do you plan where you will eat for QS meals?

Not usually. We got a FP+ for BOG, so that is planned. We do tend to eat at the same QS eat trip though, so although not "planned" per say, we know where we will eat in each park just because, that is where we eat. Yes, sad, I know :rolleyes1

We have a general idea of where we like and where we don't like to eat but though I'm a planner (excel sheet, binder, Disney box, etc.), QS meals are kind-of a let's see where we are when we get hungry thing.

A little. I usually have a short list of favourite places in each park. We'll pick the closest one when we get hungry.

we don't necessarily "plan". we don't know which day or what time, but we do have a general idea. like this time we might try flame tree bbq on an ak day and maybe casey's on a mk day. we haven't eaten at those two places yet, so we probably will on this trip. I also know my dh will eat at pecos bills with or without me. every time. :thumbsup2

Sort of. We didn't pre-plan exactly what QS restaurant we'd be hitting at what time, but I did print out a list of all the QS stops for the park we'd be visiting that day & read through to see what type of food sounded interesting.

I will say that we didn't read up on Epcot or HS before & we had a really hard time finding which restaurants were QS vs TS just by looking around. It was kind of frustrating to deal with when you've got a hungry child who just wants to eat.

Like the others have said, I keep a list of QS I don't want to miss, and we pick based on where we are and what sounds good!

I have a list of several CS places I think everyone in the family will find something they might like. Last trip we went in September and I added places that were inside and had AC where we could get in out of the heat.

My mom made fun of me when she found a list of everywhere we are eating each day. But on previous trips with the dining plan we have been convinced we should save meals, and at the end of the week ended up with meals to use up. So this time I drew up a general idea of where we will eat each meal. Since some places we will each get something, and other places we share, this gives me a better idea of how many credits are available.

Absolutely. Not necessarily the when but we have one or two places in each park where we always eat. Pecos Bill/Cosmic Rays, Restaurantsaurus/Flaming Tree, Backlot Cafe, and anywhere in the World Showcase.

Absolutely. Most of the QS food is meh! And some is downright terrible. But there are some gems in every park. (Well, DHS doesn't have any gems but it has some items that are less terrible.) I keep a short list all the time and when I'm doing a touring plan I schedule in meal breaks. I have a pretty good idea what section of the park I'll be in at meal time, and scheduling them insures that I don't push it too long without a meal or snack.

Kind of. I have a list in my head of favourites in the park and I eat at whatever one is closet.

minnie mum said:
A little. I usually have a short list of favourite places in each park. We'll pick the closest one when we get hungry.

This is what we do, too.

I never did. This year I did but I doubt ill stick to it.probably just stop and eat where we are at when we are hungry like always. :shrugs:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We don't exactly plan, but we know which ones we like and which ones we prefer to avoid. It depends on where we are when we get hungry, but there is definitely a short list.

In the past no. We also never did ADRs and would just wing it. This time I will have a short list of a few places in each park that appeal to our family.

I loosely plan it. Basically look at menus and reviews on line beforehand so we have an idea of which places we would like. Then we pretty much eat at wherever we feel like it at the moment, but at least I have a list of suggestions on hand if we're not sure what we want.

I didn't last time, but apparently we missed a lot of cool CS places because we ate at the one we saw at that time. This time I am going to check them all out and bring a list for the ones we would be interested in for each park.

We'll also look at menus and have a general idea of what we want to do. If Disney was less accommodating about allergies, we'd plan more, but they're great.

There are a few places we like to hit, though - Casey's and Flame Tree stand out. I also want to try BOG lunch this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter