• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you order from Angel Food Ministries?

jspoole

Earning My Ears
I was just wanting to know if anybody uses AFM to help stock up the freezer for the month? And if so, how many boxes do you order per month?

With the rising cost of food I have really been getting into couponing lately, but some times it is hard to find your main dish at a deal even with coupons. I have ordered from AFM for April and May just to have the main dishes. It seems to be helping built our food supply up. We are trying to get a 3 month supply stocked up.

We just started doing this a few months ago. We get 2 boxes, one for us and one for DS 25 who has his own apt. This month DS 24 moved home from college, so we might start getting an extra for home. We ordered an extra meat pgk and that was a great idea. Also got a fruit and veggie pack, but there were items we did not use, so I'm not sure about getting that again. The food is good quality and, yes, it does save money. You are under no obligation to continue after trying it, so my thought is to get it once and see what you think.

I haven't personally, but I know quite a few people who have. I think a lot of people don't because they think it is for the low income, but that is not the truth. They want anyone, rich or poor to buy. The more boxes they sell the more free boxes the sponsor church gets to be able to donate to those in need. I keep meaning to order a box and always forget.

We did once, and while most of the meat was good, the other items were just horrible. I don't mind store brands, but these were worse than any bad store brand I have ever had.

I can do better with coupons and/or specials and I also prefer fresh meat to frozen.

Suzanne

I actually love it and buy the main package, the fruits adn veggie and the new latino fruit and veggie. For me in atlanta- the fruit and veggies are way frsher than what is in our grocery store and much much cheaper. I am a very picky eater and I love it. anything I dont like gets donated right on the spot where I pick it up so nothing is wasted!

I did quite a few years ago. I felt a lot of their meals were not very healthy and so I opted to try to save via coupons, store specials, etc.

I think its good to try though (as I plan to do again - some things change, kwim?) and see if it is right for you and your family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter