Do you re-wear your clothes in Disney?

katie111

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at some packing threads for ideas on how to cut down on my packing. I am a chronic overpacker. However, I don't get how people only bring for example 8 tops & 4 bottoms for an 8 day trip to Disney (assuming they are not planning to do laundry). I find that I feel so gross after a day in the parks, I can't wait to take off my dirty clothes & take a shower. I can't even imagine putting those same clothes on again another day. I guess that's why we never take afternoon breaks. I would feel like everyone would have to shower & put on clean clothes before we head out again. I certainly wouldn't lay down in bed for a nap in my clothes from the park.

How do other people handle this? Am I just a clean freak? I'm already planning to bring at least 7 outfits each for our 5 day trip.

i will rewear bottoms but not tops. i do change when we go back to the room (we are afternoon nap/pool people) and wear a different outfit for the evening. i hang them up for awhile and then put them away. next time i wear them ill hang them up and downy wrinkle release them. ive never felt dirty. obviously if i got something on them i wouldnt, but after just a regular day i dont mind.

The last time we were at Disney. I had noticed clothwashers at the French Quarter when we stayed there. Look around and you'll find them.

I usually rewear stuff for every trip. Especially first and last day, since the clothes worn to the airport are usually going to match the weather the day we return. I also figure for the first & last day I'll be spending most of the time sitting on an airplane, so the "dirt" level isn't too bad. At home I'm a bit of a neat freak about clothes, but on vacation unless something is rank I'd rather spend the time having fun than in the laundry room, so I'll re-wear certain things.

This trip we had a w/d in our room, which was awesome.

I can re-wear clothes in my everyday life, but not at Disney. Between the sweat brought on by the heat and humidity and the dirt from touring the parks, re-wearing those clothes would make me feel disgusting. Our last two trips have been in May and August. There were days where I wore two sets of clothes because we'd get so soaked in sweat in the morning, go back to the resort to swim, and then head back out to a park in the evening. I couldn't stand putting the same dirty clothes on.

I packed laundry detergent and washed clothes 1/2 way through the trip. We were at CSR and the laundry room was close to the quiet pool. I threw a load in and sat by the pool watching DD swim.

I am a chronic overpacker.
me too! i believe it's genetic, and there is no cure!

I find that I feel so gross after a day in the parks, I can't wait to take off my dirty clothes & take a shower.
i generally don't last a whole day in my clothes, we tend to visit wdw in august-it's sticky and sweaty-ugh!

I can't even imagine putting those same clothes on again another day. I guess that's why we never take afternoon breaks. I would feel like everyone would have to shower & put on clean clothes before we head out again.
as above!

I certainly wouldn't lay down in bed for a nap in my clothes from the park.
i think my dh could do this, but i don't give him the chance!

How do other people handle this?
we overcome this by doing laundry and overpacking!!
Am I just a clean freak?
not at all, well of course, i maybe slightly biased

I'm already planning to bring at least 7 outfits each for our 5 day trip.
and why the heck not?

my dd once went away for the weekend with her swim club, everyone else had holdalls or back packs-she had a full size case and a shoulder bag!-like i said-it's genetic :rotfl2::rotfl2:

For me, it depends what time of year I go. If it's in September, I pack an outfit for every day plus a couple of extra tops. If it's in cool weather, I'll wear a pair of jeans 2 or 3 times, so I pack fewer "bottoms" at that time of year. Still plenty of tops, though! And always, always extra underthings!

Yes, but I did one load of laundry during our stay. I brought less bottoms and more tops. Since we went n August, I sweat through whatever I wore in the morning and changed for the evening.

I don't - I always change clothes midday when we take a break. I go through at least 2 outfits every day. Since we drive, I just overpack. ;) If we were there for a very extended stay, I'd probably take the time to do 1 or 2 loads of laundry.

Our way of dealing with it is similar to others. A lot depends on the time of year you visit and how hot/humid it is. During our last August trip, we went back to the hotel in the afternoon and swam/napped. Everyone showered and completely changed clothes before going back to the park. We did laundry several times during that trip.

I often wear the same clothes "traveling" as well. For most trips, I take enough bottoms for one each day. They are usually a mix of shorts/capris in warmer weather, capris/jeans in cooler months. I then pack a top for every day plus 1-2 extra. Again, these are a mix of sleeve length. I always plan to do at least one load of laundry mid-week and pack underwear accordingly. I usually end up wearing a couple of things more than once (particularly jeans) without laundering them in the middle, but also wear several things twice which I have washed.

I find this works well since I bring enough different types of clothes to cover any changes in the weather. I have found that when traveling June - September, I don't bring any long pants at all since years of experience shows that they just ride back and forth in the luggage never to be worn. After about 10 trips, I just stopped packing them. I always take a sweater though since it can be cold in some of the restaurants.

We have started staying at Bonnet Creek instead of Disney resorts. One of the many reasons we like staying there is we have a washer and dryer. I always do a load or two of laundry that way I don't have to pack so much.

I do laundry. I won't re-wear at Disney, and now I'm bothered by the idea that other people are.

I don't do laundry (or cook or even really clean) on vacation (if I can avoid it!). I hate doing laundry (and cooking and cleaning) at home and I'm not about to spend my vacation doing something I hate! :lmao:
That being said... I am a chronic over packer like many others. I will bring 8 outfits for a 5 day vacation, especially with kids. We tend to go in the milder weather months so I do re-wear pants sometimes, but never shirts. My kids never repeat clothes. My DH can wear the same pair of shorts for a week straight (gross!) but he does that at home too and usually takes a few extra in the event something spills on them. We don't came back to the resort for afternoon breaks so one outfit a day works for us. If I have a washer/ dryer in the room, which we have had at several off-site resorts, I will occasionally throw in pool towels to dryer or wash out a major stain... but usually I don't bother!

We do laundry during our trip so my kids will definitely re-wear outfits. We are making 4 to 5 shirts so I expect they will want to wear their favorite shirts more than once. I'd rather go home with clean laundry so I don't mind doing it on vacation.

We don't rewear anything other than sweatshirts that we wore over other shirts at Disney. You just get too gross. I do laundry. If we were going to stay 4 or fewer days, I'd just pack enough, but for a longer trip, I have to do laundry so that I don't have to over pack.

Jeans and hoodies are the only things I'll rewear, but I usually bring like two/three hoodies and two pairs of jeans with four other bottoms. We tend to end up buying a lot at Disney, so I try to pack things that I can wear (possibly rewear) and then throw out to have even a little more room going home.

We always do laundry. Our last trip was 10 days and with sweat and baby spit up I would have needed to pack 20+ outfits per person. But I still pack lots because I get tired of seeing the same outfit in every picture ;)

I overpack and do laundry. I like being prepared for any occasion and bringing home clean clothes. That means there is just one less thing to do after getting back. It also means there is more time to make my photo book and start planning the next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter