• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you own a Disney Poncho?

Do you own a Disney poncho?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have four never used.We bought them because it had rained every day and our cheap ones were gone.It didn't rain anymore after we bought them. :)

:rotfl2: So funny you should post...just came back from big lots and purchased 4 ponchos. Nice with hoods in yellow and blue and red. Only 2.99 each. We will see how these hold up but they look pretty sturdy! They had adult and child sizes.

Yes--the Grizzly River Rapids ride cost us over $21 because we bought ponchos for it. (Well worth the $$ as they kept us very dry--although I did have dollar store ponchos back in the room :rolleyes: !)

I have 1, and I got it in August. It is clear with a mickey on the back. The only problem I have with ponchos is that when it stops raining, its hard to stor them without getting all wet :confused3

I have several. The oldest is about 15 years old. It just doesn't wear out or rip. Always have it in the car, ready to throw in my backpack if the weather looks threatening. By the way have you see the Rainy Day Character Cavalcade at the MK. It is great fun in the rain.

We bought 4 last March and ended up leaving them in our room at AKL. We didn't think we'd have enough room in our luggage, since we still had to get on the Wonder and had many more trinkets to buy! I will say they were great to have during the torrential downpour, but it was tough to pay the money for them and then leave them behind.

Yes I do. But mine are from the late 80's. Only 1 snap is broken. Other than that who cares, they do their job. Some people who remember them can't believe I still have them. Others ask me where I bought them from hoping they could get one too because they have a nice picture of Cinderella Castle on the back. :rotfl2:

We are multiple Disney poncho owners. One year we forgot to bring them, another they developed a rip, we probably have 7 or 8. :sunny:

LIFERBABE said:
We will most likely purchase the Disney one's the next time we get caught in the rain. I hated the cheapies, it was like being wrapped in Saran Wrap :rotfl:

A CM told me a funny story last month on why WDW changed from yellow to clear ponchos.
She said that when it rained, there was a sea of yellow at the parks and children would get turned around and start following the yellow poncho, thinking it was their parent. So they made all the ponchos clear. It's probably Disney lore but interesting.
The only ponchos we have are the Mr PH yellow poncho. :rotfl2:

Actually, this makes sense. I always thought thought that when they were yellow ''gee, how does everyone keep track of each other when everyone looks the same''. I bet you that's exactly why they are clear now instead. :)

I bought my last one to go on Kali cause I wanted to go on it, but it was a little chilly. Good thing I did cause it poured like heck right after for the rest of the day.

jezabel_007 said:
Where do you get these and how much are they? Do they take up a lot of room?? I'm so worried it's going to rain! We're going Feb 10-13.

ACK! Bite your tongue! We will be there Feb. 11-18 and IT WILL NOT RAIN...come on, repeat it with me now... IT WILL NOT RAIN!

I think we're up to 6 now. All yellow, all used only once, either I'd forget them at home or in the room. :rolleyes: I tried to sell them on e-bay but I had no luck so I guess I'll hang on to them.

HopperFan said:
Got caught in AK in pouring rain, not really much cover, so had no choice but to purchase. They are very nice, khaki with AK logo on them. Decent quality.

The ones with Safari Mickey on the back? I've regretted not buying those ever since! We have traditional yellow which now our Pal Mickey's have too LOL

Gotta love your Disney Yellow Poncho, I've worn it at home and actually at a 5K when it was downpouring the enter race (with snow, hail and wind). If I recall correctly there were other yellow Disney ponchos in that race LOL

My Mom bought $store ones in 2000 and I was miserible in mind. We were waiting for Fantasmic! to start, it was September and hot. I was steaming in it. It was one that was closed up with sleeves, not open like the disney ones. It went in the trash immediately and when it started to drizzle again I purchased a Disney one which I still have. Hubby bought his in 2002 and we still have that too. I'm dreading when we have to throw them away due to a rip and buy the clear ones. I LOVE my yellow poncho, course I understand and agree with the new version but there is nothing like a Yellow Disney Poncho and possibly the only thing better to me would be the AK beige one which I think was sold from opening till 2000 or maybe less than that.

LOVE MY DISNEY PONCHO!!!! :umbrella: we need a smiley in a yellow disney poncho LOL

I have 4 clear from this Dec., + 2 umbrella's, 2 yellow from who knows when, and a beige one from AK.
I'll remember to pack them when I go in May. Maybe then it won't rain. :sunny:

Yes. It's the old yellow kind. Believe it or not I have never used it. I have a feeling I will break it out for our next trip in August.

We bought some last time when we got rained on, and the prices went up when the rain started! Seriously! We spent like $27 for 2 adult and one child size. We will definitely be keeping them for next trip! :umbrella:

didn't think we would use one on our last trip in August, but we ended up using them. bought 2 kids. we use one for dd and one for stroller.

We broke down and bought them last October while we were there. It rained everyday and one of the days we just couldn't do it anymore so we have one per person. They stay in our luggage so we have them for every trip.

The key is to actually bring them in the park and not leave them in the room so we don't end up with another set ;)

Absolutely! I have the older yellow ones & the clear from last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter