the concern is that they do the crime, do the time, and then do another crime. So many criminals out there are repeat offenders. It's a vicious cycle.

I only got the sex offenders listed in our area (central Illinois) through this site. We moved to our new house a year ago - a quiet, safe, kid-friendly neighborhood with no crime. Our old neighborhood had about FOUR offenders all within 2 blocks of the old house.....sorry, but just because someone does time and "paid their debt to society" doesn't mean I'm content with them living in my neighborhood.

My area was very clean as well. Just a couple of traffic offenses and one theft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter