Do you put identification on your children?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
I have DS 6 and DD 2 1/2. I am a little concerned about the big crowds, and very scary potential of being seperated. Of course I plan on keeping my eyes on them all the time, but just in case, I was wondering if anyone puts ID on their children and how? Thanks

Someone asked the same question about a month or two ago and got some really great suggestions. So, if you don't get a lot of responses, you might want to do a search and see if you can find it. One of the suggestions I remember was to use something like a small luggage tag (the kind with the information hidden unless you open it) and attach it to your kids shoes.„

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

I've seen several ideas....

One was to make a tag at one of those machines at Wal Mart with parents names and contact info on it. This could be put on the child's shoelaces. We did something similar and put it on a chain around ds's neck with his little flashlite...he could tuck it inside his shirt. He was 4 when we did this.

I've also heard to use a label inside the child's shirt with the same info.

Lesley

1979 Contemporary
1992 Off-site
1994 Carribean Beach
1999 Fort Wilderness and Coronado Springs
2000 Polynesian and Old Key West
2002 Boardwalk Villas

When we went, I had bought my kids the Guest of Honor pins from Gifts of a Lifetime. I then made small labels on my computer with our name, our cell phone number and our hotel and hotel phone #. I stuck these labels on the back of their pins so they weren't easily seen, but my kids knew they were there to show someone if they got lost.

Erika

An excelent question.
We have laminated cards and pinned them inside their clothes.
Included on this is our names, resort, and cel phone number.

What a good idea. I've never thought about it, but I will do it the next time!

mnm.gif

'84-Offsite
'95-DxL
'97-WL
'00-PO
'01-DxL
'02-DVC??

Whenever we visit any kind of amusement park or other overcrowded event I always dress my kids in the same (BRIGHT) color shirts (or hats in the winter). It just makes it easier to spot them in a crowd.

RAtimontrans.gif
<font Color =FF0000>HIFS 10/01
<marquee direction ="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">can't wait, can't wait, CAN'T WAIT!!</marquee>

<font face="comic sans MS">"It's disney, it's crowded. Get over it!"</font>

I made cards for our sons to carry in fanny packs. they had our names, cell phone numbers, hotel info and emergency contacts at home. I also took them to the dmv and got them state id cards which i carried incase i needed to find them.

I found a little boy who was lost walking up and down a strip mall, I took him into a store so they could call the police. The first thing the officer did was check the label of his shirt for info(small child). Just an FYI.

Kids are 4 and 7. We usually write our cell-phone number and name on their fore arms. It can't get lost. They can't get stuck with a pin. We can't forget the tag. The tag can't get caught on anyting, or left on a piece of clothing that has been removed (eg for swimming or water ride). Ball point won't come off easily even when you WANT it to. Its worked well, and when people see us doing that, there is usually someone around who asks to borrow the pen for the same purpose.

FANTASTIC TIPS!! I LOVE the ballpoint pen idea!!
Brilliant idea on the state ID cards!!!! I need to update my license so I think I will bring them with me. Would anyone else like to share their secrets with us??
Jeannine

We also have one of those cheapy polaroid cameras - I think it cost $30 or so. We are planning on taking a picture of the kids each am before heading to the parks. That way, if one gets lost, we will have a current, up to date picture of them in the outfit du jour, to show the security people or whomever. In a panic, I'm just not sure I'd be describing today's tshirt and shorts, or yesterdays!

If you are staying onsite you will receive a room key for ever member of the party. The kids keys have all of your information but not their name. With the key any cast member can find out who they are, it's in codes so it isnt' something anyone else would know.

On our trips I make sure the girls know how to identify a cast member (they have white name tags) and let them know that the key is their identification. My 6yo got separated for a few minutes while I thought she was in a playground. When she saw me she let me know that she had her key out and was looking for a cast member.

Janette
WDW
daisy.gif

Offsite ? - 1976, Vistana - 1988
Vistana/Contemp - June 2000, OKW - Feb 2001
BWV - DIS Convention Nov 2001
Disneyland - 1998

I always write our cell phone # on marking tape and tape it to the inside label of dd's shirt. She knows it's there but it doesn't advertise our #. I took about 5 kids to the zoo (class trip) they were all 7 yo. I made special purple happy face pin from jewelery pins and play foam. I wrote my cell phone number on the back and the kids in my group felt very special having there own button/pin!

SandraC, visit our Disney family web site www.angelfire.com/on/disneyfun
º0º
1975 - off site (11 years old),
1977 - off site (13 years old),
1987 - Indian Rock Shores (23 years old with hubby, b/f at the time),
1990 - Holiday Inn International Drive/Daytona Beach (26 years old, with hubby, six month after wedding),
1998 - KIDS VILLAGE, GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, Make-a-Wish trip with 4.5 year old daughter born ill),
2001 APRIL - CBR - ON SITE FIRST TIME! YIPPY! With dd 7 years old, ds 15 mo

I went to Petsmart and bought an animal tag, I put my sons name on it and our hotel. We laced it on his shoe lacings, upside down, so a casual look would not reveal his name. Janis

Actually my kids put a tag on me. WE make the tag on my computer and laminate it. It has all my medical info and their cell phone numbers in case of emergency. Never needed it yet.

Pooh Bear

Definitely a must! I used permanent marker on a piece of old undershirt (little square) and pinned it to my child's tag. This way I could reuse it as we changed. Make sure hotel is listed!!!

Very good ideas.
I saw some kids at one of the parks this week who had laminated tags around their necks with their names, birthdates, nicknames, parent's names, hotel, hotel phone number and basically everything you would need to find the kids parents. The only thing wrong was that it was hanging in clear sight around their necks in a typeface big enough that I could easily read all of it from over 6 feet away while we were waiting in a different part of the line. It would have been a good idea if it was hidden.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

What do you think needs to be on the tag?
we are from the uk, and will be staying off-site and on-site (different weeks), and don't have a cell-phone etc.
I was thinking of getting a dog tag made for her shoelace, but other than her name, and our name, and the hotel, what else should we be putting on it?

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter