• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you re-wear your clothes in Disney?

For me, it depends what time of year I go. If it's in September, I pack an outfit for every day plus a couple of extra tops. If it's in cool weather, I'll wear a pair of jeans 2 or 3 times, so I pack fewer "bottoms" at that time of year. Still plenty of tops, though! And always, always extra underthings!

Ditto. In cooler weather I bring a pair of jeans, and a few capris. All t-shirts, 1 hoodie. The bottoms get worn 2 - 3 times and the hoodie will get worn daily. Washed 1x mid week.

Summer...if we go back to the hotel, we go swimming mid day then shower, change. I will put the same bottoms on, but new shirt and unders.

Some people call me a minimalist. I don't think I'm that extreme.

I only own 10 outfits (not including a few dresses and PJ's).

I have had the hot humid sweaty days in the summer and will just shower and change into the next days clothes early and make sure I get to a washer sooner.

You are who I aspire to be! We are trying to be minamialists. With having "work" clothes and "home" clothes, it is hard to get it to too small of a number, but we are getting there.

If I didn't need work clothes, I think I could live with 2 - 3 pairs of jeans, 4 t-shirts, a hoodie, and then socks, unders, and 2 pairs of shoes. I don't need much.

We pack minimally, 1/2 the number of outfits than days we are staying. So we rewear clothes, but only after they've been washed.

When going during the really hot and humid months, I'm a two outfit a day kind of girl. We all strip to underwear for our afternoon nap, then change into fresh clothes for our evening. No way could I re-wear any item of clothing without washing, but I won't judge those who do. :cool1:

I think when you go plays a big part. If it's summer NO WAY! Two outfits sometimes THREE during a summer travel. Even last week I got a little sweaty. In the winter I can go two or three days wearing jeans before washing them.

Yes, when you go plays a big part in wearing your clothes twice

Also, how long you stay for, whether you are willing to do laundry, whether you are willing to check luggage, how convinent the laundry is (if you are in a DVC unit or other condo type unit - and the laundry is right there in your room - throwing in a load at bedtime, moving it to the dryer in the morning, and fluffing it and folding when you get back from the parks each day isn't a big deal at all).

I wear my clothes at home several times before washing - most of my work clothes are delicate care and last a lot longer with fewer washes. But I'm not out in the heat. And jammies - I was raised that you wash your jammies with your sheets once a week. (Towels too, a fresh towel every day was wasteful and way too much laundry for my mother!)

I never re-wear clothes from the parks...I just feel too dirty wearing them again (no matter the season). I always do laundry on vacation. If we are on property I do it while the kids swim, every couple of days (we did stay at BLT once and it was wonderful to have the W/D in the room!!!).
We just had our first stay at Bonnet Creek and I did laundry everyday. I just gathered it from everyone after we showered and threw it in...easy peasy! I had done this previously at BLT (washed every night) and we could have gone with 2 outfits for the whole trip!
I do not cook on vacation, but laundry is another thing. I would rather do one small load each night than to come home to loads and loads of dirty stinky laundry.
After it was washed and dried I threw it on the bed and told everyone to come get and fold their own clothes (which wasnt much....just an outfit, socks, underwear) and put it back with their stuff. 6 people generate a lot of laundry if you dont do it everyday:goodvibes

No, just can't do it. I do over pack and at times have had laundry service or threw things in the washer if it was close to the room.

We are going for 8 days and I think I am planning on washing mid-stay. I don't mind wearing jeans a couple times, but I have a feeling we'll need to wash bottoms more than tops. Frankly we'll be buying shirts, so the kids can wear those.

So I think I'll plan on 4 bottoms and 4-5 tops plus what ever we buy. Then a hoodie for each since we'll be going in December. I am not sure what the weather will be like, but in Oregon, 70 degrees is heaven, so we'll be in shorts and capris, most likely. Just call me a tourist. :rotfl2:

Nope! In winter I wear one outfit per day and wear it just once.

In summer I plan on two outfits per day and wear them just once. I even change my shoes, wearing the sneakers in the am and waterproof sandals in the afetrnoon, evening when it is more likely to rain/thunderstorm.

In summer I plan on doing some laundry a couple of times for a week long stay.

Nope! In winter I wear one outfit per day and wear it just once.

In summer I plan on two outfits per day and wear them just once. I even change my shoes, wearing the sneakers in the am and waterproof sandals in the afetrnoon, evening when it is more likely to rain/thunderstorm.

what a great idea- we have encountered soggy sneakers more than once, not pleasant. in fact, one time we were coming back from a trip around the world, when we were totally soaked, the puddles were like lakes and we ended up throwing our sneakers away.

In summer I plan on doing some laundry a couple of times for a week long stay.

i do laundry everyday, but still overpack- maybe next year i'll finally manage to pack lighter-i' ve just shared this statement with my dh and he gave me this reaction :rotfl2:

I pack for about 2/3 of the trip and do a load or two of laundry-- usually on the down day that we plan into our time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter