Do you pool hop?

How often do you pool hop?

• Almost every trip

• Sometimes

• Seldom

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
We wanted to while staying at BCV this past week and while strolling around the lake one morning I walked over to BW to check out the pool and there was a big sign there saying you had to show a BW ID to get in so we didn't get to. We also went to Whispering Canyon for dinner one night and started to let the kids wear their suits under their clothes but it looked like bad weather the closer to dinner time it got so we didn't. Sure nuff, BOOM, lightning, strong winds, and rain came while we were eating. There was a strike so close we heard and saw it at the same time, back towards the Contemporary.

Originally posted by jade1
We would still be happy with DVC if it was discontinued but not AS happy. Anyway with the percentages, almost 1/2 hop some. Is that like 30,000 members plus kids?
No, no --that's 1/2 of the182 posters who have voted so far . . . and we don't really know if all are DVC members.

"No, no --that's 1/2 of the182 posters who have voted so far . . . and we don't really know if all are DVC members."

Not sure what I was thinking, I took the poll percentages and used them as a sample to draw an approximate conclusion from the current numbers voted. Really should wait until all 60,000 vote and then verify they are also DVC members before giving any consideration to this poll-my bad.

"No, no --that's 1/2 of the182 posters who have voted so far . . . and we don't really know if all are DVC members."

Not sure what I was thinking, I took the poll percentages and used them as a sample to draw an approximate conclusion from the current numbers voted. Really should wait until all 60,000 vote and then verify they are also DVC members before giving any consideration to this poll-my bad.
LOL!!!

Just thought I'd contribute a little professional expertise:
It certainly is possible for a sample of a few hundred people to give results that are somewhat accurate (plus or minus 5%) IF those people are randomly selected. But of course the people on this board are not randomly selected members of DVC (selection bias), and among those on this board, the proportion of those who choose to respond to the poll may vary quite a bit depending on their views (participation bias). Between these two factors, the results should not be taken too seriously.

Personally, I suspect both factors result in too high a proportion of pool hoppers. But that's just a suspicion.

Sorry, jade1, I didn't mean to insult, but as erikthewise stated "the people on this board are not randomly selected." I think that the DVC polls on this board are very interesting and informative and probably can be used to indicate how members of this board feel about certain issues. But I have no idea how fairly this board represents the total DVC membership.

No sweat sparkspeak, just trying to skew the numbers toward pool hopping. Obviously many members dont use any pools (may be a good poll). Hey, maybe if 1/2 dont use the pools we could fill them with cement and play shuffle board on them. I know in most hotels a lot of guests avoid the pools, I have to believe many members wont swim (or cant) no matter how nice the pool area is. Question is would they even vote on a poll like this? I assume they would vote they do not pool hop. Whatever.

I voted never but I just recall that I'm mistaken in that. I did pool hop to SAB once...but I didn't go swimming...just sat and read a book.

We love to pool hop. No matter where we stay, we always visit the Polynesian to rent boats and have lunch and drink one of Rosie's great pina coladas. During all this fun, we swim a bit. We usually go early afternoon and the pool is never particularly crowded. My kids LOVE the volcano slide. OKW is my favorite, but the pools ARE less than thrilling...

I hope they leave this perk. It was a big part of us joining DVC. And if they ever make Villas at the Poly, I'll be first in line to get those points!

On one of our trips with just the 2 of us we devoted one day of pool hopping to GF,POLY,WL, and a couple of others that I can't remember! we made a day out of it and it was so much fun..ate at some ,looked around at other resorts and all in all it was a fun day..hope they never take this perk away..while I realize this might be harder with young children for just the adults it is a lot of fun and something different to do while it is hot..we did have our own car and just drove to the different resorts which we would have never done without the car..makes it so easy..marianne..ps never had a problem doing this with any CM's .. :hyper: :sunny:

We purchased DVC with the thought that that WDW would be a great place to vacation, even if there were no Theme parks. We like having leisurely days and being surrounded by beautiful places and things.

If we are staying at BCV but we are visiting the MK area, Pool Hopping would be a great option for a late afternoon break. We could visit the restaurants and swim and then head back to MK for the evening fireworks. With older children you can do this.

When my Ds's went on the Pirate Cruise (before we joined DVC), we asked about swimming while we waited for their return and was told Pool hopping was not allowed. As DVC members, this is a perk and something we would be interested in doing when they go again.

Pool Hopping is not just swimming but using the Pool area to lounge, relax, etc.

The World is not small, and PH gives the flexibility of not returning to your home base when you want a quick dip or break.

Many do get the DVC PH perk confused with Pool Crashing. One has nothing to do with the other.
Stopping PH for DVC members, will not stop others from Pool Crashing. DVC members have a choice of Pools (with the current perk) so why would we choose to visit an overcrowded Pool. Pool Crashing is an issue that needs to be addressed separately.

There are not many perks of being a DVC member that all would agree on. Equal Access to accomodations are not perks they are what we paid for. Why lambaste the member that books prime periods to sell on Ebay when the primary attitude of others is "it doesnt affect me"
Most use AP's so UHP discount should be discontinued. Some members are on diets so Dining discount should be discontinued. Some don't swim or think it's easier to visit a waterpark (not) so pool hopping should be discontinued. But what about those that do? We are members and neighbors and everyone should be concerned what happens in their neighborhood.
I am not going to take a short sighted approach to a long term committment. I am committed to DVC until 2054. Perks may come and go over that time as I am sure they will, but I'm not volunteering to give up anything. Maybe if members were more vocal about perks, DVD would provide better representation and try harder to secure and keep them.

Just returned from SSR last week and saw something there I realy did not like.I spent lots of time at main pool evry day, (at least 2-3 hours) and over heard 3 groups people saying that is was time to leave and to get ready to get back on boat to DTD. :listen: The conclusion I drew was that they took a bus or drove a car to DTD and used boat to get acsess to SSR main pool. These people could have been staying on or off site I dont know. even though I dont pool hop, I think it should be allowed for DVC members. What should be done?? Some days I could not even find a chair, and to think that some of the people there, may not belong there, well, made a bit angry. :furious:

lisareniff said:
WOW! Goofeydec this is a reeeeaaallly old poll! Why did you dig it up?
Sorry lisereniff i did not know. i only get a little time on pc each day, and cant read evrything as you cac see from # of posts, i just needed to vent. :rolleyes2

We will pool hop occasionally since we go in the summer and often want to go for a swim to cool off and put a break in the day at the parks. Often, we also rent a boat as well, and since we are usually pretty hot after that, a quick swim helps. We will usually pick a pool close to whatever park we are at. Most of the pools have showers and lockers, or allow you to use the health club for that. We don't find it a hassle at all, and the kids enjoy seeing the different pools. We do this about once or twice over the two week period we are there. We spend most of our swim time at our resort pool (usually OKW or SSR) and the water parks.

No we just stayed in our hom pool SSR couldnt be bothered to use the others at the time felt we could save that pleasure when we actually visited a different resort

This is an old thread, and I see from the poll that I voted never. Well having DGC, that changed, we did enjoy swimming at the Port Orleans Riverside pool one time, and if we had the chance to do it again sometime, we will!

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter