Do you read the Obituaries

I have been reading the obituaries for a long time. I was a home health nurse for more than 20 years so I would see familiar names regularly. Now that I am living 3 hours away from that area I go on-line every morning to read the paper (that we subscribed to for 26 years) to keep up to date and that definitely includes the obits.

Yes. People fascinate me and I am interested in their life stories. I wish more of them would list the cause of death.

Although I do admit I find some unbelievable things in people's obits. Most likely information the surviving family members got wrong.

I like going to the cemetery to read headstones too, and notice the same thing there, unbelievable or impossible things on the headstones. There is a cemetery a few blocks from my work (been there since 1850) , and I walk through there on my lunch break reading headstones. One headstone caught my attention, said a guy was a Vietnam vet. Problem is, he was born the same year I was, so I know he would have been 14 or 15 when U.S. troops pulled out of Vietnam.

Not as a rule. We've never lived more than a few years in the same place, and have only lived here for 4 years. So no long ties to anyone in the community. When we find out through emails, facebook, etc that someone we know has passed away, I'll go online to look at their obit.

Although I do admit I find some unbelievable things in people's obits. Most likely information the surviving family members got wrong.

I like going to the cemetery to read headstones too, and notice the same thing there, unbelievable or impossible things on the headstones. There is a cemetery a few blocks from my work (been there since 1850) , and I walk through there on my lunch break reading headstones. One headstone caught my attention, said a guy was a Vietnam vet. Problem is, he was born the same year I was, so I know he would have been 14 or 15 when U.S. troops pulled out of Vietnam.

I do that, too! I've never noticed that as far as dates go but now I will, I'm sure. I also don't believe that EVERY single person is beloved. Seriously, how many jerks do we meet in life and not one grave I've found had said "somewhat liked" or "pompous, but funny" on them. I did find one referencing a cheeseburger. I'd love to hear that story.

I wonder if the Vietnam Vet was a family mistake or a military one?

No, I haven't read a newspaper since I moved from Philly. I usually find out on Facebook that someone is sick or has died.

Although I do admit I find some unbelievable things in people's obits. Most likely information the surviving family members got wrong. I like going to the cemetery to read headstones too, and notice the same thing there, unbelievable or impossible things on the headstones. There is a cemetery a few blocks from my work (been there since 1850) , and I walk through there on my lunch break reading headstones. One headstone caught my attention, said a guy was a Vietnam vet. Problem is, he was born the same year I was, so I know he would have been 14 or 15 when U.S. troops pulled out of Vietnam.

There is a huge cemetery around here that is gorgeous, it's honestly a great place to take walks in the summer. We walked by a headstone one day that said in huge letters at the top 'I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK'.

There is a huge cemetery around here that is gorgeous, it's honestly a great place to take walks in the summer. We walked by a headstone one day that said in huge letters at the top 'I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK'.

My favorite is on TV talk show host Merv Griffins headstone.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=20909851

20909851_119717293933.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter