Votes: 45 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

pmaurer74

DIS Veteran
Since this is the biggest hit to the new resale rules. Some of us have questioned how many DVC members purchase DVC APs and if this is a huge blow to new resale owners. We currently have an AP but will not be renewing because we would require a platinum pass. I have enjoyed being an AP owner and hope to be again someday when I can get two trips out of them. I did not purchase a DVC for this benefit and the rule changes would not have affected my decision to by resale since we likely will go only once a year after 2017 anyway.

We generally go a minimum of twice per year, so AP's work for us.... This year, we'll be going 3, maybe 4 times.

We have bought an AP every year since retiring. We spend about 30 nights at WDW, and continue vacations at HH or VB.

I voted every other year. I space my trips so that I have a trip right before it expires. I activated my current AP in December and will go in May and October this year. Will probably go to DL next year and WDW in the fall, so I'll get a new AP then. I usually buy one before a price increase and hold onto it, the one I activated last December I had for a year.

I voted "sometimes." I think we've done DVC WDW APs twice since becoming members in 2004 for the rare periods where we figured to go to WDW multiple times w/in the allowed travel window. (One of those passes allowed a 14-month travel window, if I recall correctly??) For most of the years we simply didn't visit the parks or purchased limited hours passes related to our business conferences.

Historically, running back to the mid-80s, I've held DLR APs on and off; mostly off. I'm quite stunned that we've maintained our current SoCal DLR APs for 3 years in a row! Wow, the Mouse has us.

I'm a FL resident and I purchase FL resident annual passes so that I can use the monthly pay option. If DVC offered the monthly payment option I'd probably buy that pass instead.

We only go every other year for 5-7 days, so we do not buy the AP. We also buy food and make our meals so the dinning discount isn't a big loss either (compared to the savings on resale vs direct).

We tend to get APs every 2 years and plan to get 2-4 trips on each pass. We love the signature restaurants, so we often do tables in Wonderland, but might be tough with recent increases. It use to be $75 just a few years ago, but last I checked it was up to $125, and rumor abound that Disney will stop offering this awesome discount card. TIW used to be a major reason to get AP, before we were DVC members.

I don't go that many days a year, so I have never bought myself an Annual Pass. I preferred the multi-day passes with the no-expiration option they used to offer. At least for me and mine that was the most cost effective option.

We started with the plan to buy a new AP every other year and take a trip once a year but do a week earlier the second year to get both trips on one AP and then not renew but wait a year to buy a new AP. Then they offered an AP deal and then a PAP deal that we couldn't pass up on. Our PAPs expired last year and we have a 4 night trip in Oct that we bought 3 day non-hoppers from UT for. Oct 2017 we will get new APs to use then and the following Oct...and maybe do a trip in between. So I voted every other year as that is our plan unless they offer up a deal like before.

We plan 2/3 trips at a time. This year, with my boys in college, they will get 16 days and DH and I will get 25 days out of them. Then we will take 18-24 months off and do it again.

I've had an AP for 20 years now and like the fact that I can get a better price through DVC. This hasn't always been the case. Though the way the prices are going, the future is uncertain. We normally renew every year since our dates are always similar. So renewing could change for us. But we have also been Universal passholders too for over 10 years and always renew. This year we let the renewal go. We will buy those again, but will stagger our dates in the future. I wrote them and they called me back and we discussed why we stopped renewing. So I was glad to share my views and feedback with Universal.

I voted sometimes although I've had an AP for the past few years because of the special offers. Whenever I had decided not to then they had something that made sense for it. But it definitely has not been the plan to have the AP's so continuously and I don't think they'll have any such offerings that will induce us both to have them.

We go about 2-3 times a year so we buy then each year. With the DVC discounts it make sense for us.

We visit several times a year and normally would purchase APs every other year. That being said, we decided this year to skip purchasing the APs as our son is military and purchased the Military Salute tickets for us. We will, however, purchase new AP's for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter